BB2 Full listof changes to crp

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Re: BB2 Full listof changes to crp

Post by birdman37 »

The latest patch re-includes the highly sought-after Pass Block skill!

Although, rumour has it that it's just an empty icon that does nothing, because although Cyanide have noted all the on-line hissy fits about its absence, they're not expecting anyone to actually take it. ;)

Reason: ''
fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

BB2 Full listof changes to crp

Post by fanglord13 »

The bank rule is poor game design. It is unnecessarily complicated and disadvantages teams that rely on treasury or can't spend it all such as Halflings. The KISS rule really should have been applied.

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

plasmoid wrote:I'm not exactly sure who put forward those advantages that you mention.
Lets see..
GalakStarscraper wrote:Since everything is already fixed for prices ... there is no issue with the Petty Cash ... adding to TV and messing with it during the Pre-Game. With the Bank rules what TV you ended your last game with is the TV you'll be playing this game at.
He's right, it would be an advantage to have TV not be buggered around with during the pre-match sequence.. especially when we're talking about the underdog.

Who said it was about improving balance? Many people have claimed it over the past few years during discussions about the inability of squishy teams to maintain a high TV versus the ability of bashy teams to do so... in fact, you yourself say:
plasmoid wrote:Part of the bash slant in CRP is that some of the heaviest and bashiest teams can stay above the cap for very long periods of time - and they do that by going in with massive treasuries. The Bank rule was and is intended to prevent that.
And that's just crap. The reason bashy teams can maintain high TVs isn't that they have a large treasury, its that they don't lose players and thus lose TV at the same rate that less robust teams do... and their players cost less, so even if they lose some, and even if they're suffering from spiraling expenses, it takes less time at a lower TV to afford replacements.

Bashy teams have a large treasury BECAUSE they don't take a lot of losses and thus can hoard gold for longer... it's not that they can maintain their TV because they have a large treasury.
plasmoid wrote:But most squishy teams - especially those with expensive linemen - rarely reach a 150K treasury anyway, because they need to replace (expensive) players.
Oh, is that your excuse? You just think the less robust teams won't reach the cap because they spend so much time in tatters? What if they manage to avoid it? Well, no worries, they can be held down by the bank rule until the truth mirrors your theory!
plasmoid wrote:Yes, the PBBL version is in that regard simpler than my version. And to you and other, that makes it better. All good.
Seriously, have you made little puppets of forum users that you use to act out conversations with yourself while offline? It seems pretty routine for you to make wild claims about what other people have said when they've never said anything of the sort. Please keep your real/puppet conversations straight when replying.

It's not about "simple" it's about "makes any sense at all". Your bank rule is nonsensical and pointless. If anything it's you who has advocated that the simplicity of your rule makes it better than Galak's rule that requires a rigid division of post match and pre match actions. His, at least, had *some* defensible meaning.
Jimmy Fantastic wrote:How about Plasmoid CRaP?
I've been referring to "NTBB" by that name for quite some time, though always in lowercase. My vote is for this.

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Oh well, I tried... :P

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

birdman37 wrote:The latest patch re-includes the highly sought-after Pass Block skill!

Although, rumour has it that it's just an empty icon that does nothing, because although Cyanide have noted all the on-line hissy fits about its absence, they're not expecting anyone to actually take it. ;)
Ha.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Dode,
let's wrap this up :D
Then you're not listening. Read it again.
I did. And I'm still surprised that you manage to make it sound like choosing/guessing without having all the information available is more tactical than making a decision with the facts.
But fair enough, I agree that if, say, you'd play BB without knowing the skills of the opposing players, then it would add "an extra layer of tactics". I just don't agree that it is a particularly appealing layer.
So people are conservative.
Or maybe they're just rational.
It's pay to play if you top off with your own Cash, and as I explained, there are many ways that it can backfire.
And even if it didn't, you might still end up wishing you had hung onto your full 150K by the end of the game.
Which leads to burning Cash more than dipping into treasury.
Which may be good, bad or neutral, depending on preference.
I did no such thing anywhere.
Sorry if I offended you.
But my comment was about "talking about myself in the 3rd person" - and you did suggest in the other thread (page 27) that I should call it something with my name in it.
So no - you did not ask me to call it Plasmoids CRP+.
But you did ask me to use my name, which makes it rather awkward for me to talk/write about it.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Mike,
I don't agree with your analysis of my Bank rule.
it would be an advantage to have TV not be buggered around with during the pre-match sequence
I think it is easy to complain about complexity. The fact is that this has been the rules for the past 5 years and I'm not on a mission to simplify the rules.
And that's just crap. The reason bashy teams can maintain high TVs isn't that they have a large treasury, its that they don't lose players and thus lose TV at the same rate that less robust teams do... and their players cost less, so even if they lose some, and even if they're suffering from spiraling expenses, it takes less time at a lower TV to afford replacements.
Doesn't really change what I said.
Sure, the teams you describe can build both a team and a gold hoard.
The Bank rule is in place to keep them from staying at high TV too long.
At TV 2350 Spiralling Expenses are quite severe. Even more so at TV 2500.
At this point a big team will have a hard time earning Money. Not only that, buyt SE's dig into treasury, so your treasury will slowly whittle away - but it makes a huge difference whether it is 150K or 500K (or more) that is slowly whittling away.

With a 150K Bank, you'll find yourself at 0 gold sooner.
And let's not forget that at high TV, you're increasingly likely to meet a(nother) Clawed Chaos/Nurgle team, so you'll need to replace players soon enough. Even if you're bashy yourself. So you'll have to come down for gold.
Oh, is that your excuse? You just think the less robust teams won't reach the cap because they spend so much time in tatters? What if they manage to avoid it? Well, no worries, they can be held down by the bank rule until the truth mirrors your theory!
It's not an excuse.
Quite frankly, I don't think an Elf team with a 150K treasury on top of a full team can be said to be "in tatters". That's wildly out of proportion.
I don't think Elves have anything to whine about.
But if they did, I'd remind them that in a TV-matched environment, they can stack 40K on top of the 150K without triggering any inducements. And they get the winnings for the game. So what's that - a margin of around 230K?

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Bank?

I'd just apply a TV and cash cap at the start of each season if needed.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Any idea why they changed the star players' names? The prime examples being Headsplitter becoming "Big Rat" and Hemlock becoming "Arsenic." There are probably others (they dropped everyone's second name), but those are the ones I've encountered.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Silibili went from Slibli to Slib.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Thanks for putting this together. I haven't played in 4+ years and some of these things I was confused about...

Deacon.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deacon. »

I've read/heard a lot about chain pushing, both in regards to getting an extra first block and also in getting those extra squares for 1-2 move TDs. Does grab not interact in the same way in BB2? or am I not understanding chain pushing correctly. It seems as though I am only able to use grab skill to push a player into an unused square.

Edited for clarification.

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Chain pushing only works when all possible push back squares contain a player (or are located off the pitch). Using grab increases the number of potential pushback squares to 7 and if there is an empty square the player pushed back must go there.

Having never played BB2 i have no idea if grab can be turned off or not, but it can in BB1.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Itchen Masack wrote:Having never played BB2 i have no idea if grab can be turned off or not, but it can in BB1.
Most skills are not optional in BB2 - they made a "design decision" to remove the choice to speed game play. Only one I can think of off the top of my head that is optional is Dodge if you're pushed when within 2 squares of the sidelines.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Piling On is optional too... on fouls!