Big Deal for Impact! - calling anyone willing to help

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Big Deal for Impact! - calling anyone willing to help

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I was not sure where to post this ... a moderator is free to move it if they feel it should be somewhere else.

I love running Impact! and have for the 10 years it has been open. But in the 6 years I've run it full time it has only made enough money one year that I didn't need to take money from retirement savings to cover the bills (especially with all the medical bills I've faced the last 4 years). I have a lot of ideas to keep coming out with new teams to offer to all of you and I want to make that happen. These days ... a lot of my business profit is coming from dice. Fantasy Football sales are steady ... but dice for me are growing.

Which leads me to why I'm posting this.

I have a big KickStarter for me starting on Tuesday. I don't know if I have ever had a KickStarter that could be a game changer like this one.

It not only needs to fund but it really needs to get up around $30k for me to start the next phase of what comes next for my company. If it reaches that point I have an angel investor who will help me get make the D17 and D19 which will mean a whole new take on what RPGs can do as you'll be able to dice chain mechanics from D3 to D20. Also if we reach that point I'll be able to add a 9th color to my dice range for all my dice as well as have the funds to invest to research into turning all my dice into a glow in the dark product. So yeah ... $5,750 is the goal to do the small stuff ... $30,000 could make it for me for the near future.

My last dice KickStarter reached $33,000 so it is doable ... but I am hoping for help from my friends and Impact! supporters. If you are not interesting in pledging I totally understand ... if you could share the project when it goes live on Tuesday either through Facebook or Twitter or a forum you are on ... it would mean the world to me.

Honestly this KickStarter could be for me the difference between continuing to run Impact! full time and devoting my time to doing all I can with the company and needing to step back and add in extra income from other sources. So any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I know the project is not BB related directly ... but in that this really effects what happens next with Impact! ... I thought the appeal could be made here. Thanks for reading this and your time and consideration and all the support the community has given me the last 10 years.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... n=fdd4d75f

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Big Deal for Impact! - calling anyone willing to help

Post by Regash »

Since you've chosen Kickstarter, I can't be a backer, I'm afraid.
In Germany, payment methods that I feel comfortable with are not supported.

But still, wish you all the best for the project and really hope this will crack the 40K barrier for you to have some security. Image

Good luck, Tom! Image

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Regash wrote:Since you've chosen Kickstarter, I can't be a backer, I'm afraid.
In Germany, payment methods that I feel comfortable with are not supported.

But still, wish you all the best for the project and really hope this will crack the 40K barrier for you to have some security. Image

Good luck, Tom! Image
Happy to take a pledge outside of the KS Regash. If you'd like to back without going through KickStarter happy to work that out for you and make you a backer. Same for anyone else who does not use KickStarter.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Anything to keep you off them street corners rolling dice...

:lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

I was using your D11 at Gert bowl for Throw a rock events I know a lot of people were curious about it -- will point them in this direction, sure there will be interest in the other d(n) as well :)

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Count me in.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I'm in. No need for dice, but I'll support the cause

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Me too

I can see a use for several dice in BB.
For exampel the D11, as Maverick mentioned

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Will share gladly!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Thank you everyone ... I greatly appreciate it!

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Thank you everyone ... I greatly appreciate it!
I will also say good luck. Sadly if you just want a couple of dice the shipping cost being three times the product cost (as a none-American) just kills this. I realise that is your geograhical location so not really anything you can do about it.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Marlow wrote:
I will also say good luck. Sadly if you just want a couple of dice the shipping cost being three times the product cost (as a none-American) just kills this. I realise that is your geograhical location so not really anything you can do about it.
If I had a less expensive option to ship ... I would definitely offer it. But even 1 oz packages now are $15 with fees and packaging.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Marlow wrote:
If I had a less expensive option to ship ... I would definitely offer it. But even 1 oz packages now are $15 with fees and packaging.
Ouch, I didn't see that before.
I was thinking of making a $10 contribution, but the p&p of $15 sadly makes it a no go.

I'll probably just get the dice through a friend, who's got an online store in which he sells impact stuff (and others)

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Yeah, the increase in postage costs has pretty much ruined the trade or sale of small items from the USA to international buyers. A real shame.

neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

Gaixo wrote:Yeah, the increase in postage costs has pretty much ruined the trade or sale of small items from the USA to international buyers. A real shame.
Somebody needs to tell future President Trump, he'll sort it out.