The Best Feeling in Bloodbowl

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: The Best Feeling in Bloodbowl

Post by frogboy »

rolo wrote:Looking at pictures of frogboy pooping.
Knowing people enjoy this type of thing, maybe I should start charging :orc:

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

The only good feeling in bloodbowl is when it is over.
I only have two emotions in bloodbowl
Fear when I am about to make a roll
relief when it succeeds.

Oh and frustrated rage. I have a lot of frustrated rage!

Outside bloodbowl I am pretty placid.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

think the best feeling is when I figure out a way around a difficult problem in BB so that it doesnt require me to roll all sixes

I suppose it feels even better if it succeeds but i still get a kick out of being creative enough when ive boxed myself in to a corner

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Making that final 6+ roll to score and tie the game. :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

I don't know about best feeling but there have been several nice moments.

I won a couple of awards at the NAF Championship, most CAS one year most TD another, that was nice.

Recently, it's been when my defence works out. Simple, but satisfying.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

That turn 16 desperate long bomb from one orc lineman to another...

Rolling for the pass... 1... Use the last reroll... 6!
Rolling for the catch... 6!
TOUCHDOWN! for a 2:1 win over High Elves! :orc:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I played a guy from Essex last year at Dungeon Bowl, he was winning by 1 touchdown. In my last turn I passed the ball with a dwarf to a dwarf runner stood in a tackle zone who caught the ball dodged out and I think went for it over the line to draw. That felt like a victory although my poor opponent could probably describe this same event in the other thread for the worst feeling in Blood Bowl, such a cruel game :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The Professor's turn 16, tie game against my Necros, Nuffle on vacation, ball knocked loose into one tackle zone, all my players tagged/screened except two zombies, one four squares from the end zone, the other six squares from the ball....

GFI... GFI... Picks up the ball in a tackle zone, No interception, Launches a successful long pass, Ball caught, Zombie shambles in for the win and the only zed TD ever in my coaching career.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Thrudball.....

..... Every year!

nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Making a stupid error and getting away with it- like forgetting an opponent had Pass Block and Catch, but failing the intercept, or forgetting someone has Guard, meaning a 2 Die uphill, but getting 2 Pows on the ball carrier anyway.

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Rolling Quad 1's as your first move of a match. From there you can relax, cause you know it's not going to be your night :)

(Vamp Blood Lust followed by Dodge)

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

My best Blood Bowl feeling ever was flying to England (I had never been out of the US and I am terrified of flying over the ocean) and being welcomed/hosted/driven/shown around by the best mates a yank like me could ever hope for - glowworm, nazgob, lunchmoney, heff and EVERYONE was so welcoming and just all around top shelf. I flew halfway around the world and trusted my safety in people I only knew through my podcast and they did not disappoint! It was easily one of the best experiences of my life.

I have GOT to return one of these years...

Side Note - The customs agent at the airport, while inspecting my passport and hearing me tell him I knew exactly NO ONE in all of England, told me, "Good luck" and waved me through. :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

nonumber wrote: Recently, it's been when my defence works out. Simple, but satisfying.
This is a good point - it's an ongoing good feeling when you know you're up on defence. Shame it's not a nice feeling for the opponent!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Starting a tabletop league, convincing MTG players to give it a try and still having it going strong 3 seasons later with 12% of our players being ladies. Also having my 10year old be the number one seed gong into our playoffs.

So proud

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
oozeboss
Rookie
Rookie
Location: In the Shadow of the Temple of Mir-Anda, Sydney, Oz

Post by oozeboss »

It lasted for an entire game (and then some).

I was playing in a tournament using Halflings (with no trees), and it was announced that I had drawn a Human team for around Round 4 (of 8 ). My imminent opponent, a kid young enough to be my grandson, immediately bellowed at the top of his voice, "Halflings! I've never lost to Halflings!", and (seriously) laughed out very loud & very long.

The Halflings won 4-0 (and won the Casualty count as well, without any fouling).

But wait - it actually gets even better.

Midway through the 2nd half, his Mighty Zug spies a lonely 'fling miles away from the ball or anything even remotely resembling an assist, and blitzes him. Punk kid rolls Triple Skulls. Zug dies.

After the game, a bloke playing in an adjacent game and sitting right next to the kid turns to him immediately after we finish and says, "Well, look on the bright side - you still haven't 'lost' to Halflings. But you have now been slaughtered by them."

(My Munchiestar United - "the Fed Devils" - went 3-1-4 that weekend, losing only 1 game by more than 1 - and that loss was only by 2. But the memory of that game against Humies still brings a smile to my dial even a decade plus later.)

"Everyone loves the underfrog."
PeteW, coaching the NAF Championship Prize (Slann) team, in a FUMBBL game
"I don't really trust a sane person."
Lyle Alzado