Retiring players and Treasury optimal value

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Couple of questions:
1) if a player wants to retire and you pay him extra money to stay... Does he roll again at the end of the next season or he still wants to retire by default? I would guess it is the second one?
2) Given expensive mistakes... What is the "optimal" value for the treasury now? Below 200k?

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Retiring players and Treasury optimal value

Post by dode74 »

1. I think the second. Once a player wants to retire there's no procedure for removing the tick from the box.
2. I think <300k. A 1 in 6 to drop half the cash (Major Incident) is a reasonable risk, and if you stay above 250 you're only a few matches or so from being back above 200 again. You'll drop to a similar level as you would if you tried to stay in the 150-190 range and got hit with a Minor Incident anyway, and gives you a 5/6 chance of retaining that 100k+ buffer. I don't think the 1/6 risk of potentially losing almost everything is worth going to 300k for.

MacHurto
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MacHurto »

Thanks, Dode. It also makes sense to try and keep treasury as high as possible at the end of the season.

Can you waste money? Like hire and immediately fire cheerleaders. It happens before the expensive mistakes roll

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Not having Deathzone, only read through it so i have to go after from what i remember. Not sure when the roll is made exactly, my formula is based on that it is that you can spend the last winnings before rolling for expensive mistakes. How the table looks also comes from my memory.

Then the optimal cash in the end of the season is when average winnings= average losses so it becomes simple formulas c=a+b*x or x=(c-a)/b for each intervall of cash where x is treasury. This is because some of the losses due to expensive mistakes are fixed and some depends on the treasury. The logic is that at the end of season you don't need to think about spending money replacing lost players. You also have to estimate the outcome of match and the expected fame but i have just simplified it ny making fixed estimations. The formula doesn't take SE into account.

My result is that in the 200-290 k intervall the optimal treasury is 505 k and in the 300-390 k intervall the optimal treasury is 210k. Even you if you think the win estimation is much higher than my mine the optimum cash is 290k (to avoid the 300-390k column). All given i have guessed how expensive mistake works and the expensive mistakes table right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lyracian
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lyracian »

MacHurto wrote:Couple of questions:
2) Given expensive mistakes... What is the "optimal" value for the treasury now? Below 200k?
I think teams will want to hold to 190k to start with until they get a big win to put them above 250k and then try and stay at 250-290k. As you get to spend money before mistakes are rolled you can buy the 100k replacement player and stay under 200k.
MacHurto wrote:Can you waste money? Like hire and immediately fire cheerleaders. It happens before the expensive mistakes roll
Step 4 of post match just says hire and fire. Rules do not actually prohibit you from hiring and firing the same player/staff but some commisioners think it should not be allowed.

If you are not allowed to waste cash they just buy beer or a bribe/apo at the start of a match to burn the cash. At least with this edition rules cash spent does not add to TV.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

1) if a player wants to retire and you pay him extra money to stay... Does he roll again at the end of the next season or he still wants to retire by default?

Well you are making a new roster right? So i would think you should roll each season to see if a players want to retire. (A lot can happen in a season fluff wise)

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Kemimutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kemimutt »

Bakunin wrote:
1) if a player wants to retire and you pay him extra money to stay... Does he roll again at the end of the next season or he still wants to retire by default?

Well you are making a new roster right? So i would think you should roll each season to see if a players want to retire. (A lot can happen in a season fluff wise)
Not quite. You make a new Cockerel but you can choose to recruite players from your old team, and they keep all their stats.

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

Kemimutt wrote: You make a new Cockerel
I missed that bit in the rules. Reckon it'll get errata'd?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Kemimutt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kemimutt »

hutchinsfairy wrote:
Kemimutt wrote: You make a new Cockerel
I missed that bit in the rules. Reckon it'll get errata'd?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
I dont know where that came from!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Kemimutt wrote:I dont know where that came from!
I thought it was a (quite funny, actually) reference to the common use of the word "Cockerel" instead of "roster".