BB2 Campaign

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jural
Legend
Legend

BB2 Campaign

Post by Jural »

So I completed the Campaign in BB2... and I have to say I actually enjoyed it.

A couple weeks ago some of my friends were discussing whether it would be worth it to buy BB2 if it was heavily discounted down to $5 or $10. I wasn't sure, but I guess I would say the campaign was worth $5, and I've been able to get in around 10-20 games with live people, and that was worth ~$5... so $10 seems like it wouldn't be crazy.

Now... $50 + $6/team? I can't recommend that to anyone who isn't swimming in cash. But at least I will say it's not valueless?

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: BB2 Campaign

Post by Regash »

Jural wrote:$50 + $6/team?
And that is the point!
There are at least 24, more or less, official teams, adding Brettonians makes 25 and at least Khorne will join again, making 26.
26 teams minus the 8 in the game means 18 teams to buy. 18 x $ 6,-= $ 108,-! So a complete BB2 will cost you around $ 160,-!

There has been a time when you've read a review of a game, sentences like "with 4 hours playtime way to short" or "18 hours of fun".
Yep, content did matter way back in time.
That changed completely when companies thought of a new way to make more money:
Make the game, slice it up, sell each slice by itself.

Is there a way of going against this?
Yes, there is. Every potential customer has the power to hurt them the most by keeping the wallet closed.
Don't buy that crap! But todays customers are house trained and throw their money at everything.
Let's be honest, a full price game that, a month after release, is still not bug free and, even worse, is even worse than BB1, that's not fair.
It's like buying a new car and when you go to pick it up, they're telling you that it doesn't start but you can sit in it! They hope to get the engine fixed soon and, guess what, the tires will also be delivered some time later, but, unfortunatelly, they have to charge you extra for them.

I will buy BB2 when I find it in a sale, no more than $ 10,- as a special package with all teams included.
Yes I am a nerd. But I am not an idiot!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Regash wrote:stuff
Completely agree :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Regash wrote:
Jural wrote:$50 + $6/team?
And that is the point!
... So a complete BB2 will cost you around $ 160,-!
...I will buy BB2 when I find it in a sale, no more than $ 10
Honestly speaking, if all the teams had been in from the beginning I'd have no problem with $50. Not a lot of local leagues here and it's easier to play online with my PS4 given my current PC state.

Would I think it was a wise investment? No, not really. But I wouldn't mind spending.

Luckily I was able to get around paying for it at all ;) And I will say it's worth the harddrive space... Also, this surprised me.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Jural wrote:if all the teams had been in from the beginning I'd have no problem with $50
Me neither.
But there is a reason I'd rather have brain surgery in a third world country by a blind guy than spending that much money on BB2.
The reason is, I basically paid for BB1 three times already, meaning BB, BB:LE and BB:CE.
Am I gonna spend another games worth of dimes on a game that will clearly make me buy extra stuff? (aside from being buggy and having unnecessary and weird rule changes)
Your guess...

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Bought it, did a review with the errors/changes/bugs listed, asked for refund...

Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Once you finish the campaign with humans can you go through it again with another race?

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

No :(