2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I can see most people buying these and re-selling them on eBay. Hopefully they limit sales to 1 set per person and then sell any left over on Forgeworld. For 20 pounds you'd expect almost every attendee to buy a set as the re-sale value alone would be quite a bit more than that.

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Yeah, I hope this availability is a hint that these will be available again. Makes sense, as long as the molds are still in good shape, since most of them still have a use as Star Players and the costs of maintaining stock in them are relatively low. I'd love to get my hands on a Bilerot Vomitflesh.

Milo

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Any chance of aquiring the set wothout having to go to Warhammer World? Plane tickets sort of ruin the deal for me money wise... :wink:

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I had heard that, but apparently not. They still cast some small quantities of metal for the Web store, but nothing like the quantities they used to.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

JT-Y wrote:I had heard that, but apparently not. They still cast some small quantities of metal for the Web store, but nothing like the quantities they used to.
So, this is a NOT YET, but SOON in the web store?

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

No, Bugmans weekend exclusive.

There was a rumour a few years ago when GW introduced Finecast that it had sold all of it's metal casting plant.
This isn't true, they still sell some metal items and still produce these. These items can mostly be found in the Hobbit and LoTR ranges.

Hilariously I've been asking Andy if he had to go and borrow some pewter and a metal casting machine from Foundry because of that rumour. I'd encourage anyone going to Bugmans this weekend to ask him the same question.
He'll be delighted.

Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

I want so bad ...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Have they said if it's limited per attendee or if it's "once they're gone they're gone"? 3 of us here have asked Waddgwoos to pick up a set ( and no, they're not for resale).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Dunno, but I've got a shopping list as well...

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

I know it's a bit of a long shot, but if they aren't limiting the sets of Star Players to just one per person, if some kind soul is able to, then could they pick me up a set? I'm in the UK for postage.

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

LOL! I actually sell 2nd hand miniatures. If GW open up the old moulds, that's me out of business! (Said he madly laughing like inspector Dreyfuss). I don't believe they will, but that would be bitter sweet though. It would put many fakers on E-Bay out of business, Yaaaay! and many mini's that I want would be available, double Yaaaay! But the value of my collection would go down for the period GW sold them (and after as well) due to increased amounts out there. Bittersweet, but if GW did, then good on them.
JT-Y wrote:Hilariously I've been asking Andy if he had to go and borrow some pewter and a metal casting machine from Foundry because of that rumour. I'd encourage anyone going to Bugmans this weekend to ask him the same question.
He'll be delighted.
I'm not inside GW at all, but I'm guessing he might start strangling people after the 100th person asked him. :lol:
JT-Y wrote:Dunno, but I've got a shopping list as well...
Count me in, cash ready, Take my money!

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Deus Magi wrote:LOL! I actually sell 2nd hand miniatures. If GW open up the old moulds, that's me out of business! (Said he madly laughing like inspector Dreyfuss). I don't believe they will, but that would be bitter sweet though. It would put many fakers on E-Bay out of business, Yaaaay! and many mini's that I want would be available, double Yaaaay! But the value of my collection would go down for the period GW sold them (and after as well) due to increased amounts out there. Bittersweet, but if GW did, then good on them.
JT-Y wrote:Hilariously I've been asking Andy if he had to go and borrow some pewter and a metal casting machine from Foundry because of that rumour. I'd encourage anyone going to Bugmans this weekend to ask him the same question.
He'll be delighted.
I'm not inside GW at all, but I'm guessing he might start strangling people after the 100th person asked him. :lol:
JT-Y wrote:Dunno, but I've got a shopping list as well...
Count me in, cash ready, Take my money!
The way I see it, if you bought BB minis for "investment" purposes, you're probably doing investing wrong! :D

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

No, I didn't buy them as an "investment," but I did take professional advice and buy my endowment policies as an investment to pay the mortgage. I'm guessing my miniatures are going to be worth more! :roll:

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Just heard from Mark. This is indeed one of his. Mighty Zug to match the Human team he sculpted for Fanatic which was never released.

So yeah, Mark Bedford sculpt, not from a trainee at all.

Kaiowas wrote:Image

TheDancingClown
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDancingClown »

Are there any pics of the unreleased team?