Nurgle has 7 Stars??? WTF!!! >:(

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

If you HAD to remove one of these Stars from the Nurgle roster, which would it be?

Max Spleenripper
No votes
Lewdgrip Whiparm
5%
Brick Far'th & Grotty
71%
Lord Borak
3%
Grashnak Blackhoof
12%
Morg'n'Throg
9%

Total votes: 76

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Nurgle has 7 Stars??? WTF!!! >:(

Post by Darkson »

DinoTitanedition wrote:Isn`t that a biased poll? Where is "Would not remove any"? I know that everyone has personal preferences, but not all of them include cutting content.
Because the question is "If you HAD to remove one", to which "would not remove any" is not a valid answer.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

FB has its charms of bigger audience but i appreciate you posting this here too, in my opinion its easier for a topic to develop here and follow opinions

I would have to go with Brick Farth and Grotty. Morg had a fluffly reason why he would play for nearly anyone but BF&G was a stretch!

also you know what, Nurgle already has enough big guys available to them

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Because the question is "If you HAD to remove one", to which "would not remove any" is not a valid answer.
In this case the question already holds a certain oddity, as you are not asking the community, but only a part of it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No, I'm asking all the community to answer THIS question, not some other question - if you're having problems, imagine you're the game designer, and you've been TOLD by higher-ups you can only have 6 Star options per roster, and Guffle has to be one of them.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Brick & Grotty. The others are all Chaosy. B&G are not.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Darkson wrote:No, I'm asking all the community to answer THIS question, not some other question - if you're having problems, imagine you're the game designer, and you've been TOLD by higher-ups you can only have 6 Star options per roster, and Guffle has to be one of them.
In that case Brick Farth & Grotty

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Why do you want to remove stars from roster?

Nurgle has now 8 available.
If Bloodbowl is successfull, i'm pretty sure GW will make more new starplayers (it's a miniatures companies), and that pretty much all rosters will have more than 6 stars.

(for example, some starplayers are obviously missing, for example, there is no kroxigor star yet...)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

babass wrote:Why do you want to remove stars from roster?
Read the first post a bit more carefully....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Cyrus-Havoc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Cyrus-Havoc »

Brick & Grotty because they are newer, I like the old traditional stars.

Not Undead, but perhaps the oldest living coach.
faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

babass wrote:Why do you want to remove stars from roster?

Nurgle has now 8 available.
If Bloodbowl is successfull, i'm pretty sure GW will make more new starplayers (it's a miniatures companies), and that pretty much all rosters will have more than 6 stars.

(for example, some starplayers are obviously missing, for example, there is no kroxigor star yet...)
Since it looks like they are planning on re-releasing all the teams, it could be a long time before they release minis for new star players. I would hope they finish covering the old stuff before releasing totally new stuff. Likely they will do a mix of both, release a mini for a brand new star player, re-release some team minis, etc.

Anyways, I voted for Brick Farth & Grotty, pretty much because of the same reasons everyone else did. Plus I've always thought the Lewdgrip mini is cool, and don't want to see him become defunct. ;)

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

He plays for Chaos and pact.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

@Darkson
No, I'm asking all the community to answer THIS question, not some other question - if you're having problems, imagine you're the game designer, and you've been TOLD by higher-ups you can only have 6 Star options per roster, and Guffle has to be one of them.
Thanks for the clarification, but it kind of feels even more odd to me somehow. If creating starplayers helps keeping the game alive, or even help promote it, make it more popular and open to a wider range of people, why would a company want to limit the amount of starplayers per team then?

I'm also staying with the answer I indirectly already gave - I don`t have a problem with a higher amount of starplayers. They add flair. To me, more flair is okay.

...in general and out of curiousity....why would you (Darkson) want to limit the amount of starplayers? I assume it is not "fairness" as the game itself is unbalanced and not meant to be, at a lot of points already.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Sorry for asking a stupid question: But what is the status of the 4(?) stars from the latest GW tournament? Frank N' Stein and the others...
Are they official (after the pricing changes).
Or are they out the window Again?

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

@plasmoid - not GW official, but the NAF does allow them (see latest NAF tournament rules doc).

@Dino - again, and I don't see how I can make it much clearer, it's a HYPOTHETICAL question asking who you would remove if you HAD TO. It is not a deep and meaningful question about balance etc. Just read the question asked and don't try to read anything else into it.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

@Darkson - again, I got that the first time you explained it and I again, I am simply interested in the drive behind the request...if there is any. But thanks for the repeated explanation :)