Take Root, Knocked down and Stunned tokens

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Take Root, Knocked down and Stunned tokens

Post by Deus Magi »

I played my Halflings last week, got a bit mashed. Realised that I need three Taken root tokens, three Knocked down tokens and three Stunned tokens. Any advice on nice, preferably metal, tokens that can be bought? I'd settle for plastic though. I was thinking of just some nice scenic bases with a large fallen tree or tree stump on it, for the Take root. I don't want anything cardboard. is there anything good out there being sold. I'm looking at having it painted up to match the rest of the team. The treemen are just too big to lay down on the pitch.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Check out Greebo for tree markers http://www.greebo-games.com/product-cat ... l/markers/

For take root I tend to put a red reroll marker under the player's 30mm base.

Silly question. Why would you need three take root markers? You can only take two treemen. Unless you're counting Deeproot, in which case I suggest you have a closer look at his skills before your next game! ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Take Root, Knocked down and Stunned tokens

Post by Deus Magi »

Of course, you are dead right! As soon as I read you message. Klang. I'll have a nose at those Greebo items.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I use these in combination with the Greebo markers for trees that are downed and/or rooted

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Depending on where you are, Impact might be your best option: http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=tokens
Impact are US (but ship anywhere), and have a UK supplier in Tritex Games (although at a quick glance I couldn't see them on their site).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

All good stuff. I've got some of the weather tokens that Impact do, very nice. I'm leaning towards the Greebo markers and some sort of scenic base for Take Root. Appreciate the ideas, any more welcome.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Hungry Troll make (or made, not sure they still have them) some very nice treeman counters.
If you've already got stunned/prone markers in mind, they could work equally well for Take Root. They're resin, so you could even file off the text pretty easily.

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Those are not quite for me, but thanks for giving me their name. Looking at their site, they have some great stuff. Goblin cameras, the classic reporters and some pretty good looking turn markers. Also, luckily, I didn't see that Ogre Kickstarter, or my money would have gone down on that for a full set!

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

just seen these:

http://www.comixininos.com/set-of-3-coi ... -arts.html

but they are out of stock at the moment. Does anyone know if Tabletop Arts have their own site, or are stocked by anyone else?

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Besides knowing it, I found a link using this brand new thing called Google. :wink:

http://www.tabletop-art.de/Bloody-Sports-Muenzen-Marker

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

I did actually search Tabletop Arts with Bloodbowl, but it came up with a wealth of other stuff. I'm getting old! I should have been more specific :roll: . Thank you.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

I made little thought bubbles for my rooted trees http://talkfantasyfootball.org/download ... &mode=view

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

That's a really great idea. Like that!