NAF Presidential Election

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: NAF Presidential Election

Post by lunchmoney »

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And he was very encouraging to the Caterham school. ;)

Think it's a bit daft people complaining that a club they don't want to be part off electing a president for said club and not informing them of all the information.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Darkson wrote:Think it's a bit daft people complaining that a club they don't want to be part off electing a president for said club and not informing them of all the information.
There are quite a few of us (I believe) who no longer have the time/inclination to play TT, but are still passionate about the game and want to keep an eye on what is going on with the NAF and the elections. I think we are all part of the BB "club", just not all part of the "TT club". I think Sann has ton a LOT to bridge that divide, and this is another instance where the two disciplines can be brought closer.

And maybe, just maybe, making the election discussion open to more of the exclusively online players, you will encourage more of them to join the NAF and play some TT tournies.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I disagree - if you're not a member you don't get to vote, so why should you get to take part in the discussion. It's got nothing to do with "TT" vs "non-TT" and never has.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:Formally speaking it is a club internal discussion. Does your local fishing club or the national football association provide you with this kind of information if you are not a member?
The local fishing club doesn't claim or aim to represent the whole of fishing whereas the NAF has ambitions to represent and influence Blood Bowl beyond its core table top tournament base. The problem being that online only players are effectively disenfranchised because the NAF doesn't currently offer them much that's of use to them. Having discussions about the future of the organisation in private only enhances that disenfranchisement.

And misquoting the other metaphor you used, FIFA is a prime example of why transparency is a good thing :)

I like the idea of the NAF but I think it needs to try harder to be inclusive to all aspects of the game.

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

Is anything stopping online only coaches joining the NAF?

Most of them won't read the stuff anyway. They have short attention spans.
If they join they'll just vote for Sann0638 as he is probably the only bloke they've heard of.

Combine those with the 500 students he'll be threatening with detention, extra homework and laps of the cross country course is it even worth having an election?

I am prepared to not run against him and do a spot of consultancy for 1.3 million quid if you guys really insist on an election.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

koadah wrote:Is anything stopping online only coaches joining the NAF?

Most of them won't read the stuff anyway. They have short attention spans.
If they join they'll just vote for Sann0638 as he is probably the only bloke they've heard of.
Well there's nothing stopping me but why should I spend £5 for dice I won't use and prize support for tournaments i can't attend? And that's fine if the NAF is exclusively for TT tournament players (and TT league players to a lesser extent) but if it wants to be an organisation for all of Blood Bowl then it needs to encourage online players somehow.

And there's nothing wrong with my attention... SQUIRREL!

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

All you really need to do is head down to Swindon with a van full of lollipops.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

rolo wrote:All you really need to do is head down to Swindon with a van full of alcopops.
It's Swindon, fixed that for ya!!

koadah
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by koadah »

I'll vote for the candidate that encourages Christer to use house rules in the Box. :orc:

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

glowworm wrote:
rolo wrote:All you really need to do is head down to Swindon with a van full of alcopops.
It's Swindon, fixed that for ya!!
Could be worse, could be skag. Which would be more expensive if nothing else.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Well, this escalated quickly.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

We all know that sherbet dib dabs are just a gateway to booze and hard drugs :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Quick update, for those who can't log in to the NAF, I've done a potted "who am I": http://www.sann0638.co.uk/non-bb-cv/

I've kept the dib-dabs out of it, for the moment.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

rolo wrote: We know that the NAF Media Officer has not mentioned this policy on the NAF membership site: http://www.thenaf.net/members-area/join-the-naf/
Thanks, always happy when people read the website! Updated now :)

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler