Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Grak and Crumbleberry
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:30 pm 
Star Player
Star Player

OdoGoodgrubb wrote:
I can surely see why everyone is a bit frustrated with things like this, but in the end it doesn't really bother me because I feel confident that the player community will self-correct any problems that arise. I mean, the community pretty much ran the game for decades and some of our members are responsible for many improvements made to the rules during that time.

I'm just enjoying that the game is getting more attention, as well as new stuff to buy.

The worrying thing is if the designers are doing things like creating underpriced non-Loner star players with new untested skills on purpose, what other ill-conceived ideas are going to show up in the rules via DeathZone expansions?

Yesm the playing community can house rule against them, but a fractured rule-set with house rules aplenty is not great for the game.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Olaf the Stout wrote:
OdoGoodgrubb wrote:
I can surely see why everyone is a bit frustrated with things like this, but in the end it doesn't really bother me because I feel confident that the player community will self-correct any problems that arise. I mean, the community pretty much ran the game for decades and some of our members are responsible for many improvements made to the rules during that time.

I'm just enjoying that the game is getting more attention, as well as new stuff to buy.

The worrying thing is if the designers are doing things like creating underpriced non-Loner star players with new untested skills on purpose, what other ill-conceived ideas are going to show up in the rules via DeathZone expansions?

Yesm the playing community can house rule against them, but a fractured rule-set with house rules aplenty is not great for the game.

I think there is also the fact that GW has never really promoted competitive play. In my opinion competitive play is what has kept BB alive. Not so much the "competitive" side of things but the fact the tournaments provide a great place for BB players to get together etc. It is one of the things I love about the BB community.

So you have a company that historically cares nought for tournament play so makes decisions based on that. As a result, unbalanced, untested and crazy amounts of new rules in new locations spring up. Give it 6 months...NAF will take control again, and so will the community.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:36 am 
Da Spammer

Darkson wrote:
Someone at the Open Day (J_Bone?) tweeted that Andy said the missing Loner was a typo.
(And he also said the same on FB, but I no longer have access to the link.)

Babs wrote:
Quote:
GW confirmed no loner is correct?

I flagged the issue with Andy Hoare, and was given a fairly terse reply:
Quote:
The rules for Grak and Crumbleberry are published as James intended them - they don't contain any typos and we're not going to publish an errata.

So Andy was telling porkie pies to someone (or doesn't have a clue). :roll:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:09 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic
Andy never said that it was a typo, he said he'd look into it. It has been looked into.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm 
Da Spammer

He said it was a typo on Facebook, in reply to one of my posts.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 am 
Legend
Legend

er..... Isnt this thread about Grak? The BB2016 rules changes had their own thread....
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43404

The Exiles Blood Bowl League and Tournaments use the Icepelt rulebook, for complete BB rules and fluff. Download here.
SW England Regional Co-ordinator for the NAF
@Lunchmoney_Al for me @ExilesBBLeague for my league/tournament news

#BringTheFling17

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:10 am 
Legend
Legend

Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation
G&C are just one of the biggest fubars in an intensely unprofessional product so yeah, you WILL get crossthreading through the most common denominator. ...

elF them both!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat