Blood bowl site and unboxing...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Blood bowl site and unboxing...

Post by spubbbba »

Ithilkir wrote:
voyagers_uk wrote:Where has the Norse Runner gone?
He's back to being a catcher.
Looks like Norse Werewolves are back to being catchers though.

A lot of the players have had positions added now, oddly the Underworld troll has dropped Warpstone from its name.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Like Rolex I'm not really sure that Ogres 'need' Piling On.
Lack of PiOn might inspire ogre coaches to play better, rather than just try for most cas.
That said, Ogres are still a weak team.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

While I'm glad that the killstack has been nerfed, I'm a little sad they went that far overboard nerfing PiOn.
I would have preferred the solution that Geggster posted a few months ago: PiOn only works on a POW.
That PiOn is now at it's weakest on Big Guys is just weird.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Anyone else think the inducements phase is written somewhat wollily (if that's a word)? The way it reads it suggests to me that the high TV team chooses inducements based on added treasury, then the low TV team chooses inducements based on (high TV - low TV) + added treasury, meaning a team with a big gold advantage can choose to carry that onto the pitch.

sokomano
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sokomano »

Can someone make a photo to compare the teams with old version of miniatures (orcs + humans)
Just to see how big they are?
Thank you

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

plasmoid wrote:While I'm glad that the killstack has been nerfed, I'm a little sad they went that far overboard nerfing PiOn.
I would have preferred the solution that Geggster posted a few months ago: PiOn only works on a POW.
That PiOn is now at it's weakest on Big Guys is just weird.
Cheers
Martin
That would be a great fix to PiOn

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
drathul
Experienced
Experienced

Post by drathul »

Could someone please post a link to the team PDF?

Life, one continuous interruption to my sleep

Ian White
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Vothriller
Rookie
Rookie

Blood bowl site and unboxing...

Post by Vothriller »

sokomano wrote:Can someone make a photo to compare the teams with old version of miniatures (orcs + humans)
Thank you
I don't have a pic unfortunately but I compared my Norse team (converted chaos marauders minis) to the Human team and they were equal in size.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

sokomano wrote:Can someone make a photo to compare the teams with old version of miniatures (orcs + humans)
Thank you
Don't have the orcs but here is a comparison with the 2nd, 3rd and 5th edition human blitzers.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

seems the minis are just a lot broader

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Orcs? viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43263&start=165#p766760
Also a flatter version of humans at Dakka again.
Kaiowas wrote:seems the minis are just a lot broader
Nah, just big boned. :orc:

Meh size, probably all except certain EvilDorfs are smaller or tinier. :P

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

On the PO thing, I just feel a little weird and that the impact on teams such as Humans is worth noting. Their player removal ability takes a stark fall. I don't think anyone begrudged a POMB human blitzer and I think this is where the slow move of humans to tier two might continue which is sad considering the fluff and the fact its one of the base races.

edit

I did have a think of when you might successfully use PO with the TRR and came up with the thought that it might not be an awful thing to have more RRs at a really high TV and set aside an amount per half to use on PO, but then that means you will not be able to use a TRR on anything else that turn so the blitz (which is expected to be the main use of a PO player) would come toward the end of the turn?

I think GW succeeded in getting the impact on the game they wanted (less ClawPOMB) but have also ended up with less PO in general which really narrows the scope of builds for some teams. Now this might drastically change the meta and have more tackle, diving tackle, stand firm etc positional play but there has to remain an element of blood to this game whereby a team can get shredded and it seems even more reliant on just dice to happen. Good teams give you one block per turn except for kick off situations or unexpected turnovers so PO gave you an opportunity to make that a little bit more worthwhile.

Also I actually really liked the new Grab rules until they went and undid that change. That would have made for a more interesting tactical approach to attacking or defending and would have been a bump for in my opinion a lower tier skill. Instead they counter errata-ed that back to just on a block. Makes sense fluff wise but was an opportunity to shake things up in a way that shouldnt mess with the balance of the races etc.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

The KillStack is only a problem in online play where a coach can play multiple matches in a day and have a team full of legends in a few months. We play tabletop leagues here non-stop for ten years and it has never been a problem. I've played killer Nurgle for 4 seasons, over a calendar year, and only managed to build one ClawPomber.

So to change what are supposed to be the core rules to only affect online play seems like a shortsighted view of the game. I caught some flack on Three Die Block for saying this set seems like it was designed by talented designers who had no knowledge of BB past this last year or two. This emphasis on improving online play with no regard for tabletop only reinforces my view.

When the local commishes meet to go over these proposed new rules and we decide what to use and what not to use, I will be voting against these overly complicated and unnecessary (in tabletop) KillStack nerfs.

That said, there is still way more good than bad/weird with this new GW BB stuff. I'm just scratching my head at some of the decisions.

LOVE the Nurgle name changes! But why did the Stormvermin not get their rightful name back? Or the Longbeards? So weird!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

SunDevil wrote:
When the local commishes meet to go over these proposed new rules and we decide what to use and what not to use, I will be voting against these overly complicated and unnecessary (in tabletop) KillStack nerfs.

That said, there is still way more good than bad/weird with this new GW BB stuff. I'm just scratching my head at some of the decisions.

LOVE the Nurgle name changes! But why did the Stormvermin not get their rightful name back? Or the Longbeards? So weird!
unfortunately i dont have the support of an established TT community and was hoping the rerelease would create some buzz locally and I'd be fairly certain any new league or group might stick with what GW print initially