FF-fields customer service?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

FF-fields customer service?

Post by Minigiant »

Hello everyone

Recently i have wanting to get a custom field created for my dwarf team. I settled on FF-fields after all the feedback i have read across this forum and the web.

I contacted them on the 17th March where i received an immediate response. I replied the following day (18th) twice (I forgot one attachment). After one week has passed i message them over facebook asking if they received my email. The message has been seen but again, no reply.

Is this something i should come to expect from FF-fields?

I understand they must be busy with their kickstarter but i would just like some acknowledgement

Reason: ''
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: FF-fields customer service?

Post by Heff »

They were good with both of mine. Sometimes takes em a few days, panic not :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

They have a couple of big projects going on right now, including the crowdfunding campaign you mentioned. I understand that it can be frustrating, but I'm sure Alex will get back to you as soon as he can.

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

I couldn't have been happier with the work and service they provided for me. I was picky and hard to please but they did it. I had a rather large precise custom order so maybe the size of the project helped, but they were great for me. S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

For full clarification on this situation i was contacted yesterday saying they will be working on my board today

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Something to remember is that in niche hobby communities, often the people running these companies aren't doing it as their full-time jobs. They may have real lives they need to attend to, and while taking a person's money for a product or service brings with it certain responsibilities, they may not always be able to reply to every communication as if they were doing it for a living. (They're also often doing it as a one-person operation.)

I don't know if this is true for Alex or not, and I'm not suggesting you were overly concerned. I've just seen a number of these "is XXXX reliable?" questions pop up lately, and thought I'd throw this out there...

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

Hi All,

Is this something that people have been experiencing again? I contacted Alex in January asking for a pitch, agreed a price and now haven't heard from him for 2 months - he hasn't replied to the last 4 emails. I've also not seen a single WIP shot at all.

Anyone know if he's still alive?

Chris

ct
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I first contacted him in July. My own delays didn't get things started until September. I did not hear from him between Sept. and Feb. Things happen, I understand. My order fell through the cracks. I contacted him in early Feb. He responded almost immediately, then I have not heard from him again.

For the record. Other than the few posts in this thread, EVERY interaction I know of was thoroughly pleased with his service.

ceetee
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ceetee »

And cancelled. Just no contact at all - i have no idea whether these guys had even started on my pitch.

Massive pity - everything else I've heard about them has been positive too. :(

ct
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Also, no contact. I hope the individual is okay, but with no response and the board changing size I'm not trying or hoping anymore.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I was talking to him this morning. He does this in his spare time and is very busy with his real job, but he is still working.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Sorry to hear about your orders guys. That sucks to be left hanging, because I am sure that you are really excited to be ordering your own personalised field.
May I just say though, that I'd tough it out and wait. I did. I have four fields from them. All different and all amazing. I get compliments about them whenever I put one down for a game. All four are in the hard puzzle board style.
I also had to wait months (long, sad months) to get each of them. Each time, it felt like it was taking forever and the waiting was no fun at all.
The results though, oh sweet momma... damn fine boards. No regrets.

Cheers,
-Dan

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Don't get me wrong. His stuff is amazing! If it wasn't for the board size changing in the next year, I would keep pestering him.

I specifically designed and built a carrying case that would have a pitch on the outside. I was working with him to get a non-standard layout already. Now I just don't know what I want.
When I figure out what I'm going to do, I will try to get in touch with him again.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I know he's currently looking at how to print and cut the new size, how that can work on the plastic sheets used to minimize waste, and looking at the costs. Because he's doing it for me.
I will post details when I know them, but right now it's an exercise in what is possible.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik