little snotlings

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

little snotlings

Post by bound for glory »

there are a fair few ogre teams out these days. they all look good to me.
but then there are the snots that go with them. :(
now, i'm not saying the various snots for these ogre teams arn't nice sculpts. far from it.
but i wonder why noone has captured the pure magic that is the original "little" snotlings(not to be confused with the 6 "bigger" snots that came a bit later)? mean to say, those 28 little bast*rds are awesome. i love them so much i not only bought a pack when they first came out, i bought 2 more packs(for the princely sum of $5usd each from a bring and buy at historicon at the dawn of 3rd ed, before they became retarded expensive :lol: ) just because.

we have multipulls of every team. why has'nt someone tried to make a new set of these beloved blood bowl figures?

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Re: little snotlings

Post by shaniepoo »

My Ogre team has a mix of both the BB snotlings and a large number of the old WFB snotlings. I will take some pics and post them on here.

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

See I would argue with Bound for Glory.

Both Greebo and Impact! have a series of the small guys in a variety of good poses.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

GalakStarscraper wrote:See I would argue with Bound for Glory.

Both Greebo and Impact! have a series of the small guys in a variety of good poses.

+1

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Ogre team with snots from Impact! for a while. The poses are pretty good, in my opinion.

Winning... it beats losing.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

well, i did'nt say the wer'nt good. i just wish they were more like the old little snots.

and YMMV, but while the snots "these days" are nice miniatures in their own right, i think few can argue that they don't have the same "magic" that the 28 tiny snots have to this day...

Rick Sanchez lives!
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

bound for glory wrote:well, i did'nt say the wer'nt good. i just wish they were more like the old little snots.

and YMMV, but while the snots "these days" are nice miniatures in their own right, i think few can argue that they don't have the same "magic" that the 28 tiny snots have to this day...

Oh, I totally understand what you're saying. I really like the old ones, too! I came across the wrong way in my last post. Not my intention to be argumentative. :-)

Really, most snotling minis, old or new, are pretty darn cool. There's just something about little tiny creatures strapping on some gear and playing a deadly sport that is ridiculously funny! Lol!

Winning... it beats losing.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

spot on, azman!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

i like the impact Snots and Ogres. i think thats where i got them from... i just love the big brutes running around and scoring yes i try to score with ogres its the way you should play them... once ya got them skilled up a little then give the little green buggers a go...

they have an interesting play style and i wish more people would play them... ogre style :D

Toenail
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Toenail »

Optimus Prime wrote:i like the impact Snots and Ogres. i think thats where i got them from... i just love the big brutes running around and scoring yes i try to score with ogres its the way you should play them... once ya got them skilled up a little then give the little green buggers a go...

they have an interesting play style and i wish more people would play them... ogre style :D
I love Snotlings in general.

For those of you who do, buy Warhammer 40k conquest Cardgame and the Zogwort's curse expansion.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

GalakStarscraper wrote:See I would argue with Bound for Glory.

the ones from Vortice miniatures are good as well :)