BB2016 Changes Making It Into OBBLM?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

Just wondering what the plans were to implement the changes that came in the new box.

We are rebooting our league and are revisiting all our house rules, so would like to stay in sync with our NAF hosted OBBLM site and not have to add a bunch of 'pen & paper' fixes.

Happy to help bug test or whatever else us non-technically inclined can do!

Reason: ''
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: BB2016 Changes Making It Into OBBLM?

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

The team has already started to identify the changes needed. Obvious changes are implementable rather quickly. Others, deriving from the new league rules approach will probably take more time (identification and programming).

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Will there be options to leave it as it is?

I know, for example, that my league commish (Darkson) will be continuing to use Icepelt/CRP and our league is on the NAF OBBLM.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

Right now for us it is just having to manually fix every human catcher, but I'm sure there is more to it I'm not yet considering!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

lunchmoney wrote:Will there be options to leave it as it is?

I know, for example, that my league commish (Darkson) will be continuing to use Icepelt/CRP and our league is on the NAF OBBLM.
Yes

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Guy in Suit wrote:Right now for us it is just having to manually fix every human catcher, but I'm sure there is more to it I'm not yet considering!
If you have your own install and are only making this change, you can make it for all existing and future catchers in the lrb6 rules file in the /lib/ directory. Then run your database synchronisation tools in the admin panel

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

We are running via the NAF, so I don't believe that's an option for us. (Could be wrong, I didn't understand the latter half of what you said!)

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Cool. Craig and I are working on rosters and stars first. Hope to have some news by the weekend.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Definitely looking forward to the update! We've got a new season starting with the new year, trying out the new league rules and everything.

Thanks for all the work you all do on it!

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Any news on this one? :D

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is that we're ready with the file. The bad news is we've run into an issue with the way the stats are stored and it's looking like without a total rethink of the rules management we might be facing an all or nothing for the update. Will need some more time.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Oh dear... Do we need to have a different database and config for the whole of BB2016?

Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

Can we push forward with the fix to the Human roster and worry about the league end bit later?

As is I am staring down two dozen new faces looking to get into the game, many of which will play their new humans, with no clue how this works.

Please don't make us poor commissioners suffer through all the questions and paper fixes! :D

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Even if you don't have access to the settings file, you can change each catcher manually. Unless you have a LOT of human teams, this shouldn't take much effort.

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms »

Gaixo wrote:Even if you don't have access to the settings file, you can change each catcher manually. Unless you have a LOT of human teams, this shouldn't take much effort.
Can this only be done after the team is created? What if I can't actually create my team because the old price on Catchers makes them over-budget?

Help me, please Blood Bowl Santa! :)

Proud Owner of [i]The Nordland Lions[/i]