What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What's your favourite BB team?

Amazon
No votes
Chaos
2%
Chaos Dwarf
3%
Chaos Pact
1%
Dark Elf
13%
Dwarf
4%
Elf
4%
Goblin
10%
Halfling
8%
High Elf
3%
Human
4%
Khemri
2%
Lizardman
2%
Necromantic
4%
Norse
5%
Nurgle
2%
Ogre
2%
Orc
6%
Skaven
11%
Slann
1%
Undead
4%
Underworld
3%
Vampire
2%
Wood Elf
4%

Total votes: 128

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

Post by Baduk »

#3 spot goes to Khemri because uh... dunno! I just like them!

Then there's a tie between Skaven and Necromantic. I went with Necromantic because that's that I've been playing most. Now playing Skaven and Nurgle through PBEM so that might change again.

Skaven for everything mentioned by others already.
Necromantic because I like sticking zombies against important players of the other team, drawing them away from the action. Flesh Golems are fun with SF, messing up your opponent's plans and providing some stability to your play once they get Block and Guard. They only get more fun with other skills (Mighty Blow, Grab and Tackle). The Wights and Ghouls are reasonable players, filling different roles depending on their skills but useful from the start. The Ghouls are good to draw attention away (OMG AV7 MUST KILL) from the real stars the Werewolves. The wolves are hard to control at first with Frenzy but with A-access and their high mobility give you lots of options and headaches to your opponents. Building a bench is a good thing to do (in a League that is), as against bash you'll suffer soem casualties, and against all teams you'll see some zombies get send off (dirty players yay).

Maybe Skaven would win for me if I were a better coach, but all that AV7 is punishing me too hard. Then again, I like Elves too....

Reason: ''
Electric Wizard
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Electric Wizard »

Goblins all the way. Make other guys die, see your own guys die. Get a ton of inducements. Foul every turn. Drive your opponent crazy with your Special Play Cards. But most of all: Play carelessly and have loads of fun. :)

Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stig »

Tentacles, foul appearance, disturbing presence, horns, underpowered so a win feels like an achievement; opponents looking helpless if it works out; brilliantly designed roster&skills; #1 best painting/modelling opportunities...gooey playstyle that really matches the fluff...NURGLE all the way!

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Although I have a love for Orcs (probably because it was my first exposure to WFB) I must say my favourite team in Blood Bowl was the 2nd edition Werewolf team.

Starting each half with a pitch full of players rolling on the ground tranforming was pure fun. And then the special rules such as if you injured an Undead you would go and bury the bone were pure gold.

Not sure how to vote as it isn't on the list... haha

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

My favorite team is Goblins; just because I like the secret weapons.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
cjblackburn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cjblackburn »

Ogres obviously.

There is something truly poetic about my opponents trying to hunt down my DP snot whilst my Ogres just dodge into a sideline half cage for the surf.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Vampires- although Lizardmen make a close second. And I've yet to try out a few of them that look like great fun.

I started up a Vampire team back when they were first introduced to the game. In those days, the roster let you have twelve vampires, and their nega-trait was that they'd only show up on the pitch half the time. Added to that, you got the hands down best player ever in the Vampire Lord, I had a team of outnumbered super humans.

I still play them, and although I miss my vampire lord, I do feel that the team is fantastic. As long as you invest in re-rolls and not in too many vampires.

They're especially fun because people expect the team to just utterly fail on its own. And hypnotizing your way into a box is just golden.

Among the other teams from way back when- the Minotaurs were a great bunch.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

odinsgrandson wrote:Vampires- although Lizardmen make a close second. And I've yet to try out a few of them that look like great fun.

I started up a Vampire team back when they were first introduced to the game. In those days, the roster let you have twelve vampires, and their nega-trait was that they'd only show up on the pitch half the time. Added to that, you got the hands down best player ever in the Vampire Lord, I had a team of outnumbered super humans.

I still play them, and although I miss my vampire lord, I do feel that the team is fantastic. As long as you invest in re-rolls and not in too many vampires.

They're especially fun because people expect the team to just utterly fail on its own. And hypnotizing your way into a box is just golden.

Among the other teams from way back when- the Minotaurs were a great bunch.
Happy to see Vampires finally get a vote. :D

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Vampires ... they're capable of some amazing stuff, when everything is working, it looks easy.

But, I've played Goblins ... I've played a rookie Chaos team where all the skilled players kept dying ... I've played Khemri in a league where Tomb Guards keep dying and/or missing games ... and I've never been so frustrated as I was when I played Vampires for a season. What kills me is that Vampires always seem just ... so ... close ... to pulling off that perfect play. But the lack of core skills kills them, I think even more so than Bloodthirst. Bloodthirst can be managed. Having to burn a reroll on that first block and then looking at 8 more die rolls that turn, can't be managed. Sure, Vampire teams often buy 4+ rerolls to start. But they also roll WAY more dice than any other team in the game, and you can still only use one reroll per turn. One-in-six doesn't look so good when you're rolling that many dice.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I can't believe that there are no Amazon fans about here.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Raveen wrote:I can't believe that there are no Amazon fans about here.
There are. People are just afraid to admit it. :lol:

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Raveen wrote:I can't believe that there are no Amazon fans about here.
I like playing Amazons and think they're a seriously underrated team. But I enjoy playing Dark Elves more, which is why I voted for them ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Undead for me.
They were the first team I played, using the paper phys reps from the first edition box, and the first team I bought in the metal. The Undead team I use today are those same, lead, models.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

rolo wrote:Vampires ... they're capable of some amazing stuff, when everything is working, it looks easy.

But, I've played Goblins ... I've played a rookie Chaos team where all the skilled players kept dying ... I've played Khemri in a league where Tomb Guards keep dying and/or missing games ... and I've never been so frustrated as I was when I played Vampires for a season. What kills me is that Vampires always seem just ... so ... close ... to pulling off that perfect play. But the lack of core skills kills them, I think even more so than Bloodthirst. Bloodthirst can be managed. Having to burn a reroll on that first block and then looking at 8 more die rolls that turn, can't be managed. Sure, Vampire teams often buy 4+ rerolls to start. But they also roll WAY more dice than any other team in the game, and you can still only use one reroll per turn. One-in-six doesn't look so good when you're rolling that many dice.

Yeah- last time our league started up, people were all looking at me like I was crazy to start up Vampires with 5 re-rolls.

I get that people like to have the core skills around, but having +1 to your stat has always been better in my mind. Statistically- +1 to the die roll gives you about the same odds as the re-roll, but there's still the possibility of using a team re-roll.

But the real secret to Vampires is that you probably only ever want three Vamps on the field at a time. Four is pushing it, and two will still win you games. And just accept that sometimes your precious plans will go awry.

I once tried out a team with a bunch of vamps- I think it was five. It was just for a one-off match, and the game was pretty hilarious to watch the team implode on itself.