Looking for beta testers for a new bb team builder

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Looking for beta testers for a new bb team builder

Post by mzukerman »

I'm thinking on a grander scale here. If this app were to be widely accepted, you may want to build in the ability to create a tournament configuration script. So each tournament director would be able to create a set of instructions that are specific to their tournament and those can power the use of the tool. This is kind of done in Score already but it's at the tracking level, not roster management level.

What do people think?

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

mzukerman wrote:I'm thinking on a grander scale here. If this app were to be widely accepted, you may want to build in the ability to create a tournament configuration script. So each tournament director would be able to create a set of instructions that are specific to their tournament and those can power the use of the tool. This is kind of done in Score already but it's at the tracking level, not roster management level.

What do people think?
I think it'd be cool, but possibly too complex to implement for some of the packs I've seen. What would be very useful is a breakdown section on the roster printout, though, to make checking on the day faster;

Race
Total cost of roster + inducements
Total cost added skills
Total cost
Number singles
Number doubles
Number stats

I reckon that'd cover off most scenarios?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I'm now playing with the league format and I LOVE it!!! The thing is, there are two tools out there that not only do the team record keeping but also run the league itself: OBBLM (larger league) and Halfling Scribe (smaller league). Also the Aussies use Aros (as do some other leagues around the world) which is a paid product but really snazzy.

There are custom league rules that may be an issue here that you can handle in OBBLM, such as custom teams, star players, etc. Halfling Scribe gives those abilities as well. I think your real use case here is tournament play. I'll let Shteve0 comment on the league usage as he's the grand poobah.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by littlearmydesigner »

mzukerman wrote:I'm thinking on a grander scale here. If this app were to be widely accepted, you may want to build in the ability to create a tournament configuration script. So each tournament director would be able to create a set of instructions that are specific to their tournament and those can power the use of the tool. This is kind of done in Score already but it's at the tracking level, not roster management level.

What do people think?
Hello,
I think a future feature could be a tournament module where organizers may publish and define the applying rules in a quick way. Then, the players choose the tournament which they want to play and build their teams according to the defined rules.

As said by Shteve0, it might be too difficult to comply even to the most basic packs. But the idea is cool.

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Shteve0 wrote:What would be very useful is a breakdown section on the roster printout, though, to make checking on the day faster;

Race
Total cost of roster + inducements
Total cost added skills
Total cost
Number singles
Number doubles
Number stats
Hello
OK, not a problem to do

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Gaixo wrote:many tournaments allow people to "buy" skills, using either their general treasury or a separate budget.

Examples:
-1.2 million to buy your entire team, including skills at the usual rate.
-1 million to buy your team (players/RRs/staff), plus 150k for skills.

If those options could be added, it would be much more useful for tournaments.
Hello
The new release cover this scenario

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Love to try this out, care to send me the program, or a link?

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

JaM wrote:Love to try this out, care to send me the program, or a link?
url sent by PM

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Hello,

I wish to extend a special word of thanks to all beta testers who contributed to the project:
  • koadah
  • frogboy
  • Shteve0
  • ravyn
  • TalonBay
  • Pedda
  • mzukerman
  • Sainthropee
  • Casebolt
  • RoterSternHochdahl
  • JaM
Thanks to your suggestions, the tool has evolved since July, reaching hopefully a sufficient level of maturity to move on to the next step, ie make it available to all.

There are still a lot of options for tournament mode that can be added, but it will be gradual and over the requests.

Keep an eye on the forum for the very soon announcement of the "official" opening :)

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

hey!

In tournament mode, with extra skills, I tried to put more than one skill in the same player and it's not available. Could be that an option?

littlearmydesigner
Rookie
Rookie

Sainthropee wrote: In tournament mode, with extra skills, I tried to put more than one skill in the same player and it's not available. Could be that an option?
added to the to-do list