Grak and Crumbleberry

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Grak and Crumbleberry

Post by babass »

Milo wrote:
Sandwich wrote:Question I don't think anyone has asked: is Kick Team-Mate a new skill that I can give to a player?

Follow-up question: would it stack with Kick??

:wink:
Is Throw Team-mate?
Why Throw Team-mate would stack with Kick?

But take care, throw team-mate is an "extraordinary" "passing" skill, and that most of the passing skill stack with ttm (strong arm,nerves of steel, etc...)

The question about the potential stack between kick team-mate and kick make sense, when ready the wording and the naming of this new skill.

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

babass wrote:
Milo wrote:
Sandwich wrote:Question I don't think anyone has asked: is Kick Team-Mate a new skill that I can give to a player?

Follow-up question: would it stack with Kick??

:wink:
Is Throw Team-mate?
Why Throw Team-mate would stack with Kick?

But take care, throw team-mate is an "extraordinary" "passing" skill, and that most of the passing skill stack with ttm (strong arm,nerves of steel, etc...)

The question about the potential stack between kick team-mate and kick make sense, when ready the wording and the naming of this new skill.
I was responding to his first question: "is Kick Team-Mate a new skill that I can give to a player?" And since Throw Team-mate is clearly the closest analogue, I asked him if Throw Team-mate was. (Of course, it isn't -- it's an extraordinary skill that can only be assigned to a player when the position is generated, and never added as an acquirable skill via star player rolls.)

I would say it does not stack with Kick, because Kick specifically states "you may choose to halve the number of squares the ball will scatter on kick-off". A kicked player being neither a ball, nor a kick-off, I would rule that they couldn't stack. I figured the rules as written would cover that case. (Though I admit it would be a clever use of the skill, but it would require a re-write and I think most people are not in favor of the new Kick Team-mate skill in the first place.)

Milo

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

digger wrote:
Heff wrote: On a personal note I am also irritated by the "fan boys" (You know who you are) saying "You just don't like FUN, this will be fine" or "The game is supposed to be random you are just moaning" as if that is somehow a trump card and wins every argument. It is not, it is just an assertion.
I'm guessing I'm a fan boy then? Although I never said anyone doesn't like fun I said I game for fun, I did say people have moaned about everything new that's a fact they have. Not only on here I read on Twitter that some people think that GW are keeping pricing down to put 3rd parties out of business mental. And I bought the new box set, DZ and refs first stuff I've bought from GW in over ten years hardly GW fan boy.

The game is supposed to have a random element isn't it? From the weather, kick off table and random events. Isn't one of the games strong points a mix of tactics and your ability to react to something random.

GW have taken their ball back and it not gone down to well
No your not. The fan boys response to ANYTHING is "Cool". Their response to any "Hang on does this mean" is to throw their teddies out of the pram and squeal about how I don't understand that it is meant to be fun, that GW are doing their best and that anyway I don't understand the game.

The game came out and I bought it on day 1. I don't need ANYTHING in that damn box but punted £65 to GW as a token of faith in them. Plus deathzone. The only thing I am even remotely likely to use is the board, oh and the cards while we experiment in my league with "Full 2016" to see what we want to take.

Am going to pick you up on is the game about your ability to react to something random. Well to a point. The game is about managing known probability for me. How likely is it that this player will manage to do this thing. Things like the cards take that probability management and sacrifice it on the alter of fun. No it is not fun when I have played a tight game and you pull out a card that basically takes that away. Wizards are not the same I KNOW if you have one. A card is just a ticking time bomb of unknown that I cannot apply what little probability knowledge I have to.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Agreed. Played with the cards once and won the game with one, but didn't feel good about it for the reasons you state.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Heff wrote: Am going to pick you up on is the game about your ability to react to something random. Well to a point. The game is about managing known probability for me. How likely is it that this player will manage to do this thing. Things like the cards take that probability management and sacrifice it on the alter of fun. No it is not fun when I have played a tight game and you pull out a card that basically takes that away. Wizards are not the same I KNOW if you have one. A card is just a ticking time bomb of unknown that I cannot apply what little probability knowledge I have to.
You can play Blood Bowl the same way if you ASSUME every card is the worst (and by worst, I mean -- guaranteed to take away a TD.) If any individual card is not that powerful, then you've lucked out and the risks were not as bad as you thought. Under those circumstances, maybe you don't stall until the last turn of the half to score -- which in turn makes the game more fun for your opponent (because we all know what it's like to be stalled out, and it's no fun. Strategically sound sometimes, yes, but no fun.)

Milo

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Angriest l have ever been was when a guy FAILED to stall. I sat there fuming because he had basically said "l can score in 3, give you the ball,and still beat your sorry ass".

Problem is that from memory l think he was right.
Stalling is not only the best way to win. Being stalled on is a sign of respect.

