60k Human catcher

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 60k Human catcher

Post by Sandwich »

I asked a question on Twitter about the upcoming event at WHW and both James and Andy replied within a few hours, so I'm happy enough. They definitely seem to be engaging more.

Of course, I don't believe JT-Y's "reasons" for knowing stuff. I think he's actually the GW CEO/evil mastermind. And come the end of November he will in fact unleash the new BB boxset, which will contain nothing of the stuff we've seen online so far, but will have a Space Marine team. Or maybe multiple teams so they can sell one for each chapter...

Reason: ''
Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

But you'll have to buy a big expensive book for each of the Chapter Rosters.

garyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garyt »

60K human catchers will soon be crowding us out everywhere, taking our balls and racing past our lines!

A minor pricing improvement is a pleasing thing considering how changes could be. If one price change is being made I would be surprised if it is the only one by the time all the races are rereleased. I can easily forsee a couple of Big Guys being slightly reduced. Or maybe even some key player, on a tier 1 team, like a Wardancer being made slightly more expensive. If only doing price changes then change of snotlings price to 10k would be most welcome.

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Human catchers were pretty poor, to be perfectly honest. They were super fragile, but didn't have a very good agility to make up for the disadvantage.

They require so many skills to get them to be any good that most players just use the (super good) Blitzers as their catchers (and rely on team re-rolls and such).

I remember one suggested fix was to give them a higher AV, but re-costing them could be pretty helpful too.

I'm ok with these little changes- except that I already have a nice board, so I'm likely to just pass on the new box set and keep playing with my Icepelt book.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

why in the world is the human catcher, from the fluff pov, still st2???

Mean to say, as strong as a weedie gobbo? :-?

Rick Sanchez lives!
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

bound for glory wrote:why in the world is the human catcher, from the fluff pov, still st2???

Mean to say, as strong as a weedie gobbo? :-?
I try to think of strength as something more than just physical strength. A Gobbo is strength 2 because they are devious, nasty little shits who know where to poke a guy and make it hurt, hence ST 2. Or a Skaven, who are just bigger giant rats (but still smaller than Humans) have sharp ass teeth and nails being ST 3. Orcs could be just ST 3 because despite their size compared to Humans, could be not very coordinated or smart enough to use their strength properly or some such fluff reason.

My two cents, anyway. :wink:

Winning... it beats losing.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Good way to look at it, az.

Rick Sanchez lives!
TheAzman