Pro Elf starting team

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toenail
Rookie
Rookie

Pro Elf starting team

Post by Toenail »

Are pro elves a good choice for starting team? Because I really like them. I am new to this game.

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Pro Elf starting team

Post by rolo »

They're a great choice, lots of fun. Just don't get too attached to any of the players!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Pro Elves are super fun in a league. You need a little luck in the very beginning - otherwise the first phase of development can be tough but it is well worth it.

For a beginner other teams may be more rewarding though. Dark Elves and High Elves are a little more forgiving due to AV8

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

They are a great fun team. Have a read of the playbook - http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

yep a good laugh. they were my second team. catchers are basically the best catchers in the game and the throwers are very good and only High elf catchers are better really. Side Step on the blitzers means they are good on the edges of the pitch as it is hard to crowd surf them. But the team lacks dodge and only the blitzers get block. This means, as others have said above, they are squishy early on in a league. they get bashed up easily until you have been able to get them all a first skill or 2. Once you have a bit of dodge running through the team or some block then they are great fun. The big problem is skilling up your linemen. Your catchers will score lots and your thrower will get completions. Your blitzers are also good for scoring and may even get a few cas SPP's but your linemen take ages to skill up and often die in the process. the trick is to get your linemen to score a bit if you can. Not easy to do but give it a go if you can.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Toffer wrote:yep a good laugh. they were my second team. catchers are basically the best catchers in the game and the throwers are very good and only High elf catchers are better really.
Your sentence is not logical, first you say the Elf Catchers are the best in the game, then you say only High Elf Catchers are better.
If the Pro Elf Catchers are the best in the game then the HE Catchers can't be better than them.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I think he meant High Elf throwers are better. Which is true, but the Pro Elf thrower is a pretty good value at 70k.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

rolo wrote:I think he meant High Elf throwers are better. Which is true, but the Pro Elf thrower is a pretty good value at 70k.
Wood Elf Throwers are better than Pro Elf Throwers, MA 7 is better than 6.

cdwat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cdwat »

It was a typo, he meant High Elf Thrower.
Also, he was saying that High Elf Throwers are better than Pro-Elf Throwers (Safe throw comes in handy if you want to throw often).

In summary:
Best thrower - High Elf
Best catcher - Pro Elf

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Now it makes sense. :D

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

but all thrower are "useless": as passing game is always too risky even for elves.

even for high elves and woodelves (the 2 teams having the best thrower), it's better to have one more catcher (as runner), than a thrower.

Zagadoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zagadoo »

MattDakka wrote:
rolo wrote:I think he meant High Elf throwers are better. Which is true, but the Pro Elf thrower is a pretty good value at 70k.
I wouldn't say that a WE thrower is better than a PE thrower. He's faster, but he is also more expensive. It's a pretty even balance between the two.

Zagadoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zagadoo »

Toenail wrote:Are pro elves a good choice for starting team? Because I really like them. I am new to this game.
I found the pro elves to be a lot of fun. The first season was pretty rough, but by the next season I won the league championship. It's probably "better" to play a running game with them, but it is less fun. Get Strong Arm and Accurate on a thrower and air it out, you'll enjoy it. (even if you don't win)

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Zagadoo wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
I wouldn't say that a WE thrower is better than a PE thrower. He's faster, but he is also more expensive. It's a pretty even balance between the two.
Cheaper but not better.
MA 7 reduces the passing distance and makes stalling easier.

Zagadoo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Zagadoo »

[/quote]I wouldn't say that a WE thrower is better than a PE thrower. He's faster, but he is also more expensive. It's a pretty even balance between the two.[/quote]
Cheaper but not better.
MA 7 reduces the passing distance and makes stalling easier.[/quote]

Didn't say better, implied not worse. Those things are true about the player, but the reduction of passing distance and stalling ease that it provides is not worth more than 20k TV to me.