Questions for a Q&A about the new rules - please contribute

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Questions for a Q&A about the new rules - please contrib

Post by Babs »

I had a go at distilling all that, adding it to the original post.

Galak - is there an 'official' answer from Andy Hoare that you can share about the passing rules and wrestle?

(BTW - timeframe for me emailing Andy is this Friday - AEST).

Reason: ''
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

[quote="Babs"]I had a go at distilling all that, adding it to the original post.
[quote]
I think you missed my post -

Quetion: Post Match Sequence (page 24) Section 2 - Update team Stats
Add Cas to Casualties section - only count if they qualified towards earning SPP as per page 21. Which says has to be a completive match and not foul, stab, etc.
Therefore as written you get zero team Casualties in a friendly match as you cannot earn SPP and thus none of your casualties count? Is that intended?

Question:
The wording on Magic Sponge no longer says heal the player. If a player is moved to reserves who is dead are they still dead at the end of the game? If they have -AG or other stat bust it that in effect for the rest of the match and do they miss the next game?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Babs wrote:Galak - is there an 'official' answer from Andy Hoare that you can share about the passing rules and wrestle?
Official ... not sure I can say official. I do know from talking to the folks working on the rules (not just Andy) that Wrestle and the Passing Rules were both not meant to be changed and will be heading back to the CRP wording. 99.9999% confidence on this. But no ... I have no ability to speak on an "official" answer as I am just a normal citizen.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Thanks for organizing this Babs.

My league has a rookie and perpetual division so integrating new teams isn't a problem. However, the perpetual league is dramatically affected by the end of season rules in DZ. Can you recommend a "goldilocks" zone for perpetual play TV so we can migrate our league to the TV norms of DZ?

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Can you argue the call on a failed bribe roll?

Thanks,
mb

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

(On phone, so will tidy post when on PC)
Andy Hoare on Facebook wrote:Hi all - I've just read Babs' collated list of questions about the new edition over on TFF, so rest assured they'll get looked at once James and myself get the two (that's *two*!) books we're currently writing to press by the end of next week.

I notice I'm quoted on that thread as saying the description of how the range ruler works on page 7 of the rulebook is a misprint - this isn't quite true, it's the same introductory description of how the ruler works that's been used since 1994, but people are probably reading it again for the first time since then! The actual rule is on page 18, and is the same wording as the CRP.

The rest we'll get to as soon as possible, so many thanks for your feedback and patience :-)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

Andy's additional note was that only one of the two books was a Blood Bowl product... :D

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I post this first with the comment that I think Andy's definitely doing the right things ... some bumps in the road at the beginning but overall I'm happy with what it happening so far. I spent 4 years working on the CRP so I can definitely cut him some slack with his first printings.

Okay that said ... I do need to correct a mis-statement by Andy as one of BB's historians.
Andy Hoare wrote:it's the same introductory description of how the ruler works that's been used since 1994
Actually that is incorrect. That wording was only used from 1994 to 2003.

The BBRC with Jervis Johnson (even before I joined the BBRC) changed the wording of that section in the Living Rulebook 2.0 which was officially released by GW in April 2003. So the wording currently in the rulebook was used for only 9 years with the revised wording referencing the square in the introduction used for the last 13 years.
In Living Rulebook 2.0 ... the wording was officially changed in the introduction at the front of the rulebook to include the phrase:
"If the line between two passing ranges crosses the receiving player’s square, then you should use the higher range."

I fully agree that the new rulebook has the LRB 6.0 rules for the range ruler on page 18 but the introduction has been changed to the wording from the 1994 rulebook as you stated but that is not what it has been for the last 13 years.

[EDIT]
And I will gladly read a Did You Know about Galak getting shivv'd by a Snotling. ;-)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

I also saw the post on FB. It is good to see our feedback and experience is filtering through to the correct people.

As we are all mostly aware there was a long, dark period where fan posted content was destroyed. It was ugly to say the least.

Perhaps they are turning a corner.

Michael

nivlaps
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nivlaps »

celticgriffon wrote:Can you argue the call on a failed bribe roll?

Thanks,
mb
I would say no. Wouldn't make much sense, would it?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yes, if you fail a bribe and someone gets sent off, you can then argue the call on the original decision.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

If you have a coaches miniature.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

sann0638 wrote:Yes, if you fail a bribe and someone gets sent off, you can then argue the call on the original decision.
Is this an official answer, Mike? The rules in Death Zone on pg 28 Inducements / Bribes don't have a reference. Also, the rules for Head Coaches same book on p 28 don't have a reference.

Cheers,
Michael

DOA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DOA »

Times ago(don't remember which lrb was) when the "argue the call" rule was in you can argue alla the van
But to Be honest, personally i first argue the call And the use the bribe

For commisions contact me
For a gallery of my works visit my site or my facebook
http://www.alessiobonvini.com
https://www.facebook.com/DOA-Painting-S ... 683309464/
hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

My reading of the rules was that a bribe takes place before being sent off whereas the atc happens after. I don't have them in front of me though.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk