Close up pic of a painted new Orc Thrower

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Close up pic of a painted new Orc Thrower

Post by rolo »

Regash wrote:That actually might be the reason for GW to ask everyone to take down the rules PDF...
They'e trying to eliminate the possibility to "sneak" their way to the other teams as good as they can.
Why else would you buy DZs1?
I bought the 3rd ed Death Zone ... ;)

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Looks like it comes with 2 blue block dice, 2 green block dice, 2 D6s of each color (with a special logo on either the 6 or the 1), a D8 of each color and a D16. It would be nice if they agree to license the new block dice designs to the NAF again.

Milo

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

There is another marketing style pic that shows 3 block dice in each color. It will be interesting to see how many actually come in the boxed set.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Bakunin wrote:Looks like there is only 2 block dice in each set. 3DB may be in trouble :P
Actually this picture clearly shows 3 block dice for the Orc team. I would assume the Humans will get the same as well. It is nice to see them giving more than one set of dice out in the boxed set.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bnq5Lw8vvsM/ ... 220012.JPG

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Marlow wrote:
Bakunin wrote:Looks like there is only 2 block dice in each set. 3DB may be in trouble :P
Actually this picture clearly shows 3 block dice for the Orc team. I would assume the Humans will get the same as well. It is nice to see them giving more than one set of dice out in the boxed set.
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bnq5Lw8vvsM/ ... 220012.JPG
No, look closely. It's two block dice and a D6 showing the "special logo" side.

Milo

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Marlow wrote:
Actually this picture clearly shows 3 block dice for the Orc team.
There are 6 dice for each color: 1D8, 1D16, 2D6 and 2 block dice.
Where exactly do you see three block dice in the picture? :o

Damn, Milo was quicker... :orc:

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

take a look at this picture...

the pic is a little fuzzy, and the dice are pretty small, but there are clearly 5 six-sided dice per side in this pic. the normal d6's are pretty easy to spot by their pips, while there are 3 other six-sided dice per side with ambiguous markings. if we can assume that those sixxers with ambiguous markings are block dice, then we have our 3 block dice per side.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

mikeyc222 wrote:take a look at this picture...

the pic is a little fuzzy, and the dice are pretty small, but there are clearly 5 six-sided dice per side in this pic. the normal d6's are pretty easy to spot by their pips, while there are 3 other six-sided dice per side with ambiguous markings. if we can assume that those sixxers with ambiguous markings are block dice, then we have our 3 block dice per side.
On the green side, yes, I do see three potential block dice. But it looks like only two on the blue side.

It's definitely possible. Just not sure it's guaranteed.

Milo

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Green looks like it has 2 D6s and 3 "blank" 6-sided dice, which I assume are stand-ins for the block dice.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Confirmed on twitter - 3 blue and 3 green block dice in the box.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Regash wrote:League rules only coming in the first expansion? WTF?!?
It's called milking. One old product becomes at least 2, probably more. That would explain the 6 plastic teams and (3?) custom pitches. Basic box, then what that slide mentions, and next another box (that would make 3 pitches, 6 teams) or Dungeon Bowl (to reach the 6 teams, or reuse plastic teams in different pairing but dungeon pitch... and get 4 products).
And what do they mean, "seven new teams"? My skin curls at the thought of roster changes...
I really hope that they mean "new to newcomers". But why wouldn't they have them in the core rule book?
Probably like Cyanide, release some rosters every now and then. Two first, then seven, then another handful, then another... makes 3-4 products. Yep, they are in cow farm mode.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Steam Ball wrote:
Regash wrote:League rules only coming in the first expansion? WTF?!?
It's called milking. One old product becomes at least 2, probably more. That would explain the 6 plastic teams and (3?) custom pitches. Basic box, then what that slide mentions, and next another box (that would make 3 pitches, 6 teams) or Dungeon Bowl (to reach the 6 teams, or reuse plastic teams in different pairing but dungeon pitch... and get 4 products).
And what do they mean, "seven new teams"? My skin curls at the thought of roster changes...
I really hope that they mean "new to newcomers". But why wouldn't they have them in the core rule book?
Probably like Cyanide, release some rosters every now and then. Two first, then seven, then another handful, then another... makes 3-4 products. Yep, they are in cow farm mode.
Hasn't GW always been in cow farm mode? Seriously, this is nothing new.

2nd Ed Blood Bowl: Blood Bowl boxed game (orcs and humans), Dungeonbowl expansion (dwarves and elves), BB Companion (star player rules), BB Star Players Book (rules for all the races)

3rd Ed Blood Bowl: Blood Bowl boxed game (orc and human miniatures, rules for six races), Death Zone expansion (league rules, special play cards, rules for six more races)

Furthermore, we need to keep in mind that, as GW enthusiasts, we are tremendously spoiled. We only need to buy one game and 16 miniatures to play the game we love. GW needs to stretch the release schedule both to keep us buying things (and hence return SOME profit on a game that has always been a low-customer-investment product) and to keep the product in the limelight for a longer period of time.

I actually think this staggered approach is a positive, as opposed to a one-time only big bang.

Milo

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

sann0638 wrote:Confirmed on twitter - 3 blue and 3 green block dice in the box.
What account posted that confirmation? Sounds like one I'd like to follow.

Milo

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

Milo wrote:
mikeyc222 wrote:take a look at this picture...

On the green side, yes, I do see three potential block dice. But it looks like only two on the blue side.

It's definitely possible. Just not sure it's guaranteed.
actually, the other blue die in on the other side of the orc minis, on the right hand side of the image along with the blue d8. 8)
sann0638 wrote:Confirmed on twitter - 3 blue and 3 green block dice in the box.
really glad to hear that.

and i have no problem with them releasing the new game in pieces like this. it's pretty much how 3rd edition came out way back when. we all know what the league rules are. we can play leagues even without the DeathZone expansion. Once DZ comes out, and we see what their new league flavor rules are, we can choose to include them in our leagues, or not.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

As many facts as we can find: http://www.thenaf.net/2016/05/warhammerfest-roundup/

Might be nice if the title of this thread was changed, though...

Or should we start a new one?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler