What if Cyanide did to BloodBowl what GW did to Warhammer?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: What if Cyanide did to BloodBowl what GW did to Warhamme

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Dode,
UI issues, both in and out of game, aare one of the biggest complaints. Lack of individualplayer stats, no player levelling reskins (i.e. a legend looks like a rookie), difficulty telling some teams positionals apart and, the biggest one for me personally, so many skills aren't optional.
OK....
I hope that means the AI is fine. Fingers crossed.
What does lack of individual player stats mean?

"So many skills aren't optional" is probably gonna be a deal breaker for a lot of TT'ers. Coming to the game from the outside it doesn't appear too bad. It is a minor nerf to about 10 skills. And cripples a few - those are the ones I'm hoping are still optional.
If not, they have at least come up with their own nerf to PiOn :orc:

Cheers
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Say, Dode, this occurred to me. On page 12 you told Koadah:
"Regular" to me meant "on a schedule", i.e. regularly. Scheduled leagues are specifically mentioned in the rulebook (LRB6 page 31):
Your quote is somewhat out of context. It is in the middle of a section with examples of how to resolve who progresses to an end of season tournament. First paragraph goes "one method....", second goes "another method" and the third one goes "finally, a League Commisioner can decide to run the regular season as a League with scheduled matches...".

So it is not on an exclusive list of allowed League structures.

Earlier on the same page it also states that: "He (the League Commissioner) will need to let his coaches know how long the season will run for, and how many end of season tournaments will be run."
A dozen of matches is suggested. But not a rule. It would be perfectly legal for a commish to say: 30 years.

No primacy is given to fixed Schedule Leagues at all.
In fact, on the top of the next page open Leagues are mentioned implicitly, when it talks of people dodging games - which is not possible in a scheduled League.

So open Leagues are in the rulebook every bit as much as scheduled Leagues.
I don't know if you were playing BB back then, but in fact open Leagues was one of the big new Things introduced in 3rd ed., presumably because scheduled Leagues have a tendency to collapse when one or more coaches quit the League.

That said - you are absolutely correct that according to the rules an open League must allow challenges and challenge refusals/swaps.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

I hope that means the AI is fine.
Uncross the fingers. It's bad.
So it is not on an exclusive list of allowed League structures.
No primacy is given to fixed Schedule Leagues at all.
I didn't say it was or it should be. Koadah's claim on that same page, though, was that "Open round robin is closer to what is mentioned in the rule book than round robin." My contention is that they are both mentioned, just as you say.

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

koadah wrote:The old "we don't play enough games to see the problem" and "you could refuse to play those teams" are a bit weak.
But hey, I suppose it is all a matter taste. Some people like that kind of thing. I'll be looking to build a full monty CPOMB team in leagues that allow it. ;)
I have made neither of those claims. I just haven`t seen the problem. And you haven`t showed me either. You posted a link to a Chaos team from Fumbbl with 73 (was it?) matches and a decent win record. But nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing that I would see as a problem. For a general pixel hugger (aren`t we all?) it might not be fun to play against a team that is sporting so many CPOMBers, but it doesn`t seem to be the optimal build, to me at least. I guess my point is: If you want to change the rules you need to show me why.

And for your last statement I say: Welcome to Orca Cola! We are between seasons now, and we make no restrictions on how you build your team. It would be fun to see how they fared!

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

As I said, it is a matter of taste. You play your rules, I'll play mine.