Full Beart cup: Going for the stunty cup!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Full Beart cup: Going for the stunty cup!

Post by Scrappa »

I looked at all sorts of other teams. And when you're not a stunty team, being able to afford star players is much harder than I remember it being.

Maybe it's because I've played Stunties for so long, but being able to buy pretty much as many star players as you want has spoiled me.

I really, really thought it would be fun to play Hubris Rakarth leading a Dark Elf team. It was not to be as all I could think of was, "What if someone takes a Master Chef. Those 2+s won't be so nice then without any rerolls."

And I tried to figure out a way to use Ramtut and Khemri, but I'd have to give up either the 4 Tom b Guard or being mildly competent at literally anything other than standing there and hoping they can't dodge past my guys.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Full Beart cup: Going for the stunty cup!

Post by lunchmoney »

The one team the wifelet and I both enjoy playing is Strictly Come Wardancing. 2 Wardancers, 9 lineelfs, Jordel. This comes to 1,130,000.
No rerolls is liberating.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Off topic, but I'm really enjoying death roller racing these days. Consequently, Strictly Come Wardancing sounds *amazing*

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

I generally play stupid/weird/whacky rosters at 1.1m, so the extra 200k is awesome.

I'm considering an elf (pro/union/whatever) roster with 4 stars, though 3 is more likely.
I was giving a lot of thought to a goblin team with 16 players, 5 of whom have secret weapon. It would actually be perfect if 3 bribes were allowed, but since we're only allowed one ( :cry: ) I'm less than convinced.

I've taken a dwarf roster once at 1.1m which contained tractor, chainsaw, and bomber... at 1.3m I could take a bribe, bump up the positionals, and maybe even buy a reroll. Though the 1.1m build was properly awesome because you got 3 double skills, so I had a side-step slayer and frenzy on the roller...

All of these things are rather tempting... :P

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
lagoon83
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lagoon83 »

Anyone who's bringing a wacky team, please come and find the commentators in a quiet moment. We'd love to get a few of you on camera at some point!

ManticoreRich
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ManticoreRich »

Does a demonic sprite themed Halfling team (with only 2 trees) count as 'wacky'?

lagoon83
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lagoon83 »

I would say that... yes, it does.