Gobbos go to Warhammer World!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Gobbos go to Warhammer World!

Post by Scrappa »

So the Blood Bowl tournament was on this weekend. It was a blast, but I am afraid my Gobbos didn't quite dominate like they did last time.

First game was against humans: I failed to pick up the ball 3 times before finally picking it up and going in for a score. Dodging was atrocious, with 5/8 dodge rolls failing during the game.
Final score: 1-0.

Second game was Orcs - Failed to pick up the ball twice, then picked up the ball and scored. Second half, he went first, took his first block against my trolls on a one die block, knocked him down, killed him and he failed to regenerate.. Ripper double skulled, failed his loner and fell down. 2 goblins died and I couldn't stop him in time to prevent a touchdown. I then failed to pick up the ball 3 times in a row and the game ended. Did manage to take out 4 of his guys, but it doesn't matter when you can't pick up the ball.

Final sccore: 1-1

The third game was Chaos Dwarfs. They went first. Took their first block of the game, killed my troll who failed to regenerate. I tried to dodge away, failed, he killed a few of my goblins and I then went first. I pushed a few people with Ripper and my remaining troll and my now-required-to-be-on-the-field secret weapons. Failed to pick up the ball twice, he picked it up with a hobgoblin and scored. He kicked off to me. I failed to pick up the ball. He killed more goblins and scored. Repeat.

Final score: 5-0. I did pick up the ball once. So that was a thing.

Fourth game was against Norse. Killed Wilhelm Chaney with a chainsaw. Failed to pick up the ball.
Final score: 3-2.

Final game was against Norse. Killed 4 of his guys in the first few turns. Failed to pick up the ball a lot.

Final score: 1-1.

Total tally for rolls:

20 attempts to pick up the ball.
6 successes. The vast majority of which was against a 3+. Yes. I scored 5/6 times I actually picked up the ball.

Attempted to dodge 34 times. Succeeded 15 times this weekend. That includes dodge rerolls.

Trolls were knocked down 8 times. Armor penetrated with no mighty blow or claw 3 times. Died twice.

So what I need are some goblin tactics that don't involve being able to pick up the ball or dodge, I guess?

Reason: ''
Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Gobbos go to Warhammer World!

Post by Marlow »

What list did you use?

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Confused by your score lines, so can't see if you went 2-2-1 or 1-2-2? Either is good but the first is more impressive. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

Darkson wrote:Confused by your score lines, so can't see if you went 2-2-1 or 1-2-2? Either is good but the first is more impressive. ;)
1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses.

I just. Couldn't. Pick. Up. The Ball. Or dodge.

It was embarassingly bad.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Clearly, you should work on picking up the ball and dodging better. That's my advice.

Seriously, though, every BB coach knows that there are some days that nothing goes right. Nuffle will smile on you again.

Milo

Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Tactics for not picking up the ball or dodging?

Easy.

Kill the opponent's entire team during the first half, making sure not to concede more than 3 touchdowns.
Second half: they can't set up, so you get a TD and move turn marker along 2... repeat that 4 times, job done.

You're welcome :wink:

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Scrappa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Scrappa »

Hahah, thanks for letting me vent, guys. The Chaos Dwarf player destroyed me and would have done regardless of my rolls - That and Dwarfs is a bad matchup. The others, I am fairly confident I could have won. Unfortunately, I couldn't dodge or pick up the ball. Next time!