Close up pic of a painted new Orc Thrower

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kafre es Ispurio
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Close up pic of a painted new Orc Thrower

Post by Kafre es Ispurio »

I don't like the face, neither what I think is the mold line in the left hand.

I have been buying lately a dinner table and they normally go from the 750 mm to the 900 mm wide.

Now if with 25 mmm bases we had 29 mm squares, with 30 mm we should have at least squares of 34 mm.

With 26 squares long and 34 mm per square makes 884 mm + some extra. That's almost the limit of the bigger tables.

You will say that this is not very important as you can put the field wide-wise instead of long-wise, but I don't think it would be so easy for tournaments to get the right wide of table.

Reason: ''
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

That's exactly right. As it is, most card tables are slightly too small for a 28mm pitch. So I guess veteran FUMBBLers are going to have an advantage in 4th edition. :roll:

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Maybe they'll make fewer squares and reduce moment allowance of the players. That way the field can still have the same outer dimensions

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Gaixo wrote:That's exactly right. As it is, most card tables are slightly too small for a 28mm pitch. So I guess veteran FUMBBLers are going to have an advantage in 4th edition. :roll:
Easily fixed... make the FUMBBLers play in the opposite direction... I do that to one of my locals and it freaks him out.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gaixo wrote:4th edition. :roll:
5th (6th?) edition - 4th edition was in the BB Mag, and some think of the whole LRB series as a different edition from 3rd. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

That's interesting. I could see calling the current rules 4th, but couldn't go any higher than that.

WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

Blood Bowl 2.

Regash

Post by Regash »

:?: I always thought that 2nd, 3rd and so on refered to the game and the miniatures and had nothing to do with the rulebook called LRB 3, 4 or 5th?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Regash wrote::?: I always thought that 2nd, 3rd and so on refered to the game and the miniatures and had nothing to do with the rulebook called LRB 3, 4 or 5th?
They don't, which is why I didn't say that.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

1st ed. was way back in the day. God knows when. Or Wikipedia.
2nd ed. was in the 80'ies.
3rd ed. was around 1994? - resembles what we're still playing a heck of a lot more than 1st and 2nd does.
4th ed. was in a BBMag around 2000(?) - never got off the ground. The community hated it.
5th ed. might well be a reasonable term for the BBRC/LRB Era. You could consider CRP part of this...
...or you could call CRP 6th ed. - since the Rulebook is no longer 'Living'.

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Kafre es Ispurio wrote:Now if with 25 mmm bases we had 29 mm squares, with 30 mm we should have at least squares of 34 mm.
Being picky, it's 36 if you want to add 4. The new bases aren't 30 but 32. Thirty two. It's GW, they couldn't change to another base without being a new size. But OCD people don't worry, you can get 3rd party ones too, to GW dismay.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

What I love about this Orc most is the double standards especially in the GW Facebook page.

I've seen 3rd party models come out that look like something I could sculpt myself out of bluetac and people are falling over themselves to join the kick starter.

GW come out with their first model for blood bowl which is a perfectly nice model and everyone's like "meh the face is kinda weird what base is it on"

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

GW "make the best miniatures in the world". ;)
If they want to claim that they need to back it up.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

nonumber wrote:What I love about this Orc most is the double standards especially in the GW Facebook page.

I've seen 3rd party models come out that look like something I could sculpt myself out of bluetac and people are falling over themselves to join the kick starter.

GW come out with their first model for blood bowl which is a perfectly nice model and everyone's like "meh the face is kinda weird what base is it on"
I think it is fair enough to expect more from a large company compared to someone just starting out.

Or if the company is bringing out cheap and cheerful models like Mantic then equally expectations are lowered. It is a bit much when we see really mediocre sculpts with GW level price tags though.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

nonumber wrote:What I love about this Orc most is the double standards especially in the GW Facebook page.

I would expect more from GW than a small company. They have the resources to pull this off in great style. Yet, I haven't seen anything better than 3rd party stuff so far. They deserve to get to know we expect better from them. It's because we believe in them. Otherwise, I would just keep my mouth shut.

But we've only seen four models or so, anything can still happen.