Trumpkin out, Twelfman in

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Trumpkin out, Twelfman in

Post by Twelfman »

Hello all,

For those of you that care, I've changed my NAF/Blood Bowl name. Originally, around 2007/8, I went by the name Guffle on most of my interwebs thingamajigs. Then I read the Chronicles of Narnia, and there's a minor character called Trumpkin. I liked the name, it conjured up ideas of olde englishe country bumpkininess. I combined the two (Guffle Trumpkin, if you google that you can find my old Yahoo Answers, Flickr etc), which eventually got shortened to just Trumpkin.

I've had the occasional person ask if I'm Donald Trump affiliated (which to be fair to them, is not a ridiculous assumption to make). It was funny the first time or two, but as a bleeding heart leftie it's not a name I think I should parade around in light of recent events. Mostly because I don't want people to make any assumptions about me and thus treat me differently. If someone turned up to a tourney with the NAF name FarageFriend, or BlairMate, or ThatcherWasTheBest, you'd probably have an impression of them, good or ill. When I play Blood Bowl I want it to be for fun, as far removed from politics and whatnot as I can (well, until I get drunk at Thrudd and argue about it until 3am - sorry for those that were there!)

With that in mind, I took the decision to change my name from Trumpkin to Twelfman. It's sort of similar at a glance, and it manages to quite nicely encompass my Blood Bowl persona (Elves and cheating (ACCIDENTALLY ONE TIME)). It's more unique too, which is always nice. Not unique enough that some bugger hasn't managed to use it on twitter and abandon it seven years ago. I'd considered Twelfthman, but that already has associations in some circles and that sequence of lfthm in the middle isn't exactly fun or easy to pronounce!

So if you're looking for me on here or Fumbbl or whatevs, I'm probably still around, just with a better, sleeker, some might say sexier, svelter name.

Twelfman out!

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Trumpkin out, Twelfman in

Post by frogboy »

Jeezus 12thcheatman, did someone pick all the good letters already!

:lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

hey look theres that TRUMP supporter who cheats at blood bowl, like all the time, lets point at him :lol:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
nightwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nightwing »

Twelfman wrote:Hello all,

For those of you that care, I've changed my NAF/Blood Bowl name. Originally, around 2007/8, I went by the name Guffle on most of my interwebs thingamajigs. Then I read the Chronicles of Narnia, and there's a minor character called Trumpkin. I liked the name, it conjured up ideas of olde englishe country bumpkininess. I combined the two (Guffle Trumpkin, if you google that you can find my old Yahoo Answers, Flickr etc), which eventually got shortened to just Trumpkin.

I've had the occasional person ask if I'm Donald Trump affiliated (which to be fair to them, is not a ridiculous assumption to make). It was funny the first time or two, but as a bleeding heart leftie it's not a name I think I should parade around in light of recent events. Mostly because I don't want people to make any assumptions about me and thus treat me differently. If someone turned up to a tourney with the NAF name FarageFriend, or BlairMate, or ThatcherWasTheBest, you'd probably have an impression of them, good or ill. When I play Blood Bowl I want it to be for fun, as far removed from politics and whatnot as I can (well, until I get drunk at Thrudd and argue about it until 3am - sorry for those that were there!)

With that in mind, I took the decision to change my name from Trumpkin to Twelfman. It's sort of similar at a glance, and it manages to quite nicely encompass my Blood Bowl persona (Elves and cheating (ACCIDENTALLY ONE TIME)). It's more unique too, which is always nice. Not unique enough that some bugger hasn't managed to use it on twitter and abandon it seven years ago. I'd considered Twelfthman, but that already has associations in some circles and that sequence of lfthm in the middle isn't exactly fun or easy to pronounce!

So if you're looking for me on here or Fumbbl or whatevs, I'm probably still around, just with a better, sleeker, some might say sexier, svelter name.

Twelfman out!
Per game :lol:

Scrumpy Scramble (2017), Foul Bowl 2016, SAWBBowl 2017- International Glowworm Award
Auld World Masters 2017- Most Casualties
Chimera Cup 2017- Most Touchdowns
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

not a bad idea to change your name but im sure you have a fair few folks that know you by the old name which will be odd for a while!

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

What? You're only played elfs once? :lol:
Cheers 12thman

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sadly it's not as easy to de-Trump my country.

(apologies for deviating from our no-politics rule. And apologies to actual trumpers on this board, your guy has four years to prove me wrong).

AHEM. Back to Blood Bowl!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

How the hell did you manage to have 12 players on an elf team?? I can never keep them alive long enough to try that...

PS its only cheating if you get caught...

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

How does fwomp fit in to all this?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

sann0638 wrote:How does fwomp fit in to all this?
That was the first thing that came to my head when I was trying to come up with a new reddit name after my old one... er, I can't remember. But something.

Also, I think after doing a smidge of research there's something slightly, er, dodgy about it in certain circles.

rakkzul
Experienced
Experienced

Post by rakkzul »

If we ever met in a tourny can I call you twelve? Will be hard for my spanish tongue to pronounce your name correctly :orc:

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Maybe in the next tournament you organise all teams should be allowed to field 12 players.

sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

Only elfs, but you have to use twelve lineman

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Whoops, didn't mean to bump this, was playing with buttons. Ignore me!

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Well I quite liked the name "Trumpkin", or atleast the ramblings about Shadowing and Stand Firm. :orc:
But let people think what they think, you dont always choose your own nickname.

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."