2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Re: 2nd Ed. minis at Warhammer World (Bugman's)

Post by Deus Magi »

£20 divided by 6 is £3.33. I think any miniature for £3.33 is a steal, let alone really nice ones like these.

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:At least £5 each, and that's without taking 5+years of GW price rises into account.
And sure, I could buy them on eBay etc, but I've seen them go for£ 10+ each, so £20 for 6 sounds like a bargain.
I had a quick look on e-bay when this was first announced and some of the models for selling for just under £20 each!

Hopefully they will do this more often and bring the price down as a lot of BB stuff is on there for silly amounts.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

bound for glory wrote:And Monnys has them, I believe...I'm very surprised people are acting like this is a big deal.
Just checked Monny's, and he doesn't have Rasta, and the other 5 would cost £45, so yeah, sorry if getting 6 for £20 is thinking it's a big deal. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Darkson wrote:At least £5 each, and that's without taking 5+years of GW price rises into account.
And sure, I could buy them on eBay etc, but I've seen them go for£ 10+ each, so £20 for 6 sounds like a bargain.
The ones on eBay tend to also be either recasts or previously painted and in need of stripping. These are brand new.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Darkson wrote:
bound for glory wrote:And Monnys has them, I believe...I'm very surprised people are acting like this is a big deal.
Just checked Monny's, and he doesn't have Rasta, and the other 5 would cost £45, so yeah, sorry if getting 6 for £20 is thinking it's a big deal. :roll:
Well, I gues I got a great deal, when they were for sale back when they were released.

Guess I paid $8usd for 5 mini's back then. That was when 2nd ed was new. :roll:

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Olaf the Stout wrote:
The ones on eBay tend to also be either recasts or previously painted and in need of stripping. These are brand new.
I think the whole "ebay figures are mostly piss poor paint jobs or recasts" is lazy man myth.

In fact, the last recast I got was from a member here. And he addmited it was recast after I questioned him about it :wink:

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Darkson wrote:
And some people don't have to count every penny, and can afford to pay what something costs.
I was actyivly playing blood bowl back when these figures were released, so I got my figures at a good price. If your wer'nt there, I guess it must indeed suck to have to pay higher prices. But if you want them for your collection, pay for it. :roll:

I buy blood bowl figures every month. I don't care what I spend. Its not drugs. And its a hell of alot cheaper than my wifes interest in antiques :wink:

Having a bad day, simon? I just took my meds. I'm feeling fine 8)

Rick Sanchez lives!
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

^ That's a nonsense argument and you know it. A quick look at any inflation calculator values AU$8 in 1988 as AU$20 today, plus or minus a $ or two from one calculator to another.

So what you paid 28 years ago is exactly what people paid last weekend.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

OK. Almost as bad a point as "20 for 6 figures is a great price NOW A DAYS" right?

Talk to you latter boys. I have to take my son to hockey practice.Hes a big kid for 12 and he's a terror in the corners :D

Rick Sanchez lives!
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

OK, I'll bite
spubbbba wrote:
I had a quick look on e-bay when this was first announced and some of the models for selling for just under £20 each!

Hopefully they will do this more often and bring the price down as a lot of BB stuff is on there for silly amounts.
Yes there are people selling on E-Bay at high prices, but when you factor in all the time it takes to search, bid (and miss) buy, obtain from the postal service, open, unwrap, break down, check, strip off by hand, check for quality/fakes organise, list, discuss in E-Mails, sell, package and post then that's a lot of time that needs to be paid for (unless they are faking them, gits :evil: ) To which they then bypass all that hassle :pissed: . I always say, people are paying for the sellers time, they get the miniature as well, but it's the time that they pay for. But unfortunately, they don't see that time, or realise it was used to ensure that they could just go online and find what they want instantly and buy it in seconds. Plus also, all the fees, both PayPal and E-Bay, that's fees to list and also the final sale fee, losses, P&P and tax. So, silly amounts? Wellllll,...... and bring the price down? I don't know if that would hit the honest sellers more than the fakers, as the fakers can just lower their prices easily, as they've a huge mark up as is. The honest sellers can't. The recasters will always be able to undercut. BUT, if GW were to, then the prices would lower, I'd go out of business and the buyers would get cheaper items. I can see it from both sides, as a GW customer and as a seller. I do believe that if GW did sell the old stuff again, many people just wouldn't bother to sell miniatures on E-Bay, as the time to do so, and all the costs, it just wouldn't be worth all the hassles to do so. So you still end up with a certain amount of less availability in that regard.
Olaf the Stout wrote:The ones on eBay tend to also be either recasts or previously painted and in need of stripping. These are brand new.
I'd have to agree, there are more than a few recast/fakes on E-Bay. I extensively watch and target certain areas, and have noted that certain sellers have substantial amounts of the same teams. I know that you just CANNOT get them in that number. I know, because I sell them myself. It's just not possible to source them in the numbers that some sellers sell them in. Even if they bought EVERY single team that came out on E-Bay, they could not sell them at auction like they do. You CANNOT buy at auction in those numbers and sell the same items at auction. You can, but you'd leak money like a sieve.

