Blood Bowl back at Warhammer World

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Blood Bowl back at Warhammer World

Post by Heff »

"So we will put you down as a maybe?"

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Heff wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote:
Heff wrote:
Depends on your definition and starting suppositions.... He may not "power game" this one, but he is still balls-in-purse and actively collaborating with the entities that contemptuously and violently ran roughshod over our community and members....

Chamberlain and Quisling are grinning in their graves....
Wow that was unnecessary. We play with toys ffs.
Don't feed the Troll.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Don't feed the Troll.
Maybe it's just me but I find it very insulting to be called a troll.
Happened to me also, here on TFF.

"Trolling" means that someone is purposefully trying to disturb discussions and bother other people for no other reason but to be a pain in the... well, you know where .

Could we please stay on the nicer side of communication?

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Regash wrote:
Dr. Von Richten wrote:Don't feed the Troll.
Maybe it's just me but I find it very insulting to be called a troll.
Happened to me also, here on TFF.

"Trolling" means that someone is purposefully trying to disturb discussions and bother other people for no other reason but to be a pain in the... well, you know where .

Could we please stay on the nicer side of communication?
Did you read what he posted? Seems to fit your definition to me.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Wow!!

Thought Jimmy would be taller. :D

Regash

Post by Regash »

Olaf the Stout wrote:Did you read what he posted? Seems to fit your definition to me.
Yeah, I did.
But maybe, because of english not being my first language, I didn't think it to be that insulting.
(And I never recognized Digger as a troll before.)

LemonheadWallenstein
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LemonheadWallenstein »

Regash wrote:
Olaf the Stout wrote:Did you read what he posted? Seems to fit your definition to me.
Yeah, I did.
But maybe, because of english not being my first language, I didn't think it to be that insulting.
(And I never recognized Digger as a troll before.)
maybe so, but do you know who Chamberlain and Quisling are?

You can't really have a discussion with someone who starts it using them as a comparison (when the discussion is about a game obviously)

Regash

Post by Regash »

There are to many Chamberlains to know which one he meant, at least as a german.
Quisling, yes, I know him and that his name is is still used as synonym for treachery.

I'm pretty sure Mike can fight his own battles and I'm very impressed by the answer he gave. Some people tend to forget that the NAF is no official organisation that has any power over the way GW will treat it's games but is rather an organisation of players that, mostly, is there for the tournament scene of the game.

Anyway, let's get back to topic here and let Admins deal with insults. You always have the choice to report insulting posts, or, as they've put it in the World of Warcraft forum I used to post in: REPORT, DON'T RESPOND! :wink:

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neville_Chamberlain

The stench of unnecessary bull**** is strong in this thread.

Regash

Post by Regash »

harvestmouse wrote:The stench of unnecessary bull**** is strong in this thread.
We sure can agree on that!
Although I'm pretty sure we won't agree an the source of the smell. :orc:

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Digger Goreman has a history of using the flimsiest of excuses to launch into his personal diatribe against the 'fascist evils' of corporations (like GW) and the severe overpowerdness of over half of the existing teams, and of accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being a collaborator to a dictatorial regime. Furthermore, he has proven himself to be immune to any reasonable argument on many occasions.

Therefore, he fits the definition of an 'Internet-Troll' as used in common parlance, and you will notice that he is generally ignored by the rest, as befits his kind of people. Sometimes someone forgets to do so, or, in a fit of optimism believes that he has changed; in such a case it is prudent to remind this person of the futility of such an action.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Digger Goreman has a history of using the flimsiest of excuses to launch into his personal diatribe against the 'fascist evils' of corporations (like GW) and the severe overpowerdness of over half of the existing teams, and of accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being a collaborator to a dictatorial regime. Furthermore, he has proven himself to be immune to any reasonable argument on many occasions.

Therefore, he fits the definition of an 'Internet-Troll' as used in common parlance, and you will notice that he is generally ignored by the rest, as befits his kind of people. Sometimes someone forgets to do so, or, in a fit of optimism believes that he has changed; in such a case it is prudent to remind this person of the futility of such an action.
This is mostly the reason he is the only TFF user on my ignore list. Which is pointless when a bunch of people quote him.

Back on topic....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Digger Goreman has a history of using the flimsiest of excuses to launch into his personal diatribe against the 'fascist evils' of corporations (like GW) and the severe overpowerdness of over half of the existing teams, and of accusing anyone who disagrees with him of being a collaborator to a dictatorial regime. Furthermore, he has proven himself to be immune to any reasonable argument on many occasions.

He is right about dwarves though. :lol:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Heff wrote:
He is right about dwarves though. :lol:
And elves.... :wink:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Heff wrote: He is right about dwarves though. :lol:
No, he isn't.

His opinion is that Dwarfs are overpowered, which they aren't. Good, but not overpowered; they have some strong points (lots of Block & Tackle, Lots of acces to Strength skills), but also some weaknesses (low Movement, low Agility, average Strength). At low-mid TV they are a powerful team, but at higer TV they lose the Blocking War against most Bashing teams, and Agility Teams will outmaneuver them. So his opinion on Dwarfs is wrong.

Your opinion, AFAIK (and mine), on the other hand, is that Dwarf are a one dimensional team which can only do a slow grind and has no good alternatives if that fails. This is true; their low Movement and Agility lock them into this one playstyle.

So you are right and he is not, even though you both dislike Dwarfs