Gutter Runners get new skill in new edition...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Gutter Runners get new skill in new edition...

Post by spubbbba »

There is a fine balancing act between characterful rules and over-complexity.

I remember when 40K went from 2nd edition to 3rd they simplified it massively and there were only about 4 or 5 possible weapon types and a dozen or so special universal rules for units. Then they added several new weapons and rules with every codex and it soon became massively bloated with later editions making some rules obsolete in older books.

So I hope they don't add too many special rules just for the sake of it to complicate things. I quite liked the 2nd edition werewolf dog related rules with them taking a leak on treemen and preventing skeletons from regening due to burring their bones. But am glad they didn't make it into 3rd edition.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Stupid rule. In a face to face league, probably wouldn't be used. If it makes an online league, I could see an increase of hard feelings.

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

I like the rule, but im also bias: Image

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Centipede
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Centipede »

How exactly does the new rule work with apothecaries? I know the apothecary isn't a reroll so the dagger roll would be first, but if you roll a badly hurt from the apothecary, do you get to roll for the MNG then?

Djay
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Djay »

Centipede wrote:How exactly does the new rule work with apothecaries? I know the apothecary isn't a reroll so the dagger roll would be first, but if you roll a badly hurt from the apothecary, do you get to roll for the MNG then?
No, because a Badly Hurt + Apo puts the player in reserves immediately. Weeping Dagger won't apply.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Djay's right. But if anyone can tell me any other way of rerolling an injury that would mean that clause is required that'd be great.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re:

Post by JT-Y »

Shteve0 wrote:Djay's right. But if anyone can tell me any other way of rerolling an injury that would mean that clause is required that'd be great.
Piling On. But no one ever talks about that skill so I can see how you missed it.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

He meant rerolling a casualty roll I believe. As you probably knew. ;)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

I know.

There's nothing, so probably think of it as a belt and braces line to future proof the rule. If one day they add something else that allows a reroll similar to the Apothecary.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik