Festival of BB

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Festival of BB

Post by Milo »

Back when I went to a GW Games Day, I remember they had a lot of fun "mini-games". Things that didn't require an in-depth knowledge of the rules, but rather something centered around a single game mechanic. For instance, you could do a "Sprint Training" game where people pretended to be a Blood Bowl player in pre-game practice: start on one end zone and see if you can get all the way down the field to the other end zone without rolling any 1s (allowing for infinite GFIs). Give prizes depending on how far someone gets, whether it be stickers or figures or just getting their name on a high-scores list.

You could do real-life minigames, too, like having a hoop to throw a nerf football through, or a "training" obstacle course (imagine blocking dummies with life-size orcs printed on them, like cardboard cutouts). Kids would love those.

Definitely cross-promote with the BB computer game. You should be able to get some laptops or Xboxes running the game, ideally in a demo mode -- or let people be playing them. Maybe have

Have a reading library with photocopies of old BB Magazines, 1st and 2nd edition rulebooks, etc. Comfortable chairs are always welcome to take a break from the excitement of the event. Definitely don't let people read the ORIGINALS.

Speed painting competitions are fun. Give a group of people access to paint sets and a single figure and 15/30 minutes to paint it up. Everyone keeps their figure; the winner could walk away with the paint set and brush as well. (Or do it as a for-pay event where people cover the cost of the paint set and keep it anyways.) Maybe GW could donate a bunch of plastic figures from the new set (or people who don't want the teams from the new set could donate them.)

Definitely see if you can get some top notch painters (both pros and amateurs) to loan teams to be on display. They don't have to actually see any action, just have them behind glass so that people can ooh and ahh over them. I second the suggestion for fancy stadiums -- and there are a bunch out there.

Demonstrations or displays of Dungeonbowl, Deathbowl, and the like.

Loop the Blood Bowl documentary (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZY6hLh7EA), although you may want to bleep a few moments.

Blood Bowl trivia pub quiz. (Pairs nicely with the reading library I mentioned above.)

Build your own dice towers. Get someone to laser cut a bunch of MDF templates so that people can follow some simple instructions and build something like http://www.ponoko.com/make-your-own/toy ... eet--10451

Reason: ''
Milo

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Festival of BB

Post by sann0638 »

My favourite card is the one that allows lots of GFIs, but each one is harder than the previous :)

We could borrow Lurtz or the Space Marine from GW for blocking practice!

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler