60k Human catcher

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Re: 60k Human catcher

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Jip,
like Stashman. I use 2 for blitzer-like duties: Blodge + Dauntless.
When playing NTBB, where they have AV8, I develop 2 more once the first pair have gained those skills.

I think a number of ideas have been discussed in the past, and it looks like GW have opted for the smallest buff. Which (IMO) is better than no buff at all.
*60K: Looks like it will ammount to a 10-30K TV reduction on the team.
*Diving Catch: Human catchers do not have an impressive statline. And they don't even catch all that well. A 3-skill human is not unprecedented, so it could be done.
*Some other minor skill: As stated, 3-skill-humans aren't unheard of. No doubt some nice options here. Milo mentions Fend.
*AV+: As others have stated here, ST2/AV7 is quite the liability compared to a lineman. AV8 makes them less of a liability on drives that aren't a 1 or 2 turn offenses. That said, some feel that AV8 catchers aren't fluffy.
*AG+: Powerful. Kind of like Gutter Runners for humans. Will (IMO) alter the way the team plays quite significantly - and probably make the thrower completely redundant.
*ST+: Powerful. This too (IMO) would make Humans a different team. 4 super fast blitzers on top of the 4 ordinary blitzers. Like ghouls with MA+ and Catch.

Cheers
Martin

Reason: ''
Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all - especially JT-Y:
Human catchers did need a tweak to help the team out. It was suggested by Jervis along with the change to IP and the suggestion that they look at ClawPOMB and, even though that hasn't been changed yet, they have talked to some very knowledgeable people to get some suggestions and they will continue to gather feedback about it.
For the Catcher, they toyed with either the reduced cost or making them AV8.
Change to IP? Could you elaborate?
Cheers
Martin

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

plasmoid wrote:Change to IP? Could you elaborate?
Intellectual Property?

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

plasmoid wrote:Hi all - especially JT-Y:
Human catchers did need a tweak to help the team out. It was suggested by Jervis along with the change to IP and the suggestion that they look at ClawPOMB and, even though that hasn't been changed yet, they have talked to some very knowledgeable people to get some suggestions and they will continue to gather feedback about it.
For the Catcher, they toyed with either the reduced cost or making them AV8.
Change to IP? Could you elaborate?
Cheers
Martin
I believe Illegal Procedure is an optional rule now.

Milo

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Milo is correct.

IP, illegal procedure, which I think I'm safe in saying no one here ever bothers with, is something that new players always bother with because it's right there as an essential rule at the very beginning of the CRP. And it's a horrible rule that punishes new players for enthusiasm.
So now it's included as an optional rule.

But I suppose it is fair to say that some bits of the intellectual property are being tweaked as well. Don't worry, it's not getting the Age of Sigmar treatment, but some names and similar are being tweaked to make them better. Pro Elves is a prime example. Ages ago they dropped Pro from the name because it suggests that the other elf teams are amateur by association, now they've become Elf Union because that nicely reflects the character of the team.
There are a lot of other examples which you will see in time, and I think that anyone who cares about such things will be pleasantly surprised by these tweaks.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

How do you know all this?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Nice.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

lunchmoney wrote:How do you know all this?
I worked for Fanatic and GW, Andy is a good friend, we talk about BB a lot. I don't claim any super secret knowledge but I am fortunate to be able to ask direct questions about stuff and get direct answers. Stuff I'm allowed to share I share but nothing here hasn't been announced and talked about at events and seminars.
At the end of the day they want us to know all this stuff because they want us to feel confident about the new edition and be as excited as they are. I think this new approach is to be applauded.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

The Elves are unionising? Should we expect strikes? Leaping pickets?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JT-Y wrote:I worked for Fanatic and GW, Andy is a good friend, we talk about BB a lot. I don't claim any super secret knowledge but I am fortunate to be able to ask direct questions about stuff and get direct answers. Stuff I'm allowed to share I share but nothing here hasn't been announced and talked about at events and seminars.
Ok, then :)

JT-Y wrote:At the end of the day they want us to know all this stuff because they want us to feel confident about the new edition and be as excited as they are. I think this new approach is to be applauded.
Completely agree. The fact they have made a website shows they are also embracing the 21st century. Maybe the next step should be to become active in online communities....

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Raveen wrote:The Elves are unionising? Should we expect strikes? Leaping pickets?
Totally.
Already renamed my team the Elfheim Activists, and the Blitzers Arthur Scargill and Mick McGahey.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Both Andy and James are pretty good at posting directly in the BB Community group on Facebook. They answer questions and offer insight a lot. And of course they interact directly with people posting on the GW BB page.
But I think there's a general distrust of forums within the studio that stems from GW's own forum and others where the guys at the time had some horrible experiences with anonymous trolling before it was even fashionable. On Facebook people can't hide their identity so much and nastiness comes back to bite them in the arse in front of family and colleagues.
Not that that is the case here, but we can both name the same troll who would make it the case.

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Elyoukey wrote:you may want to screen your ball carrier and the 8 MA allow you to get in the correct square without gfi

-dodge allow you to tag some bigger rookie targets like saurus and black orcs, just tying them up for 1 turn can be useful. And then dodge away with the dodge skill.
Both those things leave him likely to be walloped though, particularly when left standing toe-to-toe (talon?) with black orcs and/or saurus. Am I just being to precious with them, when I should actually be more sacrificial? :-?

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JT-Y wrote: Not that that is the case here, but we can both name the same troll who would make it the case.
Yes we can :lol:

I didnt know about FB 'cos I avoid like the plague. But well done them for engaging :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

James at least is fairly active on Twitter too. Although mostly not BB related.