60k Human catcher

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

60k Human catcher

Post by Bakunin »

So 60k human catchers.

That means Humans is the 6th team to break the design rules, since they also get 10k discount on the throwers.
40k for the catchers, 20k for the throwers = 60k (20k over the limit).

Reason: ''
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: 60k Human catcher

Post by stashman »

Where can I read it?

Maybe more teams will change in cost!

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

stashman wrote:Where can I read it?

Maybe more teams will change in cost!

i couldn't see it anywhere either but would be interesting. To be honest, I am a human advocate and normally I would broadly steer clear of the catcher. They take a lot of skills to be worth anything on defense and ag3 isn't that reliable in the passing game that you want to sling the ball around. they aren't great ball carriers and to me the biggest purpose is a hand off to run it in same turn or helping get the 1ttd or 2ttd.

so what I'm trying to say that although the formula says they should be 70k, they often don't live up to it and definitely wouldn't be the type of positional you load up on (nor are you regularly getting two of the other cost rule breaker Thrower). Maybe a shift to 60k sees them get more roster time and makes their fragility a little easier to swallow

i could be way off base with my opinion but that is what it is

stashman

Post by stashman »

I liked the Cyanide/CRP+ catcher with AV8

We play crp+ and for the first time in 12 years of gaming I have 4 catchers in my human team.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

To me, not using using a catcher (or at least not more than one) in a human team was not a matter of 10k here and there. A catcher didn't contribute much to the game offensively or defensively, instead he was i liability because ST2 /AV7, always being targeted by killerblitzers. This ends upp in higher chance to take out catchers and as a result having to play with fewer players than if fielding linemens instead.

I don't see 60k changing the meta game a lot. Maybe in environments where tackle is uncommon.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

You'll see it when the new edition is released, but it has been spotted at shows where sharp eyed people have seen the change in printed stuff arranged for view behind glass.

Human catchers did need a tweak to help the team out. It was suggested by Jervis along with the change to IP and the suggestion that they look at ClawPOMB and, even though that hasn't been changed yet, they have talked to some very knowledgeable people to get some suggestions and they will continue to gather feedback about it.
For the Catcher, they toyed with either the reduced cost or making them AV8.
In the end they went with the reduced cost as the new team was well along the production cycle and the Catcher models, just like the catchers from the 3 humans teams before this one, are more lightly armoured than the rest of the team. Also a cost reduction is a smaller change value wise than changing the AV.

Personally I don't think it'll make a big difference to how the teams plays, but it might be a bit less of a sting to replace a Catcher when they get horribly murdered in league play.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The 10K discount is a small boost to humans, but most teams only take 1 or 2 at low TV and maybe go up to 3 at the higher range.

The trouble is that AG3 dodging, catching the throwing is not that reliable even with a skill reroll and their low ST and AV make them a prime target. MA8 is great, but they really need a stat increase as there are only a couple of good normal skills worth taking for them.

80K Blitzers would have been a bigger change since 4 of them are a must, but that might have been too much of a change.

Humans do need subs so making the catchers cheaper is not a bad thing if they'll be spending half the game on the bench.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

60k Human catcher

Post by Shteve0 »

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
stashman

Post by stashman »

Give us MORE!!!

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

I really like the crp+ av8 catcher.. But the team does bot live up to its fluff and needs an overhaul.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

This is so good!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

I like it! Most people agree they needed some sort of buff, whether that's a +St or +Av, but this works too. Maybe we'll start seeing the mythical four catcher human builds..?

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

stashman wrote:Give us MORE!!!
https://twitter.com/Imperial_Truth/stat ... 9811140608
That one in higher resolution and another page. It's rather "old" (Jul 17).

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I'm glad that they've done a Little something to buff humans.
But I think that the option they've chosen will do disappointingly little.

I can see how 80K blitzers could be tempting, but the way I see it, it is the catcher that is the problem.
Unlike most other positionals in the game, it just isn't clearly worth having. Some use none or one. Some use a few. Few use all 4. Compare that to - say - Black Orcs.
Like Stashman, I think that the problem is that ST2 and AV7 makes him too much of a liability. It is nice to have one or two on offense. On defense, they're huge targets - and you'd (too) often just prefer to have a lineman.
That's why I prefer AV8 catchers.

60K Catchers may be enough of a Price cut to convince some to have a catcher on the bench for the 1 or 2 turn drives.
But it won't make catchers a good positional.
IMO.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

I play humans (albeit not for very long, I'm relatively new) and don't take catchers just 'cos they're so weedy, and the human passing game isn't much stronger!

With that said, for just 10k more than a lineman, I can now have a very mobile (helped by Dodge) assist giver, or something to run into my opponents' half to distract, which is what I'd probably use them for.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.