BB2 Full listof changes to crp

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: BB2 Full listof changes to crp

Post by dode74 »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Dode,
It's risk management. You can choose, or not choose, to top up the 70k from your 220k with 30k from your 150k or not. If you already know who your opponent is you know whether or not you will need it.
To me that sounds like Ben Brode of the Hearthstone devs explaining that for every random element they add, the game becomes more and more about skill, because only a skilled player can deal with all that randomness.
Then you're not listening. Read it again.
I have played under the PBBL Bank rule quite a bit, and in my experience, people just banked everything because you didn't know whether you'd be matched against an overdog (where you might have gotten the Cash for free anyway) or an underdog - where an available reserve might make sense, or might turn the underdogs inducements into far more severe inducements.
So people are conservative.
Either way, I unlocked the lizardmen/Wood elfs DLC yesterday, and stumbled on a PM from 18 months ago: And I'm now absolutely certain that Cyanide understood the primacy of the PBBL Bank rule.
Not sure what you mean there.
Plasmoids CRP+. [No, I don't enjoy speaking about myself in the 3rd person, but Dode has commanded that I call it so.]
I did no such thing anywhere.

Reason: ''
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

Yes you did. That particular derailment of probabltly the most inane and boring conversation I had ever read at talkfantasyfootball.com thread. Personally, I think Plasmoid should call it the "super official real LRB CRP rules for true Blood Bowl Fans+" because it sounds better that Plasmoid CRP+.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

How about Plasmoid CRaP?

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

legowarrior wrote:Yes you did. That particular derailment of probabltly the most inane and boring conversation I had ever read at talkfantasyfootball.com thread. Personally, I think Plasmoid should call it the "super official real LRB CRP rules for true Blood Bowl Fans+" because it sounds better that Plasmoid CRP+.
Quote me saying it somewhere. You can't, because I didn't. HE suggested it, not me: viewtopic.php?p=739906#p739906

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

@Dode - probably true, You suggested to rename them into something that made it clear that they were mine. I figured adding my name would make it sufficiently clear.

@Jimmy - well, if the rules are already affectionally known as CRaP, then Plasmoids CRaP does it for me. That said, if you want to fool around with letters, then I suggest the obvious spin in PCRP is PCP :o

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

plasmoid wrote:@Dode - probably true
This is what I mean by spin. I have NEVER used the phrase yet you state "Dode commanded that I call it so". That's blatantly false. What I said about not saying it is beyond "probably true" and into "backed up by evidence".

legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

dode74 wrote:
plasmoid wrote:@Dode - probably true
This is what I mean by spin. I have NEVER used the phrase yet you state "Dode commanded that I call it so". That's blatantly false. What I said about not saying it is beyond "probably true" and into "backed up by evidence".
That's not spin. You are right, you didn't decide which name to use, but you pressured Plasmoid into changing it, and kept harping about it and how it should be in no way confused with CRP, because of reasons. All this despite the fact that no one was confused by it, especially if they actual looked at the site. You were just looking for a problem that didn't exist.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Plasmoid changed the name back to CRP+ because it sounds better, but he is a nice guy who for some reasons values to the opinions of others.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

legowarrior wrote:You were just looking for a problem that didn't exist.
I'm still not sure if Cyanide wasn't having that problem.
Anyway, the fact is, as you can see in all those threads Plasmoids rules are being discussed, one thing happened for sure: They are splitting the community!
And that is never a good thing to happen, is it?

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Hang on: Is the community splitting over discussion over Plasmoid`s rules? I think not.

Also: If everyone now could move past discusing the name CRP+ that would be awesome, imo.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

straume wrote:
Also: If everyone now could move past discusing the name CRP+ that would be awesome, imo.

Enthusiastic thumbs up! This thread has gone waaaaaay off topic and has dragged out long enough. I'm sick of checking to see if there's any new, worthwhile discussion and it's the same old bullshit*t by the same people. They really should take it to PMs.... Seriously... :evil: :evil:

Just saying.....

Winning... it beats losing.
Hackenslash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hackenslash »

^^^^ love this post.

Regash

Post by Regash »

straume wrote:Hang on: Is the community splitting over discussion over Plasmoid`s rules? I think not.
I do.
Half of them like them and cheer for Cyanide to pick them up.
Half of them see them as simple house rules and are furious about the half-official state they seem to have.

Anyway, back to topic.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Regash wrote:
straume wrote:Hang on: Is the community splitting over discussion over Plasmoid`s rules? I think not.
I do.
Half of them like them and cheer for Cyanide to pick them up.
Half of them see them as simple house rules and are furious about the half-official state they seem to have.

Anyway, back to topic.
And the other 87% just carry on just as they always have.

It bit of arguing on the forums is not the end of the world. It is what forums are for.

Anyway. Who says Cyanide should pick them up? Who considers them half-official?

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

Now that they're available, are Lizardmen and Wood Elves at all different to CRP?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

No.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler