Warhammerfest Roundup of the Bloodbowl release 2016 or 2017?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

pressie
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Warhammerfest Roundup of the Bloodbowl release 2016 or 2

Post by pressie »

Not my site... but thought I'd post the link from the Open Day in Amsterdam.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2016/ ... s.html?m=1

Reason: ''
http://tripleskull.blogspot.com/

Coach of the Liverpool Blood Bowl Eirie Downs League. Join our Facebook group to join the league.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1850859 ... oup_header
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

frogboy wrote:The board looks huge, possibly too big to field at certain events. Are we really going to see die hards adopt the FUMBBL approach to side on game play?
I've never thought of it as side-on 'til you mentioned it, duh!

Have tried to view tabletop games from above to give me some insight into what to do next, but it never helps! Options just seem more obvious on FUMBBL.

I'll be getting the boxed set (hope it's lower than the £95 I've seen mentioned on this thread though!), but those push fit models in the box are getting hacked to bits to try and get a bit more variability.

Are they likely to (no pun intended...) dwarf the existing models, size-wise? I've just upgraded my 40k army from 25mm to 32mm bases and they're actually a surprisingly snug fit, still. Is there the possibility of just switching bases and still fitting in with the new size of models?

...just can't imagine 'flings, gobbos and snotlings on 32mm bases!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Jip wrote: (hope it's lower than the £95 I've seen mentioned on this thread though!)
That number is plucked out of the air.
I can pluck numbers out of the air as well: it'll be £60-65.
Are they likely to (no pun intended...) dwarf the existing models, size-wise? I've just upgraded my 40k army from 25mm to 32mm bases and they're actually a surprisingly snug fit, still. Is there the possibility of just switching bases and still fitting in with the new size of models?

...just can't imagine 'flings, gobbos and snotlings on 32mm bases!
The actual models aren't as big as they first seem. The stances are far more open, which makes them seem large and, on the Orcs in particular, makes the bigger bases necessary, but the Humans are no bigger than the new 40k Storm Troopers (Tempestus Scions?).

AoS models have become huge, but 40k models still aren't as they're governed by Space Marine kits. These are not AoS huge.

Personally I won't be using 32mm bases for anything because I want to still be able to use a 29mm square pitch, so 30mm bases are big enough.
Where possible I'll be sticking to 25mm bases.

There are two videos coming to Warhammer TV soon; an unboxing and a game run through. They'll probably give a fair idea of size where photos of stuff in cabinets sometimes fail to.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

JT-Y wrote:Personally I won't be using 32mm bases for anything because I want to still be able to use a 29mm square pitch, so 30mm bases are big enough.
Where possible I'll be sticking to 25mm bases.
This is my plan as well. I much prefer the current board for no other reason than its ability to fit well on playing tables. Plus I have a small mountain of 30mm flat bases on hand for the new figures so no worries on basing the new models on 30mm if needed to still work with the old boards. So since 30mm bases are so easy to get ... I think JT-Y's plan is a good one.

I know we were looking at the Chaos Cup venue for 2016 and talking about the new boards and the basic decision was that we could not fit all the people in the space if we had to turn the boards sideways ... so likely it will be a requirement for several tournaments to still use 29mm pitches. So if you want to be tournament friendly with your team ... I think JT-Y has it right that you should be basing on 30mm instead of 32mm.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Yep, I expect the bigger boards to potentially be an issue at the venue I host Southern Shrike Bowl at as well. I plan to keep basing my minis (even the new GW teams) on 25-30mm bases (the curved edge bases tend to be a little bit bigger), rather than the new, bigger GW bases.