What "new" race for BB would you like GW to bring out?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

What "new" race for BB would you like GW to bring out?

Post by Deus Magi »

Rules for them aside, perhaps we can "debate" that one on another thread. If we could try to keep the thread laid out well, such as:

Race,......... Pros,............ Cons,.........

Tyranids: Pros, Not been done by GW before, but may not fit in with the humour of the original game
Daemons: Pros, Not been done by GW before & loads of scope as so many different types and possibilities. Cons, Too close to Chaos?
Rakshasa: Pros, Not in any GW world. Cons, They are a Daemon.
Yuan-Ti: Pros, I just look at the old C27 Snakemen and think, ooooh, those would be nice in a team. Cons, ?
Ghosts: Pros, Different, and I can imagine them on the pitch. Cons, Another Undead team though, of which there are many, but maybe a Star Player?
Dryads: Pros, Always liked the old ones produced by GW in 1997, easy to paint up. Cons, Leaching into the Wood Elven team genre, perhaps an addition to them?
Elementals. Pros, Some interesting figures could be produced. Cons, Only four elements, unless we call them "The Periodicals."

If you want to slate GW, then nail it on this thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41969&start=105

Or maybe there's one or two others on the internet. :lol:

:wink:

Reason: ''
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: What "new" race for BB would you like GW to bring out?

Post by Moraiwe »

Fishmen. Pros: everything. Cons: none.

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Ooohh, good one. The Deep Ones spring to mind. With maybe some sort of crazed Octopus catcher. Like that idea.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Slann, Chaos Pact and Underworld

Make minis and make the 3 teams Jervis Johnson wanted to add to Blood Bowl officially part of Blood Bowl

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Good point. Well the Slann basically moved into the Lizard men in Warhammer, and have become an excellent looking army. Chaos Pact and underworld are a mix and match of other teams, but from GW's marketing perspective, that's three extra teams they could bang out. Definitely should be included in any new rules though.

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Slann, Chaos Pact and Underworld

Make minis and make the 3 teams Jervis Johnson wanted to add to Blood Bowl officially part of Blood Bowl
This. Nothing else.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Deus Magi wrote:Tyranids: Pros, Not been done by GW before, but may not fit in with the humour of the original game
No, no and no - add one 40k race and you open the door for all the others - next thing you know it's Space Marines vs Eldar.
Just no.

Would love a Fimir team.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Is this a model question or rules?

For models then it would certainly be slann and the extra players needed for pact and underworld, also norse and nurgle could do with being updated to reflect their current roster.

Ruleswise I'd like a dwarf cheaters team along the lines of the dwarf warhammers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Darkson, a good point. Very valid, but I like to throw the ball up in the air and see who catches it. Bloodbowl is of the Fantasy genre. Rather than the science fiction era.

I see the question as both, some new teams? but also I assume there would be all the old ones. Norse did only have one team come out, as did the Amazons, but I thought very nice miniatures. I think a nice Yeti miniature as a Big Guy for the Norse is needed (or at least as a Star Player for them to field). Nurgle, I'm guessing, were right at the end of the releases, and not greatly purchased at the time, as they don't come up on E-Bay as often. But yes, Nurgle could do with a facelift! :lol:

I don't know anything about the Dwarf Cheaters? I did a search online, but it comes up with loads of tournie people cheating at 40k. Do you mean a team looking like the old Hammerers that they did, winged helms and armour of that ilk?

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

By 'Dwarf Cheaters' I would assume Spububba means a cross between Dwarfs and Goblins, Dwarf linemen with lots of secret weapons on the roster, rather than as star players.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Space Marines

Pros: They can sell loads and we already have them in Warhammer
Cons: Everything and I hate the idea

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

This old chestnut of a thread again.... :roll:

Gotta balance n fix the current spamalots before bringing in more.... ?!?

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Well it may be an old thread to you, but it's a new thread to me, and perhaps new to others. It promotes conversation and discussion. We are on a web forum, that's what they are about. I could search around, find these various other threads, tag on, but then someone, perhaps you, would say "someone's pulled this up from the grave, this has been discussed before,..." Many things will have been, perhaps things you've discussed in the past? anything new promotes creativity, readily and easily, old things do as well, but sometimes not to the same extent. I'm unclear what the term "Spamalot" means? Other than a crazy musical about SPAM, Spam, Spam Spam,....

Fair point about balance though.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Hobgoblin (Pirate) Slavers - mainly just normal hobgoblins with a few blitzer or assassin types. Each killed opponent may instead be added to the roster as a slave at cost (max 1 per 2 hobgoblins) with -1mv (Shackles) and Animosity.

Pro: Something different for long running leagues. Crap team for those of us who played goblins too much to try out.

Cons: No good for pickup games, not fluffy and wont ever be accepted by those who believe fluff has ended and was carved in stone.

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Pirates did spring to mind when I started writing the post. Particularly the hats and someone bashing someone over the head with a wooden leg stump. I couldn't get Orks out of my head though, probably because of the old 40K Freebooterz range. A full Hobgoblin team with perhaps that poison actually being the reason they can control other players. Some sort of tribal plant extract from an island peoples that they enslaved. Leaves people foaming at the mouth and easier to control. Even if an already existing team was given a pirate look would still make for an interesting set. Good idea with the shackles and animosity.