F.A.T. Mat

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

elbowskin
Rookie
Rookie

F.A.T. Mat

Post by elbowskin »

As a Warhammer Fantasy Player Frontline gaming make what I think to be one of the best playing surfaces I have used which are the F.A.T. Mats.

I have just started to get into Blood Bowl and I was hoping someone was already doing something similar? Nice roll up neoprene mat with a non stick backing and beautiful graphics printed on the top? Is there a company out there doing this? Or do I need to organise to get my own done?

Thanks

Rob

Reason: ''
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: F.A.T. Mat

Post by Saebelsultan »

You probably have to organise that yourself. Sorry. At least I don't know of any companies that do neoprene fields.
If you do organise some yourself, please let us know where and how. I reckon there would be quite a few people interested in knowing.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There's a guy on Facebook that's been designing "mouse mat" pitches for Dreadball (with Mantic's blessing I hasten to add) that have been ordered through a webstore, but not having ever heard of F.A.T. mats I've no idea if that's the same thing.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

These maps look quite nice but are way too big! 4' is about 120 cm.
I wonder if they can be cut properly and be painted accordingly. Anyone any thoughts on that?

http://eustore.frontlinegaming.org/fat- ... -4x4/dp/33

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I have some designs that would be perfect for this and am actively looking for ways to get them printed (sore point right now in fact). If you find a reliable source, get in touch.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'll try to remember to check/ask him where the mats are from. I think its "inkedplaymats" or something like that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Inkedplaymats are good, but they have refused to touch anything that may infringe copyright (I've spoken with them on a few ideas), so just have to be careful on the images used.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yes, it's InkedPlayMats. They've been happy to make Dreadball pitches, but that might be because Mantic had given the ok (or just they don't know what DB is ;) ).

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks gents. I'll get in touch. I've also reached out to a couple of other manufacturers so hopefully will be back up and running soon!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co