Regards stripping, most stuff sold needs to be stripped. Only a small fraction of painted stuff is to a high standard, and comes up rarely.
bound for glory wrote:I think the whole "ebay figures are mostly piss poor paint jobs or recasts" is lazy man myth.

In fact, the last recast I got was from a member here. And he admitted it was recast after I questioned him about it :wink:
I'd politely have to disagree. A lot are poor paint jobs, or, my real bane, a nice paint job but someone failed to just give it a coat of protective varnish. Due to that, they've just worn away all the lovely work in handling the in gaming. Terrible shame. As for recasts, they are out there, and some sellers make an extremely comfortable living from it. A team selling for £60 to £90, and that seller selling each type of team a month. Some sellers have multiple selling accounts, that then adds up. Disappointing, but they just don't care. If you've watched for as long as I have, putting in the hours, you get to know availability. One such seller purchased from me. after that, they had that item for sale, more than a few times. They just happened to not have it, through all that time trading? Then had a few afterwards? Possible, but as time progresses, I think I'll see a substantial amount sold. Why'd they buy from me? They wanted the original to get a good copy. :evil:

I'd be interested in that seller you mention? PM me his name, it will go no farther. I've a substantial list on my wall of people that I won't touch with a bargepole, with very good reason. I've paid high prices for miniatures in the past, £86 for one, higher? I'd be pretty peeved myself. Anyone can make them, what does that achieve? I could make thousands, I never will, but if I paid £100 for a limited item of which there were only 125 of them out there, but the guy was making them, so there would effectively be tens of thousands over time, I'd be seething.
JT-Y wrote:^ That's a nonsense argument and you know it. A quick look at any inflation calculator values AU$8 in 1988 as AU$20 today, plus or minus a $ or two from one calculator to another.

So what you paid 28 years ago is exactly what people paid last weekend.
Not too sure how you mean that, as it can partly be read either way (I assume towards bound for glory). I think it is a big deal to get those miniatures for £20. Yes, the Star Players were £3 each when they initially came out (Rasta was cheaper as he was a standard player initially, later he was sold as a Star Player, if I'm correct), but to get them again, a good deal. Most (the majority of) Star Players go for between £5 to £10 on E-Bay and then you'll have to possibly spend time to strip them, plus they could have missing detail, be slightly damaged etc. Then you've got the time that it took to search and find them, and to wait for them to come up.
bound for glory wrote:OK. Almost as bad a point as "20 for 6 figures is a great price NOW A DAYS" right?

Talk to you latter boys. I have to take my son to hockey practice.Hes a big kid for 12 and he's a terror in the corners :D
You do make a point, but personally I think it's a good price. Plastic minis are what? £6, £10? I think it's good, but peoples perceptions of value are different, and I respect yours. Now tell me who that guy is who you bought from? :lol:

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Ill send you the name of the member that sent me a recast. But understand, that he admitted it was a recast of a quite popular GW blood bowl sculpt, he did'nt say otherwisw, and we both had a good laugh about it.

I already had the figure. In fact, I have the figure that was featured in White Dwarf, and painted by one of the 'eavy metal guys. Its the prize of my collection, and I payed quite a bit on it from the guy what painted it and got a signed copy of the WD it appeared in. 8)

Rick Sanchez lives!
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

no way to order this blitzer from now? :(
i have already several fig of this blitzer, but i would love to have the franki (currently my necro is using 2 lycos as golem, i would prefer to have another equivalent fig) and eldril

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

babass wrote:no way to order this blitzer from now? :(
i have already several fig of this blitzer, but i would love to have the franki (currently my necro is using 2 lycos as golem, i would prefer to have another equivalent fig) and eldril
Lotsa love for the original Frank, but do try to get your hands on a B7 tournament Funk'n'stein and match it with either the 5th edition citadel golem or with the original Frank!

I'm using the Lycos as a Chaos Ogre... too big to sit with Frank on a Necro team, though the right size to represent a St5 character....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

Yes, the original Frank'N'Stein was a great figure. I didn't go for the later version, seemed too slim and not as clunky (if that's a word?). That B7 is very good as well, good Hammer House of Horror type monster pose.

As for those Star Player prices,............

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blood-Bowl-Bu ... Sw1h5XQBeZ

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bugmans-XXXXX ... 2214419153

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blood-Bowl-St ... 2214419153

:smoking:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Digger Goreman wrote: I'm using the Lycos as a Chaos Ogre.....
Anyone else spot the irony?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler