NAF logo

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: NAF logo

Post by Olaf the Stout »

What was the reason that the NAF changed the logo from the spiked ball to the spiked world? Just curious as I much prefer the old logo.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GW legal claimed it was their IP or something.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

For some reason I thought it was a preemptive move on the NAF'S part but I could be mis-rememberung that. S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Olaf the Stout wrote:What was the reason that the NAF changed the logo from the spiked ball to the spiked world? Just curious as I much prefer the old logo.
Hi Olaf,

The only reason the spiked globe was created was the World Cup. In the spring of 2007 we talked about having something unique for the WC and that is when it was created. We made T shirts, pencils and a metal coin (all numbered for uniqueness) that used the new logo. We wanted the branding to be something new.

As far as I am concerned, the spiked ball is still the official logo? I am open to be corrected but I have never known of a committee meeting or discussion where we purposely changed it. Perhaps it is a matter of personal taste, which is good enough for me.

TFF mod team
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Blammaham wrote:For some reason I thought it was a preemptive move on the NAF'S part but I could be mis-rememberung that. S.
Whilst the reply to Olaf above is the factual history, your statement is not without a little foundation. I now realise, those conversations were more than 8 years ago. Crikey.

TFF mod team
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Any chance of the vector file being added to the NAF site or otherwise made publicly available?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lycos wrote:As far as I am concerned, the spiked ball is still the official logo? I am open to be corrected but I have never known of a committee meeting or discussion where we purposely changed it. Perhaps it is a matter of personal taste, which is good enough for me.
Deathwing on NAF forum, 3rd Jan 2012 wrote:Moving on: The current 'official' logo. This is in the process of changing to the 'WC' logo, mainly to avoid IP issues with regards to the spiked ball. (Similar to the domain name change that took place). So already in process.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Lycos wrote:
Olaf the Stout wrote:What was the reason that the NAF changed the logo from the spiked ball to the spiked world? Just curious as I much prefer the old logo.
Hi Olaf,

The only reason the spiked globe was created was the World Cup. In the spring of 2007 we talked about having something unique for the WC and that is when it was created. We made T shirts, pencils and a metal coin (all numbered for uniqueness) that used the new logo. We wanted the branding to be something new.

As far as I am concerned, the spiked ball is still the official logo? I am open to be corrected but I have never known of a committee meeting or discussion where we purposely changed it. Perhaps it is a matter of personal taste, which is good enough for me.
This year's NAF dice feature the spiked globe, which is why I assumed that it was now the official logo.

Given Lycos is now ex-NAF and possibly out of the loop to some degree, can some from the NAF tell me what the official logo is?

If it is still the spiked ball, why is the spiked globe being used on the current NAF dice?