Warhammerfest Roundup of the Bloodbowl release 2016 or 2017?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Warhammerfest Roundup of the Bloodbowl release 2016 or 2

Post by JT-Y »

Breaking news from BoLS.

If only there was some way we could have know all of this wonderful news and more two months ago.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Slightlyoff-topic, but Skaven can learn to wield weapons with their tails in Mordheim (no idea about WFB/AoS, but some models do) so I've no issue with them being able to hold a ball with it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Darkson wrote:Slightlyoff-topic, but Skaven can learn to wield weapons with their tails in Mordheim (no idea about WFB/AoS, but some models do) so I've no issue with them being able to hold a ball with it.
Yup. It's always, always been a part of the character of Skaven that they have dexterous tails from when they first appeared in the spring 1986 Citadel Journal, as seen on numerous models and in much of the artwork and fiction throughout the years.
They aren't rats. They're a fantasy race of ratmen drawn heavily from Germanic folklore, the art of Heironomous Bosch, and the books of Fritz Leiber.

To complain about Skaven using their tails is akin to complaining about Orcs using teef as currency or Bretonnians using magic swords distributed by watery bints as the basis for a system of government.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

JT-Y wrote: Bretonnians using magic swords distributed by watery bints as the basis for a system of government.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Deathmaster Snikch...

+ this guy...
j3fu9ixfwxaisyndf37n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

i dont think that i dont like the idea of them using tails, i just dont like the mini. i know we are going bigger and getting a bigger board, but surely stuff like this where a small, potentially fragile thin part could cause the mini to break or have difficulty when laying it on the pitch for stunned or prone

or worse, cause space issues on a bigger board

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Now that I can agree with. I d like the dynamic pose of that figure, I'm not convinced on it's practicality, but I'll reserve judgement till it's actually released.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Plastic model though, they can do a lot with thin parts and fine detail on plastic because there's just so much flex in it before it even stresses, let alone breaks.

TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomB »

I don't think anyone has brought this up, but the mention of special play and star player cards are being mixed through various expansion sets?

This feels to me like it might end up like x wing, where you needed to buy an imperial shuttle to get an upgrade card to take a b wing to an official tournament.

I'm hoping it's just 1 deck to buy, or maybe the rules will still be in the rulebook for anyone to use.

Also not printing rosters for all the established teams seems a bit strange to me. Halflings and chaos, undead, all go back a long way.

I like the human models apart from all the spikes. The orcs I'm not too sure about not exactly what I imagine when I think orcland Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

The plan here is to release several smaller decks that aren't too expensive and will eventually give a complete set rather than one big deck that costs a fortune. You won't need to buy the decks at all, but I can't conceive of anyone not buying all the supplement books, especially as we're talking about maybe one per year, so I can't help there. Show me something BB related and I buy it.

GW does not print rules for stuff it doesn't have models for. Blame Chapterhouse.
In the meantime it is up to us to make new players aware of the full range of rosters via CRP, FUMBBL, and Cyanide.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Do we have examples of other GW decks?

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

They do objective/psychic power decks for 40k releases, always limited in number and when they're gone they're gone. This is the latest. £8 for 48 cards, two sizes in the box; 6 big playing card size, 42 half that size.
Special play cards will all be playing card size.

Not cheap. You can see why they are splitting the full set up.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Da ... h-ENG-2016

TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TomB »

JT-Y wrote:The plan here is to release several smaller decks that aren't too expensive and will eventually give a complete set rather than one big deck that costs a fortune. You won't need to buy the decks at all, but I can't conceive of anyone not buying all the supplement books, especially as we're talking about maybe one per year, so I can't help there. Show me something BB related and I buy it.
As an adult now I can personally afford anything I want relating to board and miniature games. I don't even have to think about how much I spend really.

But when I think of 8yr old me who got BB 2nd ed, and 12yr old me who got 3rd ed, before the Internet, even buying death zone on top of BB 3rd took a big chunk out of my pocket money.

I don't need to buy the new version and I'm still unsure if I will as I'm not a massive fan of the new style models. Despite this I really hope it's a hit with the up and coming generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Maybe the new boxed game from GW can give us an indication of price?

Warhammer 40,000: Death Masque sells for £95.

In it you get
1 New marine character
10 new marines
1 sort of new vehicle
1 new eldar character
1 existing eldar character
12 existing eldar harlequins
2 existing eldar jetbikes
1 existing eldar vehicle

So 25 infantry and 4 vehicles

Bloodbowl will have 24 models, but a board and lots of cards and stuff compared to just some rulebooks and dice.

Since it's got marines and the eldar models are cool I can see a lot of people buying it just for the models, let's hope GW realise that plenty of people will be less interested in humans and orcs so price accordingly.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

JT-Y wrote:Not cheap. You can see why they are splitting the full set up.
Yet take for example Vallejo airbrush primers, they sell them in 17, 60 and 200ml bottles. The lowest price is the 17, but the cheapest per ml is the 200. If you need a lot, you better go with the big bottle, it's only cheaper as customer if you ever need only a small quantity; the profit would be the other way around, Vallejo would be better if you buy as many as 12 small bottles instead of the big one.
spubbbba wrote:Bloodbowl will have 24 models, but a board and lots of cards and stuff compared to just some rulebooks and dice.
The rulers are plastic, remember we have seen it should have 2 sprues for humans, 2 for orcs, 1 for rulers.