What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

What's your favourite BB team?

Amazon
No votes
Chaos
2%
Chaos Dwarf
3%
Chaos Pact
1%
Dark Elf
13%
Dwarf
4%
Elf
4%
Goblin
10%
Halfling
8%
High Elf
3%
Human
4%
Khemri
2%
Lizardman
2%
Necromantic
4%
Norse
5%
Nurgle
2%
Ogre
2%
Orc
6%
Skaven
11%
Slann
1%
Undead
4%
Underworld
3%
Vampire
2%
Wood Elf
4%

Total votes: 128

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

Post by el Superbeasto »

Ok, I'm curious. What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl? And - if you can be bothered - why?

I'm not asking about, what team you think is strongest or best, but what team you like the most.

I personally vote Skaven. Skaven was the first team I ever played (back around 1994) and I've had a love for them ever since. I like high speed and agility teams (don't care much for bashing) and skaven obviously have that. However, unlike elfs, skaven only have AG4 on their gutter runners which makes their agility play more challenging. The low overall armour makes for another challenge and basically the team doesn't excel in anything except for speed.
The possibility of mutations on players - but only on doubles - make for very interesting combos and thus, different skaven teams tend to develop very differently. Another charming feature in my opinion.
Finally, I love that skaven on a good day can beat any team 5-0 - but on a bad day have their whole team cleared from the pitch. :lol:

Reason: ''
My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
JaM
Legend
Legend

Re: What’s your all-time favourite team/race in Blood Bowl?

Post by JaM »

Havent voted (yet), but totally agree on the Skaven. Same for me: first team I played (also around 94/95 I think), and all the other reasons you mentioned.
Although I do like to bash now and then, espescially vs A(U)I :lol: .

For me the choice will be between 3 teams: Chaos Pact, Underworld and Skaven. I'll ponder a bit about this I guess. :D

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Easy choice for me - it's the team I've used in tournaments and leagues more than any other. Halflings!

Playing them really does teach you the importance of positioning. Getting a win with them feels like an achievement.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

howlinggriffon wrote:Easy choice for me - it's the team I've used in tournaments and leagues more than any other. Halflings!

Playing them really does teach you the importance of positioning. Getting a win with them feels like an achievement.
I second halflings

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

My first team was Orcs, and I find myself always going back to them. They're probably my favorite bash team overall. I like that the game plan is simple, the playstyle is straightforward but in the end a bit limited - if the bash game doesn't work, or they start to get outnumbered, there really isn't much in the way of Plan B.

And that's what I love about the team which I'll use to answer this question - the Dark Elves. They are always challenging and fun to play. No team switches gears better. Dark Elves can win an ugly 1-0 punchup one week, a 5-4 shootout the next. They're a team which really rewards planning and playing to your opponent's weaknesses - there is always going to be *something* that you do better than your opponent. And there's no better feeling than taking down an opponent who looked far superior on paper. Even if it was blind luck, it *feels* like you're a great coach when you win with Dark Elves.

Of course, sometimes it gets irritating losing expensive players. Then I play a few games with Orcs until I feel better. But my answer to this post is officially Dark Elves ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

rolo wrote:My first team was Orcs, and I find myself always going back to them. They're probably my favorite bash team overall. I like that the game plan is simple, the playstyle is straightforward but in the end a bit limited - if the bash game doesn't work, or they start to get outnumbered, there really isn't much in the way of Plan B.

And that's what I love about the team which I'll use to answer this question - the Dark Elves. They are always challenging and fun to play. No team switches gears better. Dark Elves can win an ugly 1-0 punchup one week, a 5-4 shootout the next. They're a team which really rewards planning and playing to your opponent's weaknesses - there is always going to be *something* that you do better than your opponent. And there's no better feeling than taking down an opponent who looked far superior on paper. Even if it was blind luck, it *feels* like you're a great coach when you win with Dark Elves.

Of course, sometimes it gets irritating losing expensive players. Then I play a few games with Orcs until I feel better. But my answer to this post is officially Dark Elves ;)
Very much agree with you on the Dark Elves. My main problem with them is that I'd really like to start the team at TV1130. :lol:
PS: Don't forget to vote. :wink:

My sales thread:
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

My first team was Undead.
That team has access to both ST and AG skills. Something I really like in THird Ed was that Wights had only G access. You got some unique blitzers then.

Despite all this, Flings are the ones I've had more fun with.
Even losing can feel like a win if you force the opp to actually take you seriously. And when you win.... well, it's allways epic.

The fact that they actually suck at everything they do(yes even dodging, only not to the same degree) makes them the BB eqvivalent of II on XCOM or Hard on FTL. And that is highly entertaining for me.

Regash

Post by Regash »

I love Ors!
But Norse seem to suite me a little better, so I voted for them.

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Pedda wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote:Easy choice for me - it's the team I've used in tournaments and leagues more than any other. Halflings!

I second halflings
My favorite is Halfling. So much fun to play. You can play:
1. Bash with the trees and roving halfling hit squads.

Or

2. Dash with the one-turn scoring or 'fling - fling at your opponents cage or distant player.

The look on your opponent's face as you wreck their "easy" victory is always worth it.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

I have to say Humans. Ever since 2nd ED. I've had a soft spot. I liked when they used to have ST. 4 Blockers in 2nd ED. and I like that they can have four Blitzers ever since. I can outrun and avoid Dwarfs, Nurgle, etc. when I need to and I can smack around Gobbos, Halflings, Wood Elves, etc when I need to.

A close second is a tie between Dark/High Elves. They're both awesome.

Winning... it beats losing.
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

For a long time it was Chaos. I loved the fact that I could start with a blank slate but still have the flexibility that virtually any player could be an effective blitzer. Oh and the access to mutations was beautiful as well. But then I saw that many people playing it just went for killer builds as opposed to anything more unique.

Since then I've gravitated to Wood Elves. They do what they do oh so well. And Wardancers are just so awesome. It's the one team that no cage is safe from.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Chaos is my all time favorite...

So many flavours to choose from.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

mzukerman wrote:It's the one team that no cage is safe from.

Sad Frog gets no respect ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

rolo wrote:
mzukerman wrote:It's the one team that no cage is safe from.

Sad Frog gets no respect ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

My sales thread:
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Overall? Impossible...

I tend to say skaven because of the 2nd ed models, the fantastic meeting of fluff and on pitch style (fast and die young), and background/theme. Lizards come a close second for the extreme player types and Crocidile team models.

Play wise I like Undead, especially for new players, as it gives a chance to play all the positional types so is a good learning team.

Nostalga wise Khemri in honour of my first 2nd ed team - skellies from the skeleton army box set!