What team should I play....?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

What team should I play....?

Post by bizzydog217 »

I wasn't sure where this topic should go so I went with the general chat section. Okay quick little bio. I recently moved from my normal tournament area :( but found a new league. My new league is upstart and only had one season but no playoffs system in place yet. Teams can come back and play a second, third etc season or they can restart. Previously used teams that might return are: bash heavy Human, Chaos, Dwarf, and Human. I know there will also be a Chaos Dwarf (rookie) present. In the past I've successfully used Dark Elf and High Elf going to two finals and winning one title of my old league. I've used Dwarf in the past to moderate success too. I'm topsy turvy here though because I wanted to try something that would be both competitive but also outside my comfort. With a human team that is built to bash, a Chaos team which is being built still, but also possibility of dwarf and chaos dwarf to face seems like a bash heavy league. I'm tending to go bash but there is the other fun element of going with the AG teams and run around them all. The teams I was considering are:

Dark Elf
Orc
Nurgle
Lizardmen
Wood Elf
Human

I am open to discussion on other team choices too. I'm considering Orcs because I've never used them in league format, Chaos play doesn't have any claws yet, they are good out of the box and only get better, and of course they don't sacrifice too much as far as Agility goes. But again, any and all comments welcome!

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: What team should I play....?

Post by Digger Goreman »

1. Necro, if you are not afraid... :smoking:

2. Nurgle
3. Orc

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

My biggest gripe with Necro is I used them in the past and loved them. I had the catch/claws/frenzy Necro now with neutered wolves and more expensive zombies I'm not sure I'll play them right, not to mention I'm not sure how well to use the golems. I'm open minded to them of course but I'm not sure

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Go Lizard.
You can compete bashwise, but have the edge on AG.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I think all of those races could be fun! Do you have all the miniatures?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Saebelsultan wrote:Go Lizard.
You can compete bashwise, but have the edge on AG.
actually, in a very bashy and experienced environment, i'm not sure a rookie lizards team would be great :/

what is the starting budget for new team in your league?
Dark Elf
Orc
Nurgle
Lizardmen
Wood Elf
Human
i would go for dark elves.
because you could skill quite fast your players (each mvp doing a pass the following games)
and nice inducements (eldril + wizard!)

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

I don't have all the GW miniatures but I have minis I can use. Starting budget is 1000k. The dwarf, chaos dwarf, and 2 human teams seem decent. Chaos team has like 2 players who block, and other new teams well obviously they would be new

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

bizzydog217 wrote:My biggest gripe with Necro is I used them in the past and loved them. I had the catch/claws/frenzy Necro now with neutered wolves and more expensive zombies I'm not sure I'll play them right, not to mention I'm not sure how well to use the golems. I'm open minded to them of course but I'm not sure
Go to the long and awesome thread on how to use Necros best: Necros vs the world of Blood Bowl

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Can't seem to locate it, do you have a link or what subheading is it under?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

The link is in his post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bizzydog217 »

Thanks I'm on my phone and it was only slightly a little greyer than the rests