The Worst Feeling in Blood Bowl

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: The Worst Feeling in Blood Bowl

Post by sann0638 »

You put in loads of volunteer hours to help a game then someone compares you to the nazis...

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

You love being part of the community, then realise the community is being led by a nazi.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

When Godwin's Law creeps in to Blood Bowl ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Worst feeling is rolling a one, choosing to reroll, and the opponent is cheernig for a one and a one comes up. My heart just sinks.

That, and when I forget Loner on my big guys.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

sann0638 wrote:You put in loads of volunteer hours to help a game then someone compares you to the nazis...
Good grief, what are you guys doing there at NAF HQ? Burning copies of the 3rd ed rulebook? Planning a surprise attack on Necromunda and Mordheim?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Madsherman wrote:Worst feeling is rolling a one, choosing to reroll, and the opponent is cheernig for a one and a one comes up. My heart just sinks.

I'm cheering always for the 1 or the skull, I know that is annoying but it's part of the trash talking that is coming with the game :orc:

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sainthropee wrote:I'm cheering always for the 1 or the skull, I know that is annoying but it's part of the trash talking that is coming with the game :orc:
Well, it is pretty satisfying from the other side. The one I like is kicking off, setting up aggressively, saying "Here comes the Blitz", throwing the dice ... and seeing a 6 and a 4 :)

Maybe we need a "best feeling in Blood Bowl" thread ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

rolo wrote:
Sainthropee wrote:I'm cheering always for the 1 or the skull, I know that is annoying but it's part of the trash talking that is coming with the game :orc:
Well, it is pretty satisfying from the other side. The one I like is kicking off, setting up aggressively, saying "Here comes the Blitz", throwing the dice ... and seeing a 6 and a 4 :)

Maybe we need a "best feeling in Blood Bowl" thread ;)

I always shake hands with the rival and say good luck BEFORE the kick off for this kind of things xDDD

(J. Bentham)
JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

sann0638 wrote:You put in loads of volunteer hours to help a game then someone compares you to the nazis...
Wtf?? Don't listen to angry men. Keep going, Sann, you do a great job :wink:

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Sainthropee wrote:
Madsherman wrote:Worst feeling is rolling a one, choosing to reroll, and the opponent is cheernig for a one and a one comes up. My heart just sinks.

I'm cheering always for the 1 or the skull, I know that is annoying but it's part of the trash talking that is coming with the game :orc:

That statement alone makes me sad. If you know it's annoying why do you do it? I go out of my way to NOT annoy people. We are playing the game to have a good time and if I purposely annoy people, what does that make me? Of course I cheer on the inside and also comment on the dice afterwards "Man, you can't catch a break today." It can still be a fun game with trash talk, without someone gloating over bad luck, which is something you have no control over.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Madsherman wrote:It can still be a fun game with trash talk, without someone gloating over bad luck, which is something you have no control over.
It can still be a fun game with trash talk, with someone gloating over bad luck. In fact, to me it's more fun (either being the gloater or gloatee).

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Madsherman wrote:
Sainthropee wrote:

That statement alone makes me sad. If you know it's annoying why do you do it? I go out of my way to NOT annoy people. We are playing the game to have a good time and if I purposely annoy people, what does that make me? Of course I cheer on the inside and also comment on the dice afterwards "Man, you can't catch a break today." It can still be a fun game with trash talk, without someone gloating over bad luck, which is something you have no control over.

sorry, probably that is misunderstood or I explain too bad. I'm not doing every time, only with my league's friends and with some players in tournament that I know that they are all time crying about his bad luck (and never say anything about their pows or their 6's). I'm not a trashtalker full time.

And I'm not talking about the typical match where all the bad luck is only in one side, this matches are very boring. I'm talking about the typical rival that you know and is always talking about his bad luck, after playing with elfs and 20 dodges a 2+ he cry about and 1 rr 1. you know that kind of players?

Normally I take bad/good luck how it comes, because I know it is not during all my live.

(J. Bentham)
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

I guess, it just feels to me that you are kicking a guy who is down. And it also has to be seen in the context of the entire game. If a game has gone particularly bad for me I take it worse, but if my dice have been hot for 12 turns then I can easily brush it off.

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Madsherman wrote:I guess, it just feels to me that you are kicking a guy who is down.
That's the best time to kick him.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
Madsherman said:
Well, if your opponent forgets Loner on your big Guys too, then suddenly it's the best thing in Blood Bowl :orc:

Worst thing in Blood Bowl?
Lying awake after a crucial loss, and suddenly realizing "oh, that's how I should have played it" :lol:

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead