Questions for a Q&A about the new rules - please contribute

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Questions for a Q&A about the new rules - please contrib

Post by straume »

Milo wrote: I think it's less confusing, in the long run, to have another week or so go by to get it right than to release Errata B to fix Errata A, and then another Errata C to fix stuff that's left in Errata B, etc.
This leads me to another question: Will we at some point get a Living Rulebook available online?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Milo wrote:
Darkson wrote:Well, they haven't errata'd it yet, along with the stuff Tom says Andy says is a misprint.

Maybe if they get given a "all-in-one" list they'll pull their fingers out and get it updated, because they're clearly not in a rush to do so at the moment.
It's being worked on. The first errata was a rush job to try to get something in place for release day. It clearly wasn't sufficient/completely accurate, so before releasing an update to the errata, there's a need to make sure it is as clear, concise and correct as possible. I hope people can understand that. I think it's less confusing, in the long run, to have another week or so go by to get it right than to release Errata B to fix Errata A, and then another Errata C to fix stuff that's left in Errata B, etc.

In other words, please be patient.
So you shouldn't have a problem with people asking this questions, which while obviously wrong, need to be in the errata. If no-one brings it up to them, it might get missed, needing your errata C etc.
You've just argued away your own comment to Babs.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

I don't feel like I've argued away anything. I don't have a problem with people asking questions about the genuinely confusing and unclear items, of which there are/were plenty. I think the wood elf Lineman cost falls into the clear and obvious typo area, especially with the separator comma in the wrong location.

My post was trying to assure people like yourself who are mistaking "no communication" for "not doing anything".

Milo

Krusader
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Krusader »

My question, possibly a silly one, is what sized bases are the Big Guys supposed to be on now? Has this already been answered?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Whatever size you want to put them on/the model fits on.
Base size is unimportant in BB, other than ease of use in the pitch.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Krusader
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Krusader »

Darkson wrote:Whatever size you want to put them on/the model fits on.
Base size is unimportant in BB, other than ease of use in the pitch.
Yeah, I'd remembered this about an hour after I posted.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Especially in light of the issuance of a multi-part rulebook, riddled with inconsistencies, misprints and outright mistakes, why doesn't your professional game company issue a complete and widely publicized apology to the game community, and beg the forgiveness of the former BBRC members while offering them lucrative jobs to rewrite and rules-proof this Royal male chicken-up you'be foisted upon the gaming world?

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Digger Goreman wrote:Especially in light of the issuance of a multi-part rulebook, riddled with inconsistencies, misprints and outright mistakes, why doesn't your professional game company issue a complete and widely publicized apology to the game community, and beg the forgiveness of the former BBRC members while offering them lucrative jobs to rewrite and rules-proof this Royal male chicken-up you'be foisted upon the gaming world?
Sorry, are you addressing that to me?

Milo

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

<inflammatory comment removed>

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Milo wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote:Especially in light of the issuance of a multi-part rulebook, riddled with inconsistencies, misprints and outright mistakes, why doesn't your professional game company issue a complete and widely publicized apology to the game community, and beg the forgiveness of the former BBRC members while offering them lucrative jobs to rewrite and rules-proof this Royal male chicken-up you'be foisted upon the gaming world?
Not that I know of, Milo, just addressing the original post.... The recipient being games workshop/Andy Hoare.... The best thing said for either is that AH is a nice guy that listens, yet the gaming community is paying for a sub-standard product from a supposedly premier gaming/miniatures company... and certainly what/whoever he IS listening to is channeling static at the best....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Digger Goreman wrote:
Milo wrote:
Not that I know of, Milo, just addressing the original post.... The recipient being games workshop/Andy Hoare.... The best thing said for either is that AH is a nice guy that listens, yet the gaming community is paying for a sub-standard product from a supposedly premier gaming/miniatures company... and certainly what/whoever he IS listening to is channeling static at the best....
Sorry, there were just a lot of "YOU"s in your message, which made it feel like it was being personally addressed: "YOUR professional game company", "male chicken-up YOU'BE [sic] foisted". The original post was just asking for confusing parts which needed clarification.

I think the idea of a multi-part rulebook is:
  • to be expected, in light of previous GW releases (2nd Ed rulebook, plus Star Players book plus Companion; 3rd Ed rulebook plus Death Zone plus compendium, et al.);
  • a tool to extend the lifetime of the game, from a sales perspective; and
  • allows for the addition of new rules and content beyond just the CRP.
In that light, I think it can be seen as a good thing, although -- like many others -- I hope there will be periodic compendiums which gather the various content into single documents.

You're completely right about the substandard quality of the first released rulebooks. The good news is that Andy Hoare HAS made a public apology, and they have recruited experienced players to proof read future releases, so they are learning from their mistakes. What more would you ask for?

Milo

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

[mod hat on]
Removed Digger's comment and the subsequent comments to his comment. Digger ... you are fully allowed to hate/dislike GW ... but personal vulgar attacks will not be tolerated
[/mod hat off]

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Milo wrote:I don't feel like I've argued away anything. I don't have a problem with people asking questions about the genuinely confusing and unclear items, of which there are/were plenty. I think the wood elf Lineman cost falls into the clear and obvious typo area, especially with the separator comma in the wrong location.
However, until errata'd, people that don't know the game (the newbies they want to bring in) will be prone to confusion, especially if they don't have experienced players to hand.

Also, and I know this from personal experience of reffing at GW events, the rule of thumb they use is "RAW unless an errata [includung the rulepack] says otherwise".
My post was trying to assure people like yourself who are mistaking "no communication" for "not doing anything".
A "quick & dirty" word document, converted to a pdf, would take little time to get sorted, half hour tops. In fact, it would be better than having a fancy graphics version as they can update it quicker.
Personally, if they're waiting around while someone does some nice background etc that I class that as "doing nothing".

TomB
Rookie
Rookie

Questions for a Q&A about the new rules - please contribute

Post by TomB »

I agree with darkson. If this was an issue I had at work, I think if it wasn't sorted in a day I would be sacked. Although to be fair the first errata came up pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

TomB wrote:Although to be fair the first errata came up pretty quick.
Yep, it's been here even before the game itself! :lol: