Bretonnian roster... What's the deal?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Bretonnian roster... What's the deal?

Post by Darkson »

A team is official when MattDakka mentions it and clawpomb in the same sentence.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Meanwhile, on Cyanide forum, this is what people think of Bretonnians:
http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... =61&t=6591

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Not bad actually :)
The most negative views are from the TFF regulars. Good they got in on the action early.

But I'll concede that they're probably low tier 1.
So probably not an excellent choice for MM. Then again - what is?
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

plasmoid wrote:But I'll concede that they're probably low tier 1.
regular human roster is a Tier 2.
I don't see this cyanide roster more performant than human.
Except maybe at very low TV / very low experiences (because 4 wrestle and 4 block as starting skill)

But at medium/high tv, this roster will be limited by :
1/ the very poor skill-access of the blitzer.
2/ slow progress of the other positionnel (less CAS xp for wreslter, and Ag2 and Wrestler are poor ball carrier)
3/ Wreslte has bad synergy (compare to block) with S-Skill (MB, Guard, ...)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

babass wrote:regular human roster is a Tier 2.
Not correct.

All the data I've seen so far is that Humans are still in Tier 1 ... lower Tier 1 but Tier 1. 55% to 45% is Tier 1.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

I will just say... I don't hate them as much as I thought I would when I picked up BB2 on PS4. Are they more playable than I expected? More unique and fun than I expected? Or.. BB2 just has more things to hate than I expected, so Brets don't stand out? Hard to say... But I guess I grudgingly will say they are a pretty fun team to play as and against, especially with 4 of my favorite teams to play (Vampires, Chaos Dwarves, Chaos Pact, Slann) not existant.

Deacon.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deacon. »

I have to say as a new player to Blood Bowl, I really enjoy the flavor of the Brettonian team. To me, with the current 10 teams, I would much rather pick up the Brett's as a humanoid team as they are more specialized, humans just aren't as engaging for me. Of course I am bringing no preconceived notions to the table.
Also, although after doing my research I wish they had added Norse instead. I can just imagine the hate if they didn't add anything new, as a game company they would have heard "You re released the same game with glitches and nothing new just to make money off DLC" at least this way they may get purchases from the non-vocal majority looking for new content. Glass is half full!

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Deacon. wrote:I have to say as a new player to Blood Bowl, I really enjoy the flavor of the Brettonian team. ... I would much rather pick up the Brett's as a humanoid team ... I wish they had added Norse instead... Glass is half full!
Personally- I'm more of a Glass is half empty (or Darkson) type person. Which is why I'm 100% shocked that the Brettonians don't even make my list of things which annoy me about BB2. I couldn't agree more about the Norse, they were redesigned extremely well.

But honestly speaking- BB2 has allowed me to get in 4 games a week with real people, while playing the campaign mode and leveling up a Dark Elf team (computer only). Grudgingly speaking I have gotten my money's worth... although I guess I should have just reloaded BB1 on my PC lol!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Jural wrote:Personally- I'm more of a Glass is half full (or Darkson) type person.
I think you mean half empty, else you've got me all wrong. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Darkson wrote:
Jural wrote:Personally- I'm more of a Glass is half full (or Darkson) type person.
I think you mean half empty, else you've got me all wrong. :wink:
Edited in the original! I was pessimistic I could pull that analogy off... :wink:

Loin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Loin »

I don't understand all this hate towards plasmoid and his rules. The guy tries to balance the game and brings attention to the BB brand. Haven't played the game for decades like you guys, but I think that after CRP the game wasn't perfectly balanced and still need adjustments. GW did nothing and plasmoid took the banner.

As for Brets, I hoped for S access for Knights, but I am still happy, that there are changes in the game, new teams are introduced and that this IP is not dead, as it seemed to me several years ago.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Loin wrote:I don't understand all this hate towards plasmoid and his rules. The guy tries to balance the game and brings attention to the BB brand. Haven't played the game for decades like you guys, but I think that after CRP the game wasn't perfectly balanced and still need adjustments. GW did nothing and plasmoid took the banner.

As for Brets, I hoped for S access for Knights, but I am still happy, that there are changes in the game, new teams are introduced and that this IP is not dead, as it seemed to me several years ago.

I'm with you- I don't get people's beef with Plasmoid. And I have played the game for decades, so that's not a factor.

I didn't think the game was particularly more perfect with the CRP than it had been under LRB 4 or 5, so Plasmoid's changes seemed like some very slight fixes. Exactly the sort of thing I'd expect to see in an LRB 7.

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

I'm guessing you don't understand the problems, because you aren't following or it's too difficult to follow the debates/arguments. The complaints are varied, but there is reasoning behind them. It's also not coincidental that it's the older more critical members of the community that have problems with his work.

Personally, I find him ok, there's no doubting he works hard and definitely adds and provides for the community. It's good that he offers an avenue to play differing forms of the game. I have definite worries about him being used in an official capacity though.