New Coach Locator tool now in beta

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

New Coach Locator tool now in beta

Post by Shteve0 »

We're getting close to release now... so here's a new feature for http://theendzone.co!

Head to http://theendzone.co/finder to browse other blood bowl players, leagues and tournaments in your neck of the woods! Addresses are approximate to suburbs for hopefully obvious reasons... register to the site to add yourself, your league or your tournament to the map. Opt out by leaving your address blank.

Enjoy!

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: New Coach Locator tool now in beta

Post by sann0638 »

Love the new icons with writing on.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks Mike!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

Hi,
For beta then a feedback:
It is supposed to be working also on mobile Apple devices?
At least on my iPad the map does not seem to work right now.

Cheers

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks for the heads up. Is it just not loading?

Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

hmn did you change something?
Now it is working. Earlier it was simply not loading and grey.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yeah, I was working on it some more last night - though its a happy coincidence if I fixed this issue, because I was just trying to speed up the script!

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Can you get it to use the location of the visitor ? It's good to see there's blood bowlers in new Zealand, but that's not really relevant for a lot of us :D

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

:D

I'm running into a glitch with the CDN, where its not tracking the IP of the visitor properly. By default it should track to your location. In the meantime you can use the teleporter, but yes, I hope to fix that this week.

Incidentally, if you're having trouble staying logged in across multiple visits, its the same underlying issue.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Bump! If you're buying the game this week, or keen to be contacted by coaches in your area who are, there are worse places to start than with our all new coach, event and league finder!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Isnt there one of these already on the NAF site?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

No, just a list by country, and members only. There's a league locator but you can't join them. And there's not an event locator that I've seen.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

There is a tournament locator, which gets automatically updated. There is also the league locator.

Ideally this would drag tournaments from the NAF automatically, but don't know if that is possible.

The coach locator is something we wanted for the NAF, but now that it's here we can concentrate limited resources on other stuff.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by mepmuff »

Shteve0 wrote:I'm running into a glitch with the CDN, where its not tracking the IP of the visitor properly. By default it should track to your location. In the meantime you can use the teleporter, but yes, I hope to fix that this week.
If it's turning out problematic to solve, how about defaulting to a full world view?

Another small thing: Would it be possible to have the even and group icons in the top layer? Right now these are hidden in some areas due to the sheer number of coaches.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Good thinking Michel!

I've pulled out the default zoom and recentered on Baghdad :)

There's a filter in the bottom left of the screen for hiding people, events and/or groups. For example, attached is a map just showing events...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.