NAF Presidential Election

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

NAF Presidential Election

Post by sann0638 »

Voting time! All the details here: http://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/presidential-election/

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: NAF Presidential Election

Post by Heff »

Not voting for you if you introduce a no swearing policy, largely because I would be unable to talk.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Heff wrote:Not voting for you if you introduce a no swearing policy, largely because I would be unable to talk about dwarves.
Fixed ;)

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

Heff wrote:Not voting for you if you introduce a no swearing policy, largely because I would be unable to talk.
You just won him my vote, for sure.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Opening statements have been posted, Q&A has started: http://member.thenaf.net/index.php?name ... forum&f=13

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Private area.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Steam Ball wrote:Private area.
You need to log in. And if you can't login because you aren't a NAF member, that's kind of the point.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

They have been put in a pdf too, but mine currently has some formatting issues: http://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/naf-presi ... s-started/

I have put mine on my personal website too: http://www.sann0638.co.uk/presidential-statement/

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

lunchmoney wrote:
You need to log in. And if you can't login because you aren't a NAF member, that's kind of the point.
So they are not interested in reaching others and convince them to join NAF? I hope it was not the point but an silly error.
sann0638 wrote:They have been put in a pdf too, but mine currently has some formatting issues: http://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/naf-presi ... s-started/
Thanks.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Steam Ball wrote: So they are not interested in reaching others and convince them to join NAF? I hope it was not the point but an silly error.
Historically the statements have not been posted outside the NAF forum at all, so not a silly error. The NAF does do quite a lot of reaching out though, in fairness. Just not necessarily at election time!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Steam Ball wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:
So they are not interested in reaching others and convince them to join NAF? I hope it was not the point but an silly error.
sann0638 wrote:They have been put in a pdf too, but mine currently has some formatting issues: http://www.thenaf.net/2015/12/naf-presi ... s-started/
Thanks.
I think the point at the moment is that this is members of the NAF voting for their new president. As Mike states, the NAF do seem to be attempting to reach out to people more nowadays, however this is more about those members of the NAF who are interested (which I'm guessing the NAF would like to be all members) choosing a new leader

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

mawph wrote:I think the point at the moment is that this is members of the NAF voting for their new president. As Mike states, the NAF do seem to be attempting to reach out to people more nowadays, however this is more about those members of the NAF who are interested (which I'm guessing the NAF would like to be all members) choosing a new leader
Let's focus it from another angle: is there any real reason to keep it private? Some über secret thing that has to be secret to work? Because at first (later solved in part by the blog post), for BB players outside NAF, attitude looked like "first join then we will show you how this could go in the future". What is more, can people vote if they join now or only those that joined before a given past day?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

You can join now and vote. I've just signed up 500 of my closest friends... ;)

No reason to keep it secret imo, which is why I asked for the opening statements to be on the main page. But it's always just been done on the forum, and there was no big push to change that.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Formally speaking it is a club internal discussion. Does your local fishing club or the national football association provide you with this kind of information if you are not a member?

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

sann0638 wrote:You can join now and vote. I've just signed up 500 of my closest friends... ;)
Waaaaaaaaait just a minute!!

Let's look at some facts here!

We know that NAF Elections have an embarrassingly low turnout. Last time, all of 308 coaches voted. It doesn't take 500 friends to buy an election.

We know that as of this year, in-person U-16 signups are FREE and pay no membership fee: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... w=previous
This policy was announced by ... Sann0638!

We know that the NAF Media Officer has not mentioned this policy on the NAF membership site: http://www.thenaf.net/members-area/join-the-naf/
Almost as if he is trying to hide it from other candidates!! Who is this perfidious media officer? None other than Sann0638!!!

We know that Sann0638 is a school teacher, in a place called "Swindon" if he is to be believed, and presumably in a position to influence hundreds of under-16 children!

Now I'm not saying that Sann0638 is abusing a rule which he helped create, in order to sign up hundreds of Swindon school children as NAF members for free and running away with the NAF election. I'm just pointing out a few facts and asking some questions. But it's certainly telling that Sann0638 has NEVER even bothered to deny this!

(Haha Sann sorry for Glenn Becking you there. Now I have chalk dust all over my fingers. If you manage to sign up hundreds of new NAF members, more power to you. Although you really ought to update the prices on the join-the-naf page)

:lol: 8) :D :orc:

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"