"Blitzmania", new GW...thing

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Re: "Blitzmania", new GW...thing

Post by Jip »

Our local GW knew nothing about this, and seem to know nothing about the releases, either.

It's a bit embarrassing (can't decide if it's for me or them though!) going into a store and asking about new stuff that I've seen photos of, or read online about (from official GW sources), and being more in the know than the staff seem to be. :roll:

I s'pose it might just be my local store (Swindon, UK) just aren't fussed about BB, so don't look for it on any internal correspondence they have.

But, at the moment, we're begging to get a game there, or any info about releases, and being left clueless.

Edit: Can't see it mentioned on here, but it all starts on February 4th, according to the Warhammer community site.

Reason: ''
Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Jip wrote:It's a bit embarrassing (can't decide if it's for me or them though!) going into a store and asking about new stuff that I've seen photos of, or read online about (from official GW sources), and being more in the know than the staff seem to be. :roll:
I don't know about GW stores in Britain but here in Germany, the typical GW store is run by one adult, whos face you never see and a couple of young WHFB/WH40K players who hardly can tell their butts from their faces, who act as staff.
Honestly, if I ever need a stupid youngster, I'll go looking in GW stores. :roll:

For me it is no wonder they no nothing, Jon Snow... uh... of Blitzmnia, I meant. :orc:

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

So, I happen to be an English speaker in a German-speaking country. If, just for speculation, there were any exclusive items that came in this kit that were in German, and anyone from an English speaking area would be interested/willing to trade their English versions for my German versions, I would be interested in that.

That is, if there is anything in the kit that is exclusive. Like special play cards, or anything.

Milo

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Milo wrote:That is, if there is anything in the kit that is exclusive. Like special play cards, or anything.
Nothing concrete from GW anywhere (shock), but there's a couple of references to exclusive special play cards on a few social media posts...

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I have a local (non-GW) store running Blitzmania, and they're restricting it to GW minis only. Anybody know if this is part of Blitzmania? Guy running it gave me a somewhat vague answer.

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

As always in independent stores it's their decision what you can or cannot use on their tables. Blitzmania is no doubt a tool to sell stuff though, so maybe your store is restricting it because the stuff you buy on the internet doesn't help him quite as much as you buying GW kits from him. Just a thought but if he's not stocking a wide range of products from 3rd party makers of BB teams I wouldn't be surprised.
GW rules about the models you use on their premises don't extend to other premises.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

Yeah, that would make sense if he wasn't also allowing people to use old GW minis that existed before his store started.

VoodooMike
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by VoodooMike »

JT-Y wrote:GW rules about the models you use on their premises don't extend to other premises.
Well, they're not realistically enforceable outside of their own stores, but they've always said you're supposed to be restricted to official GW minis. People just know that such "rules" are a bit like the recipes you see on the boxes of food at the supermarket, which always tell you to use a specific brand of ingredient. You don't need to use Bob's Brand Butter... any butter will do, and some butter tastes better than Bob's ;) By "people" I mean... everyone but GW, of course.

Poor 'ol Moraiwe's store is just being extra mercenary.. and without good cause, really. Overt hard-sell makes people less likely to participate, and you want those folks coming into your store and having a good time - it encourages long-term sales rather than trying to menace them into one or two short-term sales.

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

Well, today I phoned a shop and asked whether I can use models from other companies. And they tell me no, only GW, new or old.

Should we think GW is demanding independent stores to stick to their catalogue? Or is that just coincidence?

JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

It's not GW.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
zer0aim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zer0aim »

So I am about to organize a little league with my friends. Is it possible to upload our match results, or is it just for independent stores?

Thanks!

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

zer0aim wrote:So I am about to organize a little league with my friends. Is it possible to upload our match results, or is it just for independent stores?

Thanks!
It appears to be just for stores. They had to buy a kit for it. Also, having the stores enter data allows a slight check on fake results.

faust_33
Star Player
Star Player

Post by faust_33 »

There's been sets of 'league special play cards' on Ebay lately. 5 cards to the set. I'm guessing these are Blitzmania items?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blood-Bowl-Leag ... SwUKxYg9Ch

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Yep, those are it. The cards are a bit overpowered, IMO.

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

So, I'll say it again, if anyone has english versions of those Special Play cards and would be interested in trading a set for German-language cards, let me know...

Milo