What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What's your favourite BB team?

Amazon
No votes
Chaos
2%
Chaos Dwarf
3%
Chaos Pact
1%
Dark Elf
13%
Dwarf
4%
Elf
4%
Goblin
10%
Halfling
8%
High Elf
3%
Human
4%
Khemri
2%
Lizardman
2%
Necromantic
4%
Norse
5%
Nurgle
2%
Ogre
2%
Orc
6%
Skaven
11%
Slann
1%
Undead
4%
Underworld
3%
Vampire
2%
Wood Elf
4%

Total votes: 128

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I'm the guy who voted Khemri :)

Whilst I've played Orcs, Humans, Necro, Dark Elf, Chaos Dwarf and currently Halfling, Khemri were my favourites. There's enough challenge and frustration that you get a real sense of reward when you start achieving something, but unlike stunty teams you always have a chance :)

Obviously the Tomb Guradians are the best reason to play Khemri and there's nothing so intimidating to an opponent as a line of 4 St5 Guard, Mighty Blow monsters a couple of squares back from the LoS. Blitz-Ras are fairly good too (although expensive) and between them and the guardians you have a hell of a good hitting force.

Skeletons aren't bad either, I was expecting them to be far more fragile than they are. For line fodder and fouling they're awesome (in our league the third best blocker in terms of causing armour breaks by blocking is a Skeleton who go DP in his first season and block in his third!).

Thro-Ras are crap. But you need them for Sure hands and Ma6. But they die and it hurts because they tend to pick up SPPs better than almost anyone else. They do educate you on what Ag2 can do and how you deal with inevitable failure though.

In short, play Khemri because hitting is fun and picking up the ball is overrated :)

Reason: ''
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Voted Chaos Pact, in the end. I love 3 big guys, and a DE to handle the ball, and etc. etc. Could do without the normal access to P though, but hey. :)

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Voted for Norse. I very comfortable playing with them. I also play with Necro and DE. Playing Slann was a challenge last year in my TT league.

In 2016 I'll play some tournament with Ogre/Goblins, so the stunties are my new challenge.

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

I voted Dark Elf, but honestly Chaos Dwarf, Chaos Pact, Slann, and Vampire are all basically tied for me... Those 5 teams are just the most fun in Blood Bowl for me, honorable mention though to the (new) Norse, Undead, Lizardmen, Pro Elf, and Goblins...

honestly a lot of fun teams in Blood Bowl (just not Blood Bowl 2, lol... they have 2 of my favorite 10... and one costs extra!)

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

howlinggriffon wrote:Playing them really does teach you the importance of positioning. Getting a win with them feels like an achievement.
Agree but using Goblins. The same but with chainsaws on the field!? Who could resist it???

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i like chaos teams. its what i play alot in our leagues.
why? nothing to do with winning, as i don't do much of that :D i just like the idea of a bunch of evil dudes and their beastmen friends showing up in some town to play a game.
crashing at some hotel/inn, running up a big tab for food and drink, maybe a whore or 2. getting into some fights with locals...
yeah. chaos.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

bound for glory wrote:i like chaos teams. its what i play alot in our leagues.
why? nothing to do with winning, as i don't do much of that :D i just like the idea of a bunch of evil dudes and their beastmen friends showing up in some town to play a game.
crashing at some hotel/inn, running up a big tab for food and drink, maybe a whore or 2. getting into some fights with locals...
yeah. chaos.
I like Chaos Pact for the same reason... although I suppose the idea of an Ogre, Vampire, Halfling or Nurgle team showing up and doing their own sorts of damage (for halfings, to the larder) are all pretty hilarious.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

GOBLINS.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Really Chance? That comes as a massive surprise... :P

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

I voted Skaven, but Necro are about 0.00001 points behind them.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Back in the 2nd and 3rd edition days I used to play Dwarfs as they were my WHFB army.

But when I started playing a lot in lrb4 I decided to play all the 441 possible match ups available and found that by far I enjoyed using Undead the most. I like that they have a lot of flexibility, being mostly a slow bashing team but also having some faster players that let them play ball on occasion. The mass regen helps keep them in the game even when getting beaten up by stronger bash teams.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

SunDevil wrote:GOBLINS.
+1

Anyone who has played me knows it's about the game not the win.... However every once in a while you get that "perfect storm" with the lil guys and as long as your opponent is gracious (as most are) it's a thing of beauty...

NAFC last year 4-0 against Necro.
WCIII 3-1 against Dark Elves.

RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by RogueThirteen »

This is the data that GW's going to use when deciding which 18 teams to axe when they re-release BB.

;)

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

RogueThirteen wrote:This is the data that GW's going to use when deciding which 18 teams to axe when they re-release BB.

;)
Well that would be a first.... GW listening to anyone! :wink:

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Dirty player Hobgoblins are the best! :orc:

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."