Why didn't Frankenstein make the cut?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

If anyone can relate, why wasn't Frank translated into a star player for the Necros?

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Why didn't Frankenstein make the cut?

Post by Regash »

DELETED BECAUSE OF ERRORS, THANKS STEAM BALL!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

You counted wrong or looked at the wrong PDF. Example:

Wood Elf:
Dolfar Longstride (150k),
Willow Rosebark (150k),
Eldril Sidewinder (200k),
Jordell Freshbreeze (260k),
Zara the Slayer (270k),
Morg ‘n’ Thorg (430k) >> 6

IIRC everyone has 6.

Regash

Post by Regash »

So here now...

I think Franky didn't make the cut because of balance.
Each team has 6 starplayers available.
Adding Franky would mean that you had to add more to even each team to seven.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

My guess would be casting reasons. No then current GW-casted model, so not on the roster.
Imho he would more fitting then Nekbr otherwise.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I believe the intention was to make a hammer horror of team options and replace Undead with mummies going to the skeleton team.

Looking at their stars
Hack Enslash (120k), J Earlice (180k), Setekh (220k), Wilhelm Chaney (240k), Ramtut III (380k), Count Luthor von Drakenborg (390k)

And the Undead
Sinnedbad (80k), Hack Enslash (120k), J Earlice (180k), Setekh (220k), Ramtut III (380k), Count Luthor von Drakenborg (390k)

They are rather similar bar Chaney. The ones that stand out for me are hack Enslash and Setekh due to the Werewolf/Skeleton fluff. While hack enslash could keep a dog at bay perhaps :) that leaves Setekh.

But look at his stats... 6 4 2 8 Loner, Regeneration, Block, Break Tackle, Juggernaut, Strip Ball

That is fairly close to a flesh golem (4 4 2 9 Regeneration, Stand Firm, Thick Skull) so use Frank as a model for him?

But if I were adding Frank to the roster that is who I would drop and the points area I would aim for.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

My thinking is similar to Chris....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Seketh has an egyptian feeling that i dislike for necros. One mummy is cool enough for a Hammer team, and that would be Ramtut. So there would be a spot for Good Old Frankie, a much more fluffy starplayer.

That's one of the facts that make me feel that necros are poorly designed, RR cost being another point. It's a problem of 'ubercool idea, bad design, players love them for the fluff, but need a review'

Same feelings about the unnecessary undead dark elf for dark elves, i would have preferred Tuern Redvenom, but that's me.....

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I can actually give you the reason it happened.

We presented to Jervis that all teams should have 6 stars and that the stars should be spread across the price points as much as possible.

The response was that that made sense ... however the desire was to keep the number of new stars to a minimum. The other problem is that Frank was a best that would need some rework as another ST 5 star was not really a prime choice.

So his stats, mixed with the fact that Seketh allowed us to use only one stars to fill up teams that were short on stars meant Frank got left behind.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

He had to be strength 5? Would have been fine with him as strength 4 with skills... Of course a very plain (cheap) strength 5 model would let you emphasise that aspect of the team and make up for the lack of big guy against strength teams.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Chris wrote:He had to be strength 5? Would have been fine with him as strength 4 with skills... Of course a very plain (cheap) strength 5 model would let you emphasise that aspect of the team and make up for the lack of big guy against strength teams.
No he did not have to be ... but Setekh was already available to us and worked. There were several times I wanted to add in one more star player and the decision was that using one already created would fill the gap okay without adding another star.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

what are franks current stats? we use him in our league, but then again, we have a collection of about 150+ star players in a file card binder. these are a mix of gw stars, stars from different web sites and home grown stars from our league. we've been playing as the thursday night hero's since 1991...

Rick Sanchez lives!