BB2016 Changes Making It Into OBBLM?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: BB2016 Changes Making It Into OBBLM?

Post by Gaixo »

Only after. So it does take some back and forth.

- Buy the catchers
- Contact the commissioner
- Wait a while
- Hear back from the commissioner
- Buy the rest of the team.

But again, how many human teams does your league have? Did everyone rush to play them when catchers became cheap? :P

Reason: ''
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

Gaixo wrote: But again, how many human teams does your league have? Did everyone rush to play them when catchers became cheap? :P
Local shop is starting up a League in Jan and we have 7 Human teams out of 30 players. That is the power of the new boxed set. It was less than a minute each to correct and refund 10-20k to each team.

Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

There are some builds that cannot be created because of the incorrect cost of the catchers - not to mention it sends the wrong message about whether the NAF is in fact supporting the new rules vs. the old.

I guess I'll just grin an bear it and do it all by hand, but needless to say it is disappointing to say the least.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

It's a free suite of software... I wouldn't be disappointed at all. The work the folks do for free, is amazing.

There's also a thread in the Digital Format that has a fix for the original OLBBM.

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

You are misinterpreting my post.

It's not disappointing that there is no update - an update already exists!

It's disappointing that the NAF hosted OBBLM is not applying the update, despite the NAF's stance on the new rules. So my only option if my league wants to use the currently supported rules is to remove our league from the NAF hosting, host our own site, lose all our history, etc. etc.

It's just a bizarre state of limbo.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Guy in Suit wrote:You are misinterpreting my post.

It's not disappointing that there is no update - an update already exists!

It's disappointing that the NAF hosted OBBLM is not applying the update, despite the NAF's stance on the new rules. So my only option if my league wants to use the currently supported rules is to remove our league from the NAF hosting, host our own site, lose all our history, etc. etc.

It's just a bizarre state of limbo.
Please mind we also have existing leagues to take care of. Making the change will require the same work on their end. Also we do not want to make update upon update upon update. Thirdly, not last, it needs to be done by somebody.

This being said, the update is underway and communication will be out there pretty soon. Talking weeks, not months.

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Guy in Suit
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guy in Suit »

Awesome news!

Sadly all I can offer to help is that my league is happy to help beta test and what not - we are all very excited for BB2016 and all the new players taking the plunge!