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
digger
Experienced
Experienced

Post by digger »

I agree somewhat about the cards being something you can't prepare for, but I've lost games as result of a kick of result leaving six of my players stunned and leaving me with no chance of stopping my opponent. Though I know you can plan a little for kick off results as you know when it's going to happen.

Apart from a league that I played in a few years ago my only competitive games have been on blood bowl 2 and it was the first time I'd had to deal with stalling good tactics maybe but not in keeping with the spirit of the game and think if the possibility of a card stops it then that's a good thing.

I'm not a rules expert so the changes being made to rules I can't calculate how they might effect the game for more competitive players. Though I recently suffered at the hands of a chaos claw piling on mighty blow team were my orcs with four av 10 players got decimated so I see the problem like I said no rule expert but is the problem not claw instead of piling on? Feels like it punishes higher armour value teams but wouldn't you want put more armour on if you saw a fella with a big claw coming at you?

A bigger problem for me is conceding worst one I thought I'd give elves a go never played with them really so my first or second game I play someone who mashed them beat by 3-1 I think I was never in the game got shocking dice when I thought I'd put myself in a decent position but that happens so I sat through the game for nearly an hour while my opponent had the time of his life. Decided elves aren't for me search for a game with my orc team got the same opponent great stuff revenge! Sends me a message "wow nice team!" He quits in second turn cos it looks like I'm going to score after he failed a going for it. Cheers pal

Maybe I'm being selfish the changes suit my style of playing the game.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Wow, this has got massively off topic....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

digger wrote:I agree somewhat about the cards being something you can't prepare for, but I've lost games as result of a kick of result leaving six of my players stunned and leaving me with no chance of stopping my opponent. Though I know you can plan a little for kick off results as you know when it's going to happen.

Apart from a league that I played in a few years ago my only competitive games have been on blood bowl 2 and it was the first time I'd had to deal with stalling good tactics maybe but not in keeping with the spirit of the game and think if the possibility of a card stops it then that's a good thing.

I'm not a rules expert so the changes being made to rules I can't calculate how they might effect the game for more competitive players. Though I recently suffered at the hands of a chaos claw piling on mighty blow team were my orcs with four av 10 players got decimated so I see the problem like I said no rule expert but is the problem not claw instead of piling on? Feels like it punishes higher armour value teams but wouldn't you want put more armour on if you saw a fella with a big claw coming at you?

A bigger problem for me is conceding worst one I thought I'd give elves a go never played with them really so my first or second game I play someone who mashed them beat by 3-1 I think I was never in the game got shocking dice when I thought I'd put myself in a decent position but that happens so I sat through the game for nearly an hour while my opponent had the time of his life. Decided elves aren't for me search for a game with my orc team got the same opponent great stuff revenge! Sends me a message "wow nice team!" He quits in second turn cos it looks like I'm going to score after he failed a going for it. Cheers pal

Maybe I'm being selfish the changes suit my style of playing the game.
Cyanide is a den of villany. Had a guy concede on me there before I had a turn, He won the toss, blocked me, double skulled, re-rolled, double skulled, disconnected. Combined with all the connection issues I had I gave up. Online bloodbowl is not for me. Too many min maxers out to ruin my bloodbowl time with their shennanigans. Stalling is fine being a dick is not.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

At the risk of Clawpombing this thread,

Claw is not a problem, pile on is not a problem, mighty blow is not a problem. All three are a massive problem if they are spammed. FUMMBL has/had an infamous CD team of 6 clawpomb guard dwarves and 6 hobos for fouling. No skill at all just SPLOOSH.

Bloodbowl is designed for short tabletop leagues. You play it outside those parameters and you will break it.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

lunchmoney wrote:Wow, this has got massively off topic....
Just a bit

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Beat me to it.

This is NOT the thread for moaning about Clawpomb, stalling or digital conceding - if you want to moan about those things, or anything else not connected to Grak and Crumbleberry they have their own threads.
Anymore, and I might decide to start arbitrarily deleting posts.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Darkson wrote:Beat me to it.

This is NOT the thread for moaning about Clawpomb, stalling or digital conceding - if you want to moan about those things, or anything else not connected to Grak and Crumbleberry they have their own threads.
Grak and Crumbleberry would never concede! I await their input on stalling, but they might kick that discussion into the long grass. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EastCoast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by EastCoast »

Darkson wrote:Beat me to it.

Isn't it hysterically funny that this only happens when and only when a poster disagrees with you? I love how this wandering off topic didn't bother you in the least until a poster was all like "hey, I kind of like the new rule changes?" Suddenly now 7 pages after everybody had a good moan about not being LRB/Crp we're veering off topic? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. :roll:

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Well, this is the thread about two new star players... makes sense for other things to be offtopic. :roll:

So... out of curiosiy and back to them, are they named to make jokes about something or somebody? If so, what/who?