Using Marauders instead of Beastmen in Chaos teams.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Using Marauders instead of Beastmen in Chaos teams.

Post by nonumber »

Heff wrote:
nonumber wrote:I actually played against a really nice Chaos team at the NAF that was the other way round - Beastmen for... well... Beastmen, and Bestigors for the Warriors on 30mm bases to make them a little grander. Very nice team.

I also wouldn't have a problem with it and I'm sure the players who potentially would are pretty few and far between.

That said, give 'em the horned helmets just to be safe :D
I played a necro team where every player was a werewolf. That was occasionally confusing Cannot remember who l played but it set the pattern for our second day. :lol:
:wink:

Reason: ''
"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:Conversions are fine much better than mere substitute figures in my opinion.

Coloured bases are fine too. I paint white lines on the linemen base or the 0-16 positional.

Most important thing is to paint them, nothing worse than unpainted models.
Lego is worse

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

White lines signify throwers.

Of course there isn't a problem here. As everybody has said. For personal satisfaction if you feel uneasy, maybe a bit of cheap greenstuff for fur? It's pretty easy to do.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Cyrus-Havoc wrote: Most important thing is to paint them, nothing worse than unpainted models.
I prefer unpainted models rather than very poorly painted one.
:D

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Cyrus-Havoc wrote: Most important thing is to paint them, nothing worse than unpainted models.
Been telling my wives that for over 30 years.... :P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

I like neither of those options. But then again, I believe everyone can get at least moderate painting skills through a little bit of practice. It`s just like learning rules.

@Marauders for beastmen

Wouldn`t mind, but I like them better on a norse team. But as long as they are clearly seperatable from the warriors everything is A-ok.

Cyrus-Havoc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cyrus-Havoc »

harvestmouse wrote:White lines signify throwers.

Of course there isn't a problem here. As everybody has said. For personal satisfaction if you feel uneasy, maybe a bit of cheap greenstuff for fur? It's pretty easy to do.
My white line go on the top of the base to look like the lines on a pitch. I should have made that clearer.

Not Undead, but perhaps the oldest living coach.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

I like to see interesting takes on teams... Chaos is probably an easy one to do it with as you have very few positionals. It only becomes and issue for me where there are around 6 positionals in a team and the positionals are picked out by stuff by like "blitzers have ponytails, linemen have little scarves, catchers are looking over their shoulders, throwers don't have eyebrows" etc. That sort of stuff is just poor. If you're doing it in a way that is clear, concise and easy to spot at a reasonable tabletop viewing position then I say good on you. Sounds like it'll look sweet. I know my Chaos Pact Marauders are!

